OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

evgeny-kuznetsov-nine-point-night-hat-trick.jpeg

This kid is gonna be a PROBLEM in the L. He's so damn good...can't wait to see him on the Caps next year.

pimp.gif

I know they're popular but TSN is obsessing over the world juniors.
30t6p3b.gif
They spent almost the entire Jets-Canadiens intermission talking about the game yesterday
Just saw Tortella got fined $30,000
eek.gif

it IS ridiculous the coverage that the WJC gets. TSN pushes it hard

anyways, the 2 rangers fans that were beaten in philly by those knuckleheads were an off-duty police officer and his son...

nice effort tonight in jersey. started slow, but after the early devils goal, it was all us. that's the offense and defense we need
pimp.gif

I read that article on yahoo about Duck's potential firesale.  Someone's gonna get traded. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by sosly

I read that article on yahoo about Duck's potential firesale.  Someone's gonna get traded. 
frown.gif

I honestly don't believe any of Getzlaf/Ryan/Perry/Fowler/Sbisa will be traded this season. What Murray said, which is being taken way out of context, is that the only players he won't move are Koivu and Selanne because they have NMC. He's said he's listening to offers on everybody else; not that he's aggressively shopping any of them. Plus, he only wants core players in return, not picks and prospects. He is pretty stupid to think we have any chance at the playoffs at this point, though. We would need about 71 out of a possible 88 points. Admit this season we greatly underachieved and don't overreact. IMO Lydman, Blake, Hagman, Ellis, Brookbank and Parros will all be moved for low round picks before the deadline. I would also like to see Hiller traded, although as bad as he's been nobody will want him. We win the lottery (crossing fingers), and with around 30 mil in cap-space we could be looking at a lineup like this next year.

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-UFA (Ruutu/Grabovski/ETC.)-Yakupov
Cogliano-Koivu-Smith Pelly
Beleskey-Macenauer-UFA

Suter-Visnovsky
Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-UFA

Damn. You already in for Yakupov, LV? :tongue: I don't see getz, ryan, or perry getting traded. Also that's a nice top 6 D too

I gave up on this season after 1winNovember. 
laugh.gif

And if not Yakupov I really want Jake Trouba. He was head and shoulders above the rest of the US d-men at the WJ. Really impressive positioning and physicality on D.

frown.gif
It just doesn't make sense why the Ducks are playing this badly, that team is loaded. My boy is a huge Ducks fan and he can't even call it.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

frown.gif
It just doesn't make sense why the Ducks are playing this badly, that team is loaded. My boy is a huge Ducks fan and he can't even call it.
It's a bunch of things. Getzlaf and Hiller have been awful. Lydman has looked like he's the worst player to ever set foot in the NHL, and almost the entire team gave up about a month ago. RPG has been a lot better since Carlyle got fired. It may be a blessing in disguise though because Nail is the real deal. I want to see what Boudreau can do with this team with a full training camp before making drastic changes.

I would trade two of the three. Begin the rebuilding process with some good, young players. Personally, I'd see what I could get from a few teams in the WC now that wouldn't be in Anaheim's conference next season first then sniff around elsewhere.

Bobby is 24, Getz and Pears are both 26 and all are on GREAT contracts. Not exactly old enough where you would want to rebuild. Murray did the same thing last year in regards to threatening a major shakeup. I personally think he's bluffing and I don't think he's dumb enough to trade any of them unless the return is one of two things. 1. Vast overpayment of picks/prospects. 2. Star for star. Like Getzlaf for Eric Staal.

Flames. gah damn lol. Oh well Irving got some experience from this
7-0
sick.gif

Boston looks really good right now and we play them later this week and we're struggling right now, I'm not looking forward to that one

Back
Top Bottom