OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

this has been our MO all season long...bending over and taking it up the pooper in the third period :smh:

Great experience. My first hockey game live. Atmosphere was electric.

Couple minor fights almost broke out near my section. When it was 4-0, young kids were telling: "We'll pay the rest of Kovy's contract to see a goal."

Also had the pleasure of meeting UFC Middleweight contender, Chris Weidman. Promoting his fight with Anderson as well as Bones/Chael.

Took a photo with me and signed a free poster.

this ******g ******* Volchenkov just gave marchand a concussion :smh:

blatant elbow to the head

time to run some devils :lol:

The majors:

Hart - Crosby or Kane
Vezina - Crawford or Bobrovsky
Norris - Subban
Calder - Brodin
Selke - Bergeron or Toews
Adams - MacLean

Last edited:
Lil' Ball o' Hate is concussed? :frown:

Bergeron being concussed is even worse but our top two players are injured.

Hart - Crosby
Vezina - Bobrovsky
Norris - Subban
Calder - Huberdeau
Selke - Bergeron or Toews (most likely Toews since Patrice is injured)
Adams - MacLean
Rocket- Stamkos

Hart - Crosby
Vezina - Bobrovsky
Norris - 2 man race right now. I want to say Suter but if it ends today, Subban would edge him out.
Calder - Huberdeau.. close again but people love the Stats.. So he edges out Brodin. Defensivley, no1 is touching Jonas.
Selke - Toews
Adams - MacLean
Rocket- Stamkos

Last edited:
Hart - Crosby
Vezina - Bobbo
Norris - Subban
Calder - Huberdeau
Selke - This is tough...if Bergeron gets back on the ice soon and plays to form, it's him. Otherwise, Toews
Adams - MacLean

John Buccigross is a trip right now. He is loving every second of calling a hockey game :lol: :lol:

He, Steve Levy, and Neil Everett always show hockey love on ESPN

Last edited:
How the **** do some of these guys post up in front of the goalie like they do? Especially without a visor on...I don't think you could pay me enough money to get out there and do that.

Last edited:
I go to school at Quinnipiac, campus is live right now :smokin Matt Peca is the man, so is Jordan Samuels-Thomas #JST

Was hoping St Cloud would win against them tonight. Q was a sleeper all yr even if they were #1 a good portion of the yr. At least here in MN.

Looks like its Quinnipiac v Yale for the Natl Champ.

I think Yale gets it because they've had the tougher road and looked much more impressive.

Last edited:
Was hoping St Cloud would win against them tonight. Q was a sleeper all yr even if they were #1 a good portion of the yr. At least here in MN.

I think Yale gets it because they've had the tougher road and looked much more impressive.
Have you seen us play Yale this year? It hasn't been pretty for them either time: 6-2 and 4-1 finals in those games. Anything can happen though.

sweden is on my **** list right now:

Source: Carl Soderberg move blocked
Updated: April 11, 2013, 7:13 PM ET
ESPNBoston.com

The Swedish Ice Hockey Federation has blocked forward Carl Soderberg from joining the Boston Bruins, a source said Thursday.

Soderberg had reached an agreement Tuesday with the Bruins on a multiyear contract, and had been released by his Swedish team, Linkoping, according to a source, but the deal still had to be approved by the Swedish Hockey Federation.

It is unknown why the federation would block the move.

"We need to see if the NHL disagrees or not ... there is a five-day period for review and analysis of the situation per the CBA," a source close to Soderberg said.

According to the source, the NHL now has five days to consider the rejection and any arguments that come with it. The NHL can still disagree with them and say the release is proper per their rules and register the contract despite the Swedes' position.

Soderberg had his best season yet in the Swedish Elite League -- 31 goals and 60 points in 54 games. Bruins president Cam Neely had said he planned on giving the 27-year-old a shot to prove himself in the NHL this season and potentially play a role in the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Neely said he likes Soderberg's skill set, though he has never seen him play in person and was unsure how quickly he would pick up the American game, which is played with more physicality and on smaller ice surfaces than European hockey.

"He's played against men in the Swedish Elite League and has had success doing it," Neely said. "It's just a matter of getting adjusted to the North American style -- bigger ice surface, less contact [in Europe]. But he's a big body. He protects the puck well. He skates well. He's got a good shot. But we have to temper this a little bit if he does get over here based on getting adjusted to this style of game."

Soderberg was selected 49th overall in the second round of the 2004 NHL entry draft. He has played the past two seasons with Linkoping after playing the previous four in Malmo.

Have you seen us play Yale this year? It hasn't been pretty for them either time: 6-2 and 4-1 finals in those games. Anything can happen though.
I didn't. But I know Yale is on a roll. They knocked off the Gophers and North Dakota. Those are big wins right there. And had like 30 more sog than Umass Lowell did lol. people say they are playing on a different level right now compared to their up and down regular season. That's my pick.

I'll sleep on Quin. Even though they continue to shut ppl up :lol:

I just hope for a good game.

Last edited:
I wish Gary Thorne could call more hockey/nhl games. Dude doesn't even call frozen fours anymore. :\

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom