OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Dude scans a Wikipedia page and thinks magically Canada started recently.
laugh.gif
When engaging in a conversation it's imperative to back things up with facts. I referenced facts to back up my claim.
ITS A COMMUNIST COUNTRY. wtf does non professional mean in a communist country.

laugh.gif

I mean dog c'mon, you can't be this dense.
Now you're arguing facts, you are clearly the dense one. Face it you already lost this back and forth. Enjoy the victory your country had today and hope they can beat Sweden.

Last edited:
When engaging in a conversation it's imperative to back things up with facts. I referenced facts to back up my claim.

Now you're arguing facts, you are clearly the dense one. Face it you already lost this back and forth. Enjoy the victory your country had today and hope they can beat Sweden.

what you posted was obfuscatory material that is not relevant to the actual question.

In best on best tournaments which did not start until the '72 summit series Canada has 7 gold medals, Russia has 1 and we beat them before the break up in the summit series.

The fact that grown professional caliber adults were able to beat up on college and high school kids is not an actual indication of who the dominant hockey power is/was, the argument you are making is like suggesting because the soviet union basketball team with Sabonis and other legends, were able to defeat the USA before the break up meant that soviet Russia was the true world basketball power.

This stuff is taught in history class in canada, scanning a wikipedia page an picking out meaningless results doesn't do anything for your ridiculous argument.

If you can't see that then whatever; continue beliving this alternate reality you constructed for your self. :lol:

Last edited:
what you posted was obfuscatory material that is not relevant to the actual question.

In best on best tournaments which did not start until the '72 summit series Canada has 7 gold medals, Russia has 1 and we beat them before the break up in the summit series.

The fact that grown professional caliber adults were able to beat up on college and high school kids is not an actual indication of who the dominant hockey power is/was, the argument you are making is like suggesting because the soviet union basketball team with Sabonis and other legends, were able to defeat the USA before the break up meant that soviet Russia was the true world basketball power.

This stuff is taught in history class in canada, scanning a wikipedia page an picking out meaningless results doesn't do anything for your ridiculous argument.

If you can't see that then whatever; continue beliving this alternate reality you constructed for your self. :lol:
:lol: @ meaningless results and living in an alternate reality. You truly are one funny dude. Numbers don't lie Osh, please tell us more about your classroom fodder that was taught to you Canadiens to cope with the Soviets dominance. It's fun reading you come up with excuse after excuse, thanks for the laughs.

this dude really bringing up 40 year old hockey wins by the literal (in all aspects) enemy of his country because his team lost to canada in 2014?

laugh.gif

I'm not in this thread often despite being a pretty big hockey fan. Are you guys really arguing about the most dominant hockey nation? Is this even a question? Historically, presently, and in the near future....there is no contest here 
laugh.gif

As a Canadian-American, I am finding this hilarious, not grasping the fact that communist nations had a huge advantage being able to send whoever the hell they wanted to while other nations had to send true amateurs.

Its a very basic and obvious concept to grasp 
laugh.gif

Different sport, but I suppose this applies too

this dude really bringing up 40 year old hockey wins by the literal (in all aspects) enemy of his country because his team lost to canada in 2014?

:lol:
Not sure if you really want get involved here unless you want to go back and read why this conversation went into the direction it did. I know you Canadiens stick together and all and I'm surprised the caping took this long. There really isn't a reason to continue this debate. Osh made the ignorant claim that Canada has always dominated hockey, which any non-bias individual can see is a crock. There was a very large time frame in recent history where the Soviets won almost every hockey competition. I simply pointed this out and backed it up with numbers. There is nothing to argue, they're facts. You don't hear us Americans crying about how we lost our grip on baseball or basketball. These things are inevitable regardless of where a sport originated once you compete at an international level. Other countries get better over time and that's what I merely pointed out with the Soviets reign at the top. I know we have a few Canadiens in this thread who aren't trying to hear an American give an opinion about "their" sport. Just because you guys eat, breathe, & **** hockey doesn't mean you're always going to be the superior player of the sport. Now you guys are trying to make an argument that Russia had an unfair advantage and was able to play their best, while the rest of the world couldn't. Seriously that's something a loser uses as an excuse. Sort of reminds me of this weak Lakers fan I know who tries to discredit all of the titles the Celtics won against the Lakers. His excuse was their titles don't hold up today because of how many teams existed back then. Different sport, but same loser mentality excuse.

laugh.gif
Not sure if you really want get involved here unless you want to go back and read why this conversation went into the direction it did. I know you Canadiens stick together and all and I'm surprised the caping took this long. There really isn't a reason to continue this debate. Osh made the ignorant claim that Canada has always dominated hockey, which any non-bias individual can see is a crock. There was a very large time frame in recent history where the Soviets won almost every hockey competition. I simply pointed this out and backed it up with numbers. There is nothing to argue, they're facts. You don't hear us Americans crying about how we lost our grip on baseball or basketball. These things are inevitable regardless of where a sport originated once you compete at an international level. Other countries get better over time and that's what I merely pointed out with the Soviets reign at the top. I know we have a few Canadiens in this thread who aren't trying to hear an American give an opinion about "their" sport. Just because you guys eat, breathe, & **** hockey doesn't mean you're always going to be the superior player of the sport. Now you guys are trying to make an argument that Russia had an unfair advantage and was able to play their best, while the rest of the world couldn't. Seriously that's something a loser uses as an excuse. Sort of reminds me of this weak Lakers fan I know who tries to discredit all of the titles the Celtics won against the Lakers. His excuse was their titles don't hold up today because of how many teams existed back then. Different sport, but same loser mentality excuse.
so can we go with "canada has dominated hockey ever since they let NHL players play for the canadian national team"

and everyone agrees and goes home happy?

you sound like a fan of a team that the lakers knock out in the first round that says "haha the celtics have more championships than you guys! these are facts!" as if it has anything to do with your sorry team that was just sent home. 

you sound like a fan of a team that the lakers knock out in the first round that says "haha the celtics have more championships than you guys! these are facts!" as if it has anything to do with your sorry team that was just sent home. 
If that's the conclusion you have reached from this then I really have nothing to discuss with you. I should have just let Osh's arrogant incorrect claim go unchallenged.

My boys though.... Canada forecheck was dumb good.

Only way Sweden is going to win is IF Karlsson & Ekman-Larsson play a game that is godly like but with the D we have, it's very unlikely. At least, I'll get to see the silver medal when Karlsson comes home with it.

:lol: calm down fellas and [emoji]128528[/emoji][emoji]128528[/emoji][emoji]128528[/emoji][emoji]128528[/emoji][emoji]128528[/emoji] at Mrdango chill with that rangers talk :lol:

Back
Top Bottom