OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Dallas was just flat out more clutch than the Knights, but holy hell have they had lady luck on their side.

10 seconds from being down 3-1 to the lowly Flames and then got to go against a 3rd string career AHL goalie and STILL almost blew a 3-1 series lead, needing a G7 hat trick from a guy that wouldn't have even played if not for an injury to a guy who literally never gets hurt. Then to top it off you get the series clincher on an OT PP when a Knight breaks their stick.

Lady Luck has definitely been riding with us through this stretch, but sometimes that’s a big part of getting hot at the right time.

Couldn’t believe the difference in level of play from the Stars the second after going down 2-0 early in the 3rd. I was trying not to drink tonight, but decided to crack open a beer at that point, because I’ve had a beer in hand during all of our wins so far...maybe that’s the trick.

Think Tampa would/will make quick work of the Stars in 5, but I also thought Colorado and Vegas would both win in 6. I obviously have a dream of us hoisting Lord Stanley’s Cup, but has an interim HC ever won it?

Edit: well **** me, completely forgot Berube was the interim HC just last year :lol: also looks like the Penguins have done it twice with Bylsma and Sullivan, then Sutter with the Kings. Here’s to hoping Bones can join that club.

Last edited:
Lady Luck has definitely been riding with us through this stretch, but sometimes that’s a big part of getting hot at the right time.

Couldn’t believe the difference in level of play from the Stars the second after going down 2-0 early in the 3rd. I was trying not to drink tonight, but decided to crack open a beer at that point, because I’ve had a beer in hand during all of our wins so far...maybe that’s the trick.

Think Tampa would/will make quick work of the Stars in 5, but I also thought Colorado and Vegas would both win in 6. I obviously have a dream of us hoisting Lord Stanley’s Cup, but has an interim HC ever won it?

Edit: well **** me, completely forgot Berube was the interim HC just last year :lol: also looks like the Penguins have done it twice with Bylsma and Sullivan, then Sutter with the Kings. Here’s to hoping Bones can join that club.

Yeah the Kiviranta thing is just ****ing insane to me though. Like what are the odds that Cogliano who hasn't missed a game in what 15 years happens to get hurt right before a G7. And then what are the odds of a guy who Bowness didn't think was good enough to get in the lineup for some reason, coming in potting a G7 hattie and leading the team in goals. That's either Bowness being an idgit for not having him in to begin with or divine intervention.

As much as I'd like to see Cogs get a Cup I just can't see it. Tampa is an absolute wagon so in a way I'm glad the Stars spared the Knights that embarrassment.

i didn't expect Dallas to beat Vegas let alone send them packing in 5. the amount of timely scoring Dallas gets is amazing. really hope they get Tampa cause i think they would very well sweep the Isle (in a gentlemanly fashion or not :lol: ). would be awesome for Pavs to get a cup too if they can beat Tampa

really wonder just how bad the issue Point has is. dude has been unreal for them

Last edited:
i didn't expect Dallas to beat Vegas let alone send them packing in 5. the amount of timely scoring Dallas gets is amazing. really hope they get Tampa cause i think they would very well sweep the Isle (in a gentlemanly fashion or not :lol: ). would be awesome for Pavs to get a cup too

Every single time they needed a goal they got it. EVERY TIME. And against the flow of the action too. Not often you see a team win in 5 outscoring the other 9-8.

Stars and Isles I think would actually be really competitive and also really bad television. It would essentially be what this series was. A lot of first to 3 wins. Tampa will make it so Dallas has to open up their structure which should result in more entertaining hockey like the Avs-Stars series.

I think Kivi was just a matter of next man up actually magically working out for us. Obviously nobody thought a hatter in game 7 was gonna happen, but he’s played solid hockey in the past 5 games since then and earned his role in the lineup.

Definitely need the defenders to get a hell of a lot better leading pucks out of the defensive zone. Several bad plays this series led directly to Vegas goals (and damn is Mark Stone phenomenal in the neutral zone) and a lot of bad ones occurred in the Colorado series.

Think Tampa just has too much firepower top to bottom for this team to overcome though. As amazing as Dobby has looked so far, kind of wish it was Bishop doing this to get to see him go up against his old team. Definitely love getting to see Dobby lead the charge though.

And I’m here for another matchup similar to the Colorado series with lots of scoring even though my heart might not hold up.

If Tampa is back healthy with Stamkos in the lineup and Point 100%, I’m tempted to take the sweep. Think Tampa takes it in 5, with 3 of the games not really being close. As good as Dobby has been, don’t trust it against that offense.

Everyone just counting out the Islanders here huh, no faith!

:lol: for srs, is stamkos out indefinitely or what? I can’t remember the last time he played

Everyone just counting out the Islanders here huh, no faith!

:lol: for srs, is stamkos out indefinitely or what? I can’t remember the last time he played

I think I saw he was skating yesterday. They already ruled him out for this entire series so I'd say probably still a week out. He'll prolly come back for the Cup clinching game and pot a couple goals.

Jim Montgomery getting his second chance a lot sooner than I thought he would. Got hired as an assistant with the Blues today.

2-1 game...Point deflects a shot right off the crossbar....Dallas goes right down the ice and scores

Dallas playing great AND has lady luck on their side

2-1 game...Point deflects a shot right off the crossbar....Dallas goes right down the ice and scores

I’m taking Lady Luck and my Coors Light streak for 3 more wins. We’re seriously undefeated so far this postseason when I’m drinking Coors Light :lol:

Yep. This was part of a 25 minute stretch in which they were outshot like 30 to 4. 3 of the 4 shots were goals.

Shots on Goal advantage during a 3rd period in which the Stars have a multi goal lead is meaningless. Their whole MO is sitting back and relying on the defense. No need to keep pressing in those situations. It’s been the same way the entire season.

Don’t think we even have a chance if the refs are gonna call penalties like that “interference” on Kiviranta.

The refs have made this **** borderline unwatchable/not worth the time. Terrible call on Benn.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom