OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Kings jerseys are pretty much the same.

I don't like the ones without shoulder piping for some reason, they look plain/boring.

Edit: on 2nd look the ones with more design below are ok, that preds up top though is boring to me

Last edited:
Marian Hossa might retire because he's allergic to his equipment [emoji]128558[/emoji]

The new templates are bad.

Downgrades: New Jersey and Edmonton. Ruined a classic.

Missed opportunities: Calgary and Washington. Should have gone retro full time. Instant revenue generator.

Upgrades: Minnesota's home. The away jersey should have been the same as well, but that's a franchise that hasn't been able to get an identity down since their inception.

Don't dig the Vegas uni but I do like the white gloves idea

I also agree the Wild definitely upgraded despite keeping their lame logo.

Also, many have noted the removal of the reebok piping was in order to make room for ads. The NHL for now is denying this though.

Uni Watch:

I interviewed several Adidas and NHL execs, all of which was interesting. I hope to be able to tell you more about that later on, but one takeaway was that NHL branding czar Brian Jennings told me flat-out that uniform advertising is not on the table for the NHL. That doesn’t mean it’ll never happen, but he seemed pretty serious about it as we discussed it.

I interviewed several Adidas and NHL execs, all of which was interesting. I hope to be able to tell you more about that later on, but one takeaway was that NHL branding czar Brian Jennings told me flat-out that uniform advertising is not on the table for the NHL. That doesn’t mean it’ll never happen, but he seemed pretty serious about it as we discussed it.

thank god

Good close up. These things just look cheap to me. I know lightweight, more breathable, so on and so forth, but I just think they look cheap.

HOLY ****

GMCF is a damn wizard! we keep all our d.. give up tuch + haula... AND get a conditional PICK!?!?

WHAT!?

**** YES!

As for our new jersey.. i ****** like it!

Last edited:
The new templates are bad.

Downgrades: New Jersey and Edmonton. Ruined a classic.

Missed opportunities: Calgary and Washington. Should have gone retro full time. Instant revenue generator.

Upgrades: Minnesota's home. The away jersey should have been the same as well, but that's a franchise that hasn't been able to get an identity down since their inception.
Been saying this about the Caps. Sucks that there won't be any alternates this year as well.

Hope they get a revamp next year.

To me the Jets dropped the ball too, but that is from a few years ago. Some of us play up the nostalgia prob too much but I don't get how they pay big bucks to do this new design when it has literally no creativity or character. If they went with a version of the old logo everyone would go crazy.

Back
Top Bottom