OFFICIAL: HOH: HOUSE OF HOOPS THREAD

i would like to extend a personal thank you to all those tha flamed WP for posting info you did not like. As a result of this and calls every 2 minutes theJordan PE's quickstriked with private messages sent out to the supporters of Will, Rob400, Greg and the rest of the House of Hoops Family.(That lightskinedgirl with the pretty eyes like jollyranchers too) Thanks to the House of Hoops, Niketalk needs you.

^^^ No resell this time huh?

Wish I knew about the VIIIs but don't mind at the same time. I'm on my way to get the all stars now

Man i've been askin about these Ray joints for months, infact two days before WP announced it I had asked figuring there was no chance. I've been a fansince I was 10 back in 93 watchin him at Uconn, I idolized the dude. I got tons of jerseys a couple PE's and ive driven around on road trips just to seehim play. Now i've only made it down to HOH twice so I'm no regular I understand that. But true fans of the players were given no chance on these. Ineeded to finaly get some in a sz 12 to get a pair to ball in, but instead all these gona find there way up on ebay and im gona have to drop $600 or somethingjust to get a pair. First off I cant belive I didnt get a PM with all the posting I've done on these since decemeber, I never bad mouthed anyone on thisboard, never the less WP who has helped me make a couple trips to get some PE's I liked, and i was just about to post in his defence before everyone didand he wrote his thank yous, so I didnt wana sound cheap like I was sucking up to the dude. I hope one person who got these shoes actualy likes Ray Allen hasseen him played over 100 times has his jerseys and posters all over their walls, met him many times and steped on the court with the dude. Seriously just custhey got Jordan on them yall go crazy and no one even cares. Thanks for all you kids who act like you know it all and wana take shots at somone who would haveput this info out here so some people who loved the shoes and the player could get a peice of the action. Glad your pockets are feelin nice and heavy rightnow. Guess its time for yall to show me the same love you showed WP.

so these ray allens and q-richs came out this morning? see this is what I don't understand, WP has been hyping up the release ever since he got word aboutthem, with all the
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
emotions. when they finally decide to sell them, we don'tget a single reply to let us know. Now I've never been to the house of hoops and i have quit buying Jordans since the retro marz 4s, I wanted to get these8s....very much....i cant afford pe's like some of you other guys, retail was my best bet. i was looking forward to some release date or something from WP.I called the store atleast 3 -4 times yesterday. everytime I asked when are you releasing the 8s and I was told end of this month, not only the chick thatpicked up the phone, also by some dude who answered the next time around I called, why were we given out false information?why were we lied and betrayed? Nothing against the folks who got em, much props to all of you, much props to your dedication, if its either to keep themor sell them, you guys made it thru some tuff weather.

Now I see why some folks on here get heated at WP so much. he gassed us up for weeks about these releases, he even made a post in the jordan foum, whathappened to the update with a release date, as RockDeep said, WP is taking advantage of Niketalk by all the free advertising for his store. I mean we have arelease date topic right? he never even told us the release date and then one night, magically he decided to release them. this is most %$#&* up thingever. mad? yes I'm mad?

this has become a personal monoply for WP, he thinks he can come up on NT and do what he likes, hype up shoes, that will not ever sell if had not told us aboutthem(all star release from last week). what do we have to do now to find out about release date? we have to get on the bandwagon and ride WP in order to get aprivate message from him about the release date. this has just become ultra sad for people to obtain these shoes now. with a manager like this i dont know inwhich direction this store is heading.

i really hope, some one at nike or footlocker is reading this, i hope..
eyes.gif

In the end he's only hurting himself...cause when you count on the same resellers/people getting hooked up with information about releases, you'regoing to have to rely on them to keep your store alive...Now ask yourself this are these same people going to by GR's from you? I highly doubt it, causethey can probably pick up the shoes from somewhere else online for cheap or know somebody else who would give them a discount somewhere else..All you'redoing is killing your possible foot traffic...Soon it's going to be people who only want that PE stuff to go in there, which is not the reason why you getPE's, you get PE's to bring people into the store to try to sell them other stuff while they are in the store..That's why you limit people on whatthey can buy so other people have a shot so they come to the store...But just limiting the amount of pairs bought isn't enough for this type of store..Nowyou got people believing that your store only hooks certain people up with information that ultimately determines whom gets what. Believe me you don't wantthat rep...But it's your store, do what you like, but in your strive to be "fair and informative" you're bringing heat onto yourself by doingit the wrong way...

I usually am not one to step into arguments/heated discussions when I have nothing to do with them...but I honestly was about to reply to this threadstating how the hate on WP is very unwarranted (and it still is), that people (myself included) should just appreciate the information that he is giving tous.

With that being said, however, I agree to an extent with Mikeygaga. The "amping up" so to speak of the releases, and all the emoticons next to theshoes and colorways, only to then be lied to about the release date, just aint right. I do have to stand up and say that I believe that is unfair to thecustomer, especially potentially returning customers who have been to the HOH before, and dont hesitate to make the potentially long trip. I am notdirecting hate towards WP or the HOH, its still an incredible store which provides shoes for sale to the public that no other store in the country does.HOWEVER, to be essentially played on the RD (or time frame more so, there was never an exact date, I realize that, but customers calling and being told Marchdoes qualify) sucks big time.

I'll be 110% honest, Im sure HOH will have future releases that I will want to purchase, and if I can get my hands on a pair I wont hesitate to go thereand buy them. I wont hold that kind of grudge. I hope, though, that me admitting that wont make it OK for this to happen again in the future, just because theyfigure theyll still sell out and the customers will still come back regardless. I just wanted to voice my slight displeasure. Congrats to all who copped. BothVIIIs are straight illy.

PE's getting released are all exclusive to the HOH. Expressions will not be getting these, no one in Boston will be getting these. It might not be fair,but Nike shows all its love to Hype and Resellers, not Fans. Case and point releasing a Boston PE exclusivly to New York City. Aint nothign more backwards thanthat, but the only reasons it makes sense to limit a shoe to 24 pairs is to create hype for a store, a concept, a shoe, and Nike/Jordan brand. They got eachand everyone of us on our knees beggin for more draggin behind on their coat tails, especialy those who got these kicks and those who really wanted them. I canunderstand 23 pairs to 23 stores to hype up the 23's. But a Boston PE in New York, a shoe that should be made available for fans. Whey keep lying to us andtelling the consumer its about them. This release is a pure example of not caring for anyone and just doing something for the heck of it because they can.

i think you all have to realize that these releases are done with promoting the HOH store first and foremost. i know it doesn't make sense to releasesomething for one city in another city (Boston-New York), but if this takes off and the store does well then these stores could pop up and you'll see yourguys shoes in your city. i think until more of these stores pop up we'll continue to have reselling and people will still not be satisfied. unfortunatelywhenever you have one store being the only thing to carry certain things this will happen. but honestly even if there were stores scattered across the us whichhad these shoes you may still not be happy. for example the titanium jordan 23's...who can afford $2000 for a pair of sneakers?

don't hate the player, hate the game.

Originally Posted by cjbruns1974

i think you all have to realize that these releases are done with promoting the HOH store first and foremost. i know it doesn't make sense to release something for one city in another city (Boston-New York), but if this takes off and the store does well then these stores could pop up and you'll see your guys shoes in your city. i think until more of these stores pop up we'll continue to have reselling and people will still not be satisfied. unfortunately whenever you have one store being the only thing to carry certain things this will happen. but honestly even if there were stores scattered across the us which had these shoes you may still not be happy. for example the titanium jordan 23's...who can afford $2000 for a pair of sneakers?

don't hate the player, hate the game.

The only thing this store has is the exclusives, pretty much everything else is available anywhere.

It doesn't take a test run to know that a lot of their releases (especially stuff like Jordan PE's) will sell out QUICK. Any sneakerhead on thestreet could tell you that, and who wouldn't literally, put money on it?

Everyone knows what would happen if you opened a HOH in another major city, the same thing that's happening in Harlem. Those PE's will move prettymuch anywhere, if not for real fans, than resellers. I think they're actually walking a thin line right now, once the public is exposed to and has accessto player editions, you're opening a big can of worms. We know what's out there now and what's available to consumers. Why would I ball in plain(even ugly) GR colorways, when I could have NBA player editions on? Opening a ton of these stores is the next step, but won't it become the standard then,to only wear the player editions on court and off?

Originally Posted by Mikeygaga0713

this has become a personal monoply for WP, he thinks he can come up on NT and do what he likes, hype up shoes, that will not ever sell if had not told us about them(all star release from last week). what do we have to do now to find out about release date? we have to get on the bandwagon and ride WP in order to get a private message from him about the release date. this has just become ultra sad for people to obtain these shoes now. with a manager like this i dont know in which direction this store is heading.

eyes.gif
Now dudes is starting to see it how I saw it! And hows this for me being a hater!

in the end he's hurting himself? you guys are $$@%%% rediculous
roll.gif
You chase away the messenger then get mad when he doesnt come back with releasedate info. The problem was nobody was sure of the release until 7pm last night when a decision was made due to the high traffic of callers and me spending 30mins a day there without buying anything. Now, every release will be like this. WP took one look at these preteen antics on Niketalk and sprinted the otherway. Dont be upset though, i got a pair.

You NY cats should not be mad that they did not let you know in advance. I would be mad at Nike/JB for only dropping 48 pairs total. Even if it was postedonline you still prob would not of got them.

When are you people gonna say enough is enough with this limited %%%!. It's only going to get worse.

Originally Posted by searchin4js

this has become a personal monoply for WP, he thinks he can come up on NT and do what he likes, hype up shoes, that will not ever sell if had not told us about them(all star release from last week). what do we have to do now to find out about release date? we have to get on the bandwagon and ride WP in order to get a private message from him about the release date. this has just become ultra sad for people to obtain these shoes now. with a manager like this i dont know in which direction this store is heading.

eyes.gif
Now dudes is starting to see it how I saw it! And hows this for me being a hater!

It's all good, im sure the pm you got was different from the one i got. Congrats onyour pickup, and to show there's no hard feelings you should send one of those 12's my way.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Originally Posted by searchin4js

eyes.gif

It's all good, im sure the pm you got was different from the one i got. Congrats on your pickup, and to show there's no hard feelings you show send one of those 12's my way.
wink.gif
what pm?

Seems like WP is only looking out for resellers....no hate on you searchin, i'd prob do the same thing.

If anyone is interested I saw his on the other site earlier today with a s/o of 500

You can now put away your "KILL WP, I HATE WP, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" messages... "WP" has left the Building, no need to worry aboutanymore "WP" useless information being post on NIKETALK. . .

Back
Top Bottom