OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

im surprised you two werent in here about the mcavoy hit. think he got away light on that...dirty and stupid hit

Well, I will say unfortunately Brad has not endeared himself to me, nor has he earned the benefit of the doubt. I could maybe see if his stick somehow accidentally got between his legs. But the lifting motion is what puts Liljegren into the boards feet first.

Mcavoy hit was absolutely bad but I feel if I spread my hate over the whole Bruins roster, it becomes diluted.

Marchand and Lucic. Also, they wore the ugliest jerseys in hockey last night, which added to my irritation.

Luckily Vancouver, after being an AHL team for the last couple years, beat what might be the worst team in the AHL, San Jose.

Well, I will say unfortunately Brad has not endeared himself to me, nor has he earned the benefit of the doubt. I could maybe see if his stick somehow accidentally got between his legs. But the lifting motion is what puts Liljegren into the boards feet first.

Mcavoy hit was absolutely bad but I feel if I spread my hate over the whole Bruins roster, it becomes diluted.

Marchand and Lucic. Also, they wore the ugliest jerseys in hockey last night, which added to my irritation.

Luckily Vancouver, after being an AHL team for the last couple years, beat what might be the worst team in the AHL, San Jose.

bro i was going to be like, y'all won 10-1 and you're in here about marchand!!! i know it's SJ but 10-1 is 10-1. hot start

agreed on our third jersey being terrible. not a fan at all even tho the media keeps drumming them up

"Hot start" as his team is 9-0-1. :sick:

My actual first thought after seeing that Marchand hit was, 'Why did you even sign Reeves?". Its a regular season game in November,; take the instigator.

"Hot start" as his team is 9-0-1. :sick:

My actual first thought after seeing that Marchand hit was, 'Why did you even sign Reeves?". Its a regular season game in November,; take the instigator.

im not sure if it's a sign of the leafs being absolutely gutless or them not thinking it was that big of a deal. bertuzzi was laughing on the bench with brad telling reaves he's gotta be on the ice to back up that talk. no one did anything about it

as for our hot start, it won't last. we're not dominating teams by any stretch. waiting for the fall, especially as the young kids hit the wall

Last edited:
You forever defending the rat |l

that's my captain....that's my guy

terrell-owens-dallas-cowboys.gif

Oilers Canucks was a crazy game. Oilers outshot Vancouver 19-2, took a 1-0 lead, only to have Vancouver score 2 goals on the next 2 shots.

Oilers are unexplainable. The way they played for 15 minutes in the 1st, they looked like a top tier team. Then the backend just fell apart.

My 38 years on this planet and 33 years of cheering for this team tell me otherwise. :lol:

Im just finally enjoying watching them. Its been since maybe 2012/2013 since they have played enjoyable hockey. A bit during the bubble, but short of that its been pretty lackluster.

Kings are scary good! Lots of young talent, 2 great veterans in Doughty and Kopitar. Wasn’t sure about Talbot after the first game, but he has been solid ever since.

Man the Oilers suck. We keep hearing about this nonexistent “high powered” offense. Plus their goal tending is horrible.

Man the Oilers suck. We keep hearing about this nonexistent “high powered” offense. Plus their goal tending is horrible.

McD can score 4 goals a game but if the goalie giving up 5...

this got me thinking, goalie gotta be the most crucial position in team sports. a serviceable to bad QB can be covered up with a good run game and strong defense making plays. basketball and baseball are pretty even. a serviceable to bad goaltender is losing you games point blank. no D core can cover up for that.

Issue this year is McDavid and Draisaitl can't score. Even a small slump makes that team look pretty flawed.

They should take a serious look at the dman who requested a trade from the Flames last night.

It's 8am in the morning, sir. I havent had my first cup of coffee. How am I supposed to muster up a good whine prior?

Yea, that's brutal. But it is pretty comical your first reaction is, "YEA WELL, LOOK AT THIS ONE TOO". :lol:

Draisaitl and McDavid have been doing these little cheap shots all year. Mind you, they havent put anyone on long term IR, but they are doing their best.

There are several videos of draisaitl in the last 5 games basically coasting in circles for his ****, then he has the audacity to say Woodcroft never lost the room. :rofl:

im sure they're frustrated as hell (not giving them an excuse, just saying). tough times up in oil country! :lol:

but yeah im only giving you guys ****. i've never seen a cross check to the back of the knee/legs before though so it def made me chuckle a bit. like wtf? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom