OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Congrats to the Canadian, well fought victory.

There's always next...Olympics
mean.gif

I've always been a Price fan, very glad to see that he's going to get more recognition
pimp.gif
No one will care about the next Olympics when the owners get their way, as they should.

And it is all you have.

:lol: okay? Let them enjoy their victory man, no need to be so bitter and get on everything everyone says about it. Leave that for the Animal Thug's of the world :lol:

I think it's been Doughty too but Weber has been close.

:smh: at that Ovie situation. I'm such they would have treated Kovalchuk or no sack Radulov the same way :smh:

Not even going to watch tomorrow. Hope Finland goes in dry on these dudes.

Overall thoughts.

There is no reason why Dustin Brown and Blake Wheeler were on this team over Ryan and Okposo. This team was severely lacking skilled wingers, especially with the lackluster performances from Parise/Kane.

Great- Quick. I was completely wrong about him. He absolutely stood on his head and gave us a chance to win. Kessel was far and away our best player.
Good- Mcdonagh, Kesler, Pavelski, Van Riemsdyk, Callahan.
Average- Everyone else
Bad- Kane. Canada basically played Prevent D against Kane basically daring him to shoot. Dude needed to man the F up and put the team on his back. He's way better than he showed.
Monstrosities- Orpik. On the ice for the most goals against. Could not make a breakout pass to save his life. Would have rather had any other d-man that was in contention in his place.
Bylsma. Made sure his guys were on the team. Came in and changed the lines for the 1st three practices. Tried for 3 games to shoehorn Brown and Callahan into scoring line roles to no avail. Kept Orpik in the top 4 the entire time. Should have seperated Suter/Mcdonagh against Canada and Russia to basically almost always have one of them out. Finally, puts Faulk in for his 1st game of the tourney against Canada?
Brown. Was the anchor to Kesler/Kane for the 1st 3 1/2 games. Hell, if Brown hadn't been on the team at all we don't take that dumb *** kneeing penalty allowing Russia to tie. Possibly win in regulation and avoid Canada completely

Last edited:
good game, Canada. at this point i'm rooting for you just for Bergeron and Julien. sorry, Loui :lol:

Good game Canada.

Played great defense and your breakouts where almost flawless/puck support along the boards.

Not nearly as heartbreaking as 2010 but still extremely disappointing.

Go Sweden.

I would be fine with that but I can't stand losing to the US.
Why is that? When the pros are allowed to play the separation between our two countries is very minimal. The U.S. has vastly improved in your sport. We aren't the U.S.S.R who used to embarrass you guys at the sport you created though, so I don't get the hostility towards us beating you.

Some this arrogant in defeat. Hard to imagine a reaction to a win...

:x

i wanted the US to win as much as the next American, but the fact of the matter is that Canada is the better team in a game where two North American teams go at it. plain and simple. just because we knocked off some European teams (and blew out some teams with much lower talent) doesn't mean we're better than Canada when you match up head to head. to say the better team didn't win today is ridiculous. Canada was clearly better. and how can you be surprised about that, in all reality. lettuce be cereal, here :lol:

Why is that? When the pros are allowed to play the separation between our two countries is very minimal. The U.S. has vastly improved in your sport. We aren't the U.S.S.R who used to embarrass you guys at the sport you created though, so I don't get the hostility towards us beating you.

heh

obviously in a one game elimination anything can happen, but no our talent level is significantly higher, we dominated the game, the score was close, the play wasn't.

how many of your guys would make our squad? 3? 4?

I don't mid losing to traditional hockey powers, but johnny come lately US? That would really suck.

I have to deal with living in this hockey obsessed culture 24/7 and we can't stunt on every other country? I can't accept that. Other then loosing to European squad on big ice, anything less than gold is an embarrassment.

Had to log off Twitter. Too much hate :lol:

I still love you guys, though

you ain't a bad guy at all Physicx. But come next week when NHL comes back - you're dead to me. >D :lol:

You guys still watching the bronze match tomorrow though? We get a runback at Canada in the World Championships if that counts :wow:

I don't mid losing to traditional hockey powers, but johnny come lately US? That would really suck.

I have to deal with living in this hockey obsessed culture 24/7 and we can't stunt on every other country? I can't accept that. Other then loosing to European squad on big ice, anything less than gold is an embarrassment.
Johny come lately? The U.S. has been medaling since the inception of the winter games and was able to get Gold in the era where the Soviets literally step-sonned your country for almost 40 years. :lol: @ traditional powers, greatest thing that ever happened to Canadian Hockey was the U.S. bankrupting the Soviet Union. We both know that's the only reason you guys were able to sniff gold again. How soon you forget history of your own sport :smh:

Johny come lately? The U.S. has been medaling since the inception of the winter games and was able to get Gold in the era where the Soviets literally step-sonned your country for almost 40 years. :lol: @ traditional powers, greatest thing that ever happened to Canadian Hockey was the U.S. bankrupting the Soviet Union. We both know that's the only reason you guys were able to sniff gold again. How soon you forget history of your own sport :smh:

I don't know what alternate reality you are inventing.

Our best didn't meet russia until the 72 summit series, which we won.

Canada 7 golds, 1 silver in best on best tournaments no one else is close.

russia/soviet union has only won one best on best tournament with canada competing.

We are the best, we have always been the best, and no one else is comparable.

Are you new to hockey?

This is hilarious scolding me about history everything you wrote is untrue. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know what alternate reality you are inventing.

Our best didn't meet russia until the 72 summit series, which we won.

Canada 7 golds, 1 silver in best on best tournaments no one else is close.

russia/soviet union has only won one best on best tournament with canada competing.

We are the best, we have always been the best, and no one else is comparable.

Are you new to hockey?

This is hilarious scolding me about history everything you wrote is untrue.
laugh.gif
Everything I wrote was untrue?

So the U.S. didn't win the silver at the first winter games in Antwerp in 1920?

The U.S. didn't win the silver at the 1924 games in Chamonix?

The U.S. didn't win silver at the 1932 games in Lake Placid?

The U.S. didn't win the bronze in Garmisch-Partenkirchen at the 1936 games?

The U.S. didn't win the silver in Oslo in 1952?

The U.S. didn't win the silver in Cortina d'Ampezzo in 1956?

The U.S. didn't win gold in Squaw Valley in 1960?

The U.S. didn't win silver in Sapporo in 1972?

The U.S. didn't win gold in Lake Placid in 1980?

The U.S. didn't win silver in Salt Lake City in 2002?

The U.S. didn't win silver in Vancouver in 2010?

Now that we are finished with Johny come lately U.S.A., lets spill some facts about the greatest force Ice Hockey has ever witnessed, the Soviet Union.

Soviet Union Olympic record was 62–6–2 (win-loss-tie) through 1956–1992

The Soviet Union first participated in 1956 and overtook Canada as the dominant international team, winning seven of the nine tournaments in which they participated.
The Soviets were the most dominant team of all time in international play. The team won nearly every world championship and Olympic tournament between 1954 and 1991 and never failed to medal in any International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) tournament they competed in.
You know why their reign ended? The only reason they didn't continue to win everything is because the Soviet Union was disbanded.

Those are the facts my Canadian friend, deal with them.

Everything I wrote was untrue?

So the U.S. didn't win the silver at the first winter games in Antwerp in 1920?

The U.S. didn't win the silver at the 1924 games in Chamonix?

The U.S. didn't win silver at the 1932 games in Lake Placid?

The U.S. didn't win the bronze in Garmisch-Partenkirchen at the 1936 games?

The U.S. didn't win the silver in Oslo in 1952?

The U.S. didn't win the silver in Cortina d'Ampezzo in 1956?

The U.S. didn't win gold in Squaw Valley in 1960?

The U.S. didn't win silver in Sapporo in 1972?

The U.S. didn't win gold in Lake Placid in 1980?

The U.S. didn't win silver in Salt Lake City in 2002?

The U.S. didn't win silver in Vancouver in 2010?

Now that we are finished with Johny come lately U.S.A., lets spill some facts about the greatest force Ice Hockey has ever witnessed, the Soviet Union.

Soviet Union Olympic record was 62–6–2 (win-loss-tie) through 1956–1992

You know why their reign ended? The only reason they didn't continue to win everything is because the Soviet Union was disbanded.

Those are the facts my Canadian friend, deal with them.

BEST ON BEST

OUR BEST STARTED GOING IN '72, what is complex about this that you aren't understanding?

Dude scans a Wikipedia page and thinks magically Canada started recently. :lol:

Last edited:
BEST ON BEST.
Making excuses because your non-professional countrymen couldn't beat the Soviet's non-professionals. Numbers don't lie Osh.

You guys needed to send your NHL players in 1972 to the Summit Series because you guys couldn't accept the fact that the sport you created was no longer a sport you ruled. It took 8 games against the Soviets national team for your NHL'ers to barely squeak out the win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom