OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I ran into this video last night. One of the best Hockey retrospectives/videos Ive seen.

And conveniently, its almost playoff time. :pimp:

The guy made one for 2011's SCF between the Canucks v Bruins .. Its on his channel. Didnt watch it :lol:

I can watch videos liked that millions of times over, and still get goosebumps every time. Just got some right now :lol:

Still in awe of what happened last year.

I can watch videos liked that millions of times over, and still get goosebumps every time. Just got some right now :lol:

Still in awe of what happened last year.

Same here. Have you seen the Stanley cup chronicles episodes kingsvision has put out? Pretty well done. The last 2 were about the last seconds of game 6 and the cup celebration, had me like :frown: haha

Same here. Have you seen the Stanley cup chronicles episodes kingsvision has put out? Pretty well done. The last 2 were about the last seconds of game 6 and the cup celebration, had me like :frown: haha

Yeah, those were amazingly done. Only thing that keeps me glued to the tv during intermissions. :lol:

What always gets me is seeing the guys get jiggy in the bench with like 1-2 minutes left. :frown:

Last edited:
NHL introducing a "Stadium Series." These are subject to change....

24fgt45.png

Hmmm ^^^ :nerd:

Idk if i like it because it would take away from the Winter Classic. Honestly.

If Ovie couldve finished on that one sequence of moves.. That wouldve been Goal of the Year.

Last edited:
Back to back Ranger games at yankee stadium. Don't like at all. they need to keep it to just once a year. That idea is awful.

Last edited:
sharks on the quick-strike steez :pimp:

burns kicking *** for the sharks

Last edited:
I understand that everyone wants to host an outdoor game, but having that many in one year is just dumb. The league is going to lose all hype around these games if there's that many of them.

And back on the ice, Andrew Ladd played amazing tonight, 2 goals, 1 assist and the shoot-out winner in a Jets win. Now if only Washington would lose a game, we'd have a shot at the division but we're not going to catch them if they continue on this pace

I understand that everyone wants to host an outdoor game, but having that many in one year is just dumb. The league is going to lose all hype around these games if there's that many of them.

And back on the ice, Andrew Ladd played amazing tonight, 2 goals, 1 assist and the shoot-out winner in a Jets win. Now if only Washington would lose a game, we'd have a shot at the division but we're not going to catch them if they continue on this pace

Caps are absolutely ROLLING right now. Two tough games coming up vs. Ottawa and Montreal. Realistically, I'd like them to split. They have to lose at some point, and my guess is that it's going to be against the Habs.

These outdoor games are a horrendous idea, completely jumps the shark with the whole isea of outdoor games. Keep it 1 a year (at most two and go double header on NYD), keep it unique, keep drawing in casual fans

I love the extra outdoor games. If they had kept it to 1 per year it would get boring seeing the same teams year in year out. (PIT,PHI,BOS,CHI,WSH,NYR,etc.) More games means more fans and most importantly allows the NHL to recoup some lost revenue. The more people that are able to experience something like this the better. Just think of how many people those NY games could draw in being the week before the Superbowl, in addition to the media coverage it will generate.

I could care less if a game is played outdoors, indoors, or on freaking boat, if it's a good match-up, I'll be watching it regardless. PIT vs CHI and ANA vs LA are the only ones that interest me here, but I'm very happy that it seems the NHL is intent on marketing the game outside of the major media markets. Hopefully, next up to host games are Minnesota, Colorado, and Winnipeg.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I get that aspect and I definitely see you point. I just know so many people that have watched the WC with me who never watch Holley just because it was outside and different. The fact there was only 1 a year made it a musy see type event. But for live audiences there are definite benefits

If you want to grow the game, put some of the Stadium series in cities where you're trying to reach the casual fan. NY, Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc. will ALWAYS draw a huge crowd because hockey is popular. However, in cities like LA, where hockey is seen as a "niche" sport, having a game outdoors is a GREAT idea.

Still dont like it.

All i know.. Is that i rather an Actual Winter Classic than just a random outdoor game on a random day. It ruins the mystique of the WC.

I know the Wild are pushing for the 2015 Winter Classic w/ a game against the Blackhawks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom