OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

holy sith!
what an episode!
i really thought carrie was gonna run away with him.
Saul being top boss now
as soon as brody said he didn't park there i was like "oh ****"
can't believe that one car blew up the entire building... but left the ones that carrie and brody were in intact
i was really surprised about quinn, i really thought he was gonna kill him and i liked his reason "i kill bad people" then he goes on and threatens david :smokin
i'm hoping we won't have to see the family again, then again they served their purpose in the first 2 seasons doubt they will show up in season 3
Naazir... man dude was a genius :x

-Why isn't Brody being monitored?

-Why is Brody still running around free in the first place?

-A guy who just attempted to bomb the VP is in the same room when the VP dies, at about the same time his lover is kidnapped by his terrorist mentor...and no one thinks that it is highly suspicious?? 
tired.gif

-A car with a bomb attached makes it onto the CIA grounds, where a VIP funeral is taking place???

-and the US president isn't present? for his vice presidents memorial??? I guess he was busy doing other stuff.

-So no one is debriefing Carrie about Nazir?

-Carrie is still running around like she owns the place? Going into peoples offices,  escaping Langley with a terrorist suspect during a terrorist attack????

-Quinn suddenly thinks that Brody has a heart of gold? 

-Quinn is a sucker for love?????

-Brody's family likes to ask government intelligence officers a lot of dumb questions
mean.gif

-A car bomb only destroys buildings to it's immediate right, and not buildings on the left.

-Canada is a safe harbor for terrorists

-Nazir is a supergenius and hatched the perfect plan???
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

grin.gif

mean.gif

-because he knew that the memorial would take place next to an unoccupied parking spot? he knew that ****!?!?

-Why would anyone want to frame Brody, when claiming responsibility is the ultimate goal???

-No one is really investigating whether there was foul play in the VP's death???

-Carrie really bought Brodys story??????? 

-Carrie returning to the CIA after surviving a terrorist attack is cool, especially when she survived as a result of leaving a memorial with the prime terrorist suspect?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? 
mad.gif

-Apparently only 3 or 4 people work at the CIA, because a guy who was just on lock down for failing a lie detector test is now the CIA director??? 
ohwell.gif

My goodness I love breaking bad, and Mad Men, and Justified!

Last edited:
-A car with a bomb attached makes it onto the CIA grounds, where a VIP funeral is taking place (and the US president isn't present?)
-Carrie is still running around like she owns the place? Going into peoples offices,  escaping Langley with a terrorist suspect during a terrorist attack????
-Brody's family likes to ask government intelligence officers a lot of dumb questions:smh:
-A car bomb only destroys buildings to it's immediate right, and not buildings on the left.
-Nazir is a supergenius and hatched the perfect plan???>D  :stoneface:  >D
-No one is really investigating whether there was foul play in the VP's death???
-Carrie really bought Brodie's story???????

My goodness I love breaking bad!

It was a memorial service not a funeral. The VP used to run the CIA so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for te CIA to have their own memorial service. No reason for a president to be there.

Still tho, some good questions. Many parts of this show lacks common sense.

-Carrie returning to the CIA after surviving a terrorist attack is cool, especially when she survived as a result of leaving a memorial with the prime terrorist suspect?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? >:
-Apparently only 3 or 4 people work at the CIA, because a guy who was just on lock down for failing a lie detector test is now the CIA director??? :\

They all were assumed dead, Carrie included since they were attending the memorial and she hadn't been found.

Estes was not the CIA director, nor is Saul now. Estes was just the highest ranked guy we ever see during all of this, was in charge of the counter terrorism. Saul most likely will get Estes position next season, and just like the POTUS, we never actually see or here from the CIA Director. Saul failing a lie detector lol. 1. That was just Estes personally holding Saul down there until Brody situation was resolved had nothing to do with failing anything. 2. In regards to lie detector, Estes even said he had the report retraced, he never put it out there, last episode he just threaten to put it out there if Saul resigned. Random chick was from FBI?(or homeland i think? idk), like she has a clue what is going on in the CIA, she just found the highest ranking person that was around, and he was in charge until further notice.

I will be really mad if they have no clues hints or actual facts at start of next season. One parking lot to another parking lot they have to see who moved Brody's car. They can't make it a permanent mystery who is doing all this crap at/from the CIA. Ignoring the obvious ******ed fact ALL that C4 got into the CIA, and a car randomly is able to get moved and parked just a couple yards outside the window where the memorial is, they better not make this a damn mystery.

Just 
eek.gif

Crazy change in direction... !  Don't really know where to begin, but I have to wonder about Quinn's sudden righteous-heart. To me it seemed weird to see this side of him all of a sudden, but I might have missed clues on his personality early-on in the season.  

A lot of people must think Saul's the mole, and the writers may have written it in a way where it seems like it (how it all plays into his hands as "the highest ranking officer" now, how he could have planned it and whatnot), but it would also seem to be a bit strange to see Saul's "sadness" when he gave that Hebrew prayer.  He was alone at the time and didn't really need to do so had he really planted the bomb. 

I don't think we'll spend the entire season 3 on trying to clear Brody's name.  If we've learned anything, the writers might do that in the first 3 episodes and spend the rest of the season on who actually framed him... their new enemy. He's still a pro/antagonist on this show... it'd be a shame to see him stuck in Canada for season 3. 

A lot of people can't stand Dana, but you can't deny how she just knows what the hell is going on. Like how she just knew  Brody wasn't saying 'goodbye'. 

Also, who do you guys think that man was who claimed responsibility for the attack? Some guy hired by the CIA/or whoever framed Brody... or an actual terrorist-cell? Nazir's successor?

Time to check-out that podcast.

Damn.

Last edited:
I wonder how Quinn feels now. Does he realize Brody was set up or is he mad and looking to kill him? I feel anyone who saw the confession tape should see Brody got set up.
Probably a stupid question, but was that Hebrew or Arabic that Sual was speaking at the end?

It's Hebrew.  He is saying a prayer that is sung in Temple over the dead.
Oh ok. I thought he was repeating the prayer the guy was saying for Abu Nazir. Thought it was a little connection with that but ah well.
Cuz he was deemed to no longer be a threat since he changed sides and was working for them, and was the main reason Abu Nazir is dead as Quinn said in the ep. There was no reason to be suspicious of him any longer. There was no chatter of another attack. All of the known ppl connected to Nazir's cell were dead or caught and even then the only person monitoring Brody was Quinn and that was just to kill him. He explained why he didn't and that was that.
He made a deal with the CIA. He was never publicly arrested. He was only secretly abducted so they can make him confess and supply them with info, then they made him a double agent. After that one ep he was monitored only when involving catching Nazir. The Op was done when Nazir died. Even when he was monitored he was able to lose them at times and he was always pretty free to do what he wanted.
-A guy who just attempted to bomb the VP is in the same room when the VP dies, at about the same time his lover is kidnapped by his terrorist mentor...and no one thinks that it is highly suspicious?? |I
Given that they just thought they stopped an attack on US soil no. They didn't know Nazir captured her until she contacted them and let them know and by then when they were searching for her the VP dies. Brody being in the same room isn't suspicious at all since he didn't kill the VP, cause of death is pacemaker. All he did was not help in time. Plus he told Saul he was going to meet the VP and tell him he was stepping down.
-A car with a bomb attached makes it onto the CIA grounds, where a VIP funeral is taking place???
Everybody there was cleared personnel. You forget that Brody managed to get a bomb vest in to a shelter consisting of the VP, the president's cabinet, and other CIA personnel? The only thing that should be questioned is when the C4 got in to his car. If it was after he parked it then yes, a group of ppl carrying C4 in to a guy's car and then moving it is suspect and a huge plothole but if it was in there the night before one person moving his car isn't that suspicious.
-and the US president isn't present? for his vice presidents memorial??? I guess he was busy doing other stuff.
The president gonna president man. This show has made an effort to not even hint at who is the US president in this world. I found it more of a problem when the VP was in the war room when they went after Nazir in Beirut. I mean it was clear they were referencing the pics from Obama okaying the kill of Osama by Seal Team 6.

So who knows why he aint show up.
From what I'm beginning to understand that's not immediate especially when it's over. Estes was talking about them getting a media spot and being praised more than handling the bureaucratic wrapping up of this op. So official debriefing could've been days or a week away. I get the feeling it would've happened the same time Saul mentioned he would lobby for her to get a promotion.
-Carrie is still running around like she owns the place? Going into peoples offices, escaping Langley with a terrorist suspect during a terrorist attack????
That location was weird. I get the feeling she was gonna take Brody in to Estes office so they could bang but yes she's cleared to walk around in the building. Also it seems everyone in the CIA was out or at the memorial.
Nah, Quinn thinks what he said. Killing Brody, kills Carrie, a great CIA analyst and in the field agent, kills a man he has pity for who went through a lot (keep in mind the initial torture before being turned which he might see as brainwashing), who managed to find some love/peace with Carrie while making good on his word as a double agent.
Yes. I say yes based on the part of that one ep where Saul had him followed and then met his wife/baby mama. Quinn probably is a sucker for love.
-Brody's family likes to ask government intelligence officers a lot of dumb questions:smh:
The family has been the most annoying and dumb part of this show and honestly given how they make this show as real as it can it makes sense.
It wasn't a car bomb. It was the C4. They mention this later in the ep in scenes with Saul I think.
Well at least getting there safely. I too felt it was dumb to think he wouldn't be recognized but the plan was to get to international waters I believe. It probably really easy to sneak in Canada, they're not having the same amount of problems the US has with Mexico. Aint no fences
-Nazir is a supergenius and hatched the perfect plan???>D :stoneface: >D :smh:
Just a back up plan that's only possible if this other cell he had waiting actually succeeds. So not so much a super genius but keeping in line with him being smart. Just a really good contingency plan. Nobody expects an attack after you stop the first one and the leader dies.
-because he knew that the memorial would take place next to an unoccupied parking spot? he knew that ****!?!?
If it was occupied I assumed whoever moved it would've just drove the car in to the building.
-Why would anyone want to frame Brody, when claiming responsibility is the ultimate goal???
It's not anybody and it's not about claiming responsibility. Brody betrayed them but already sent them the last confession for the attack he *****ed out on. This was about adding insult to injury. This was always the plan. It's not just about killing high ranking Americans on American soil but the fact they got one of their own, a marine to do it for them. That was always the intent. Plus I'm sure they were expecting to kill Brody as well so he'd actually be a martyr. So it's not really framing, it's just making things go the way they were suppose to according to their original plans. Mind you this was 8 years in the making.
Maybe. Cause of death was the pacemaker. Who knows if the m.e. figures out there was foul play.
Given that it was Carrie that hinted to them leaving the memorial to bang, not Brody, the time they just spent in the cabin and what they talked about, after her initial knee jerk reaction I don't see why she or us the viewers wouldn't believe him.
-Carrie returning to the CIA after surviving a terrorist attack is cool, especially when she survived as a result of leaving a memorial with the prime terrorist suspect?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? >:
She got id and the credentials to pass through. I'm assuming all security there is new. Also NOBODY saw her leave with Brody. As of right now with the confession and the media everybody thinks Brody is dead except for Saul and the person who handed him the list talking about more bodies need to be pulled out and Carrie is presumed dead.
-Apparently only 3 or 4 people work at the CIA, because a guy who was just on lock down for failing a lie detector test is now the CIA director??? :\
If you were watching the show from season 1 you'd know given experience and seniority Saul was directly under Estes and next guy in charge. There's nothing surprising here. Plus he hasn't officially been named the CIA director. He's just the highest ranking officer left. The lady that showed up to greet was from another branch of federal law enforcement I think dod, fbi, or something like that and talked about helping.

Last edited:
You gotta remember that only a handful of people within the CIA knew the truth about Brody, which is why he could move around so freely/interact with high ranking officials etc.

did chris win his soccer game?

doesnt langley have CCTV?

no way a car gets that close to a federal buidling , i cant park my car that close to a county courthouse 

and for those of you that are asking why dave harewood (actor that play's vestes) signed a 5 years contract

"actors sign these kinds of deals all the time. all it means is that if Showtime wants to use Harewood any time in the next 5 years from the day he signs that contract, they have what's called "first rights". They don't have to use him, but if they decide to he's obligated to them, ie if David Harewood signed on for the new Twilight movie while Homeland was shooting he would be contractually obligated to Homeland's schedule. First rights deals can go so far as to say that an actor has to keep a certain appearance/build/hair style or be willing to change any of those things quickly, which is part of the reason you don't see high profile and highly successful actors acting outside of their highly successful shows very often (think Bryan Cranston, Michael C. Hall, James Gandolfini during the Sopranos, etc.)"

Last edited:
I wonder how Quinn feels now. Does he realize Brody was set up or is he mad and looking to kill him? I feel anyone who saw the confession tape should see Brody got set up.
Probably a stupid question, but was that Hebrew or Arabic that Sual was speaking at the end?

It's Hebrew.  He is saying a prayer that is sung in Temple over the dead.
Oh ok. I thought he was repeating the prayer the guy was saying for Abu Nazir. Thought it was a little connection with that but ah well.
Cuz he was deemed to no longer be a threat since he changed sides and was working for them, and was the main reason Abu Nazir is dead as Quinn said in the ep. There was no reason to be suspicious of him any longer. There was no chatter of another attack. All of the known ppl connected to Nazir's cell were dead or caught and even then the only person monitoring Brody was Quinn and that was just to kill him. He explained why he didn't and that was that.
He made a deal with the CIA. He was never publicly arrested. He was only secretly abducted so they can make him confess and supply them with info, then they made him a double agent. After that one ep he was monitored only when involving catching Nazir. The Op was done when Nazir died. Even when he was monitored he was able to lose them at times and he was always pretty free to do what he wanted.
-A guy who just attempted to bomb the VP is in the same room when the VP dies, at about the same time his lover is kidnapped by his terrorist mentor...and no one thinks that it is highly suspicious??
tired.gif
Given that they just thought they stopped an attack on US soil no. They didn't know Nazir captured her until she contacted them and let them know and by then when they were searching for her the VP dies. Brody being in the same room isn't suspicious at all since he didn't kill the VP, cause of death is pacemaker. All he did was not help in time. Plus he told Saul he was going to meet the VP and tell him he was stepping down.
Everybody there was cleared personnel. You forget that Brody managed to get a bomb vest in to a shelter consisting of the VP, the president's cabinet, and other CIA personnel? The only thing that should be questioned is when the C4 got in to his car. If it was after he parked it then yes, a group of ppl carrying C4 in to a guy's car and then moving it is suspect and a huge plothole but if it was in there the night before one person moving his car isn't that suspicious.
The president gonna president man. This show has made an effort to not even hint at who is the US president in this world. I found it more of a problem when the VP was in the war room when they went after Nazir in Beirut. I mean it was clear they were referencing the pics from Obama okaying the kill of Osama by Seal Team 6.

So who knows why he aint show up.
From what I'm beginning to understand that's not immediate especially when it's over. Estes was talking about them getting a media spot and being praised more than handling the bureaucratic wrapping up of this op. So official debriefing could've been days or a week away. I get the feeling it would've happened the same time Saul mentioned he would lobby for her to get a promotion.
-Carrie is still running around like she owns the place? Going into peoples offices, escaping Langley with a terrorist suspect during a terrorist attack????
That location was weird. I get the feeling she was gonna take Brody in to Estes office so they could bang but yes she's cleared to walk around in the building. Also it seems everyone in the CIA was out or at the memorial.
Nah, Quinn thinks what he said. Killing Brody, kills Carrie, a great CIA analyst and in the field agent, kills a man he has pity for who went through a lot (keep in mind the initial torture before being turned which he might see as brainwashing), who managed to find some love/peace with Carrie while making good on his word as a double agent.
Yes. I say yes based on the part of that one ep where Saul had him followed and then met his wife/baby mama. Quinn probably is a sucker for love.
The family has been the most annoying and dumb part of this show and honestly given how they make this show as real as it can it makes sense.
It wasn't a car bomb. It was the C4. They mention this later in the ep in scenes with Saul I think.
Well at least getting there safely. I too felt it was dumb to think he wouldn't be recognized but the plan was to get to international waters I believe. It probably really easy to sneak in Canada, they're not having the same amount of problems the US has with Mexico. Aint no fences
-Nazir is a supergenius and hatched the perfect plan???
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
mean.gif
Just a back up plan that's only possible if this other cell he had waiting actually succeeds. So not so much a super genius but keeping in line with him being smart. Just a really good contingency plan. Nobody expects an attack after you stop the first one and the leader dies.
If it was occupied I assumed whoever moved it would've just drove the car in to the building.
It's not anybody and it's not about claiming responsibility. Brody betrayed them but already sent them the last confession for the attack he *****ed out on. This was about adding insult to injury. This was always the plan. It's not just about killing high ranking Americans on American soil but the fact they got one of their own, a marine to do it for them. That was always the intent. Plus I'm sure they were expecting to kill Brody as well so he'd actually be a martyr. So it's not really framing, it's just making things go the way they were suppose to according to their original plans. Mind you this was 8 years in the making.
Maybe. Cause of death was the pacemaker. Who knows if the m.e. figures out there was foul play.
Given that it was Carrie that hinted to them leaving the memorial to bang, not Brody, the time they just spent in the cabin and what they talked about, after her initial knee jerk reaction I don't see why she or us the viewers wouldn't believe him.
-Carrie returning to the CIA after surviving a terrorist attack is cool, especially when she survived as a result of leaving a memorial with the prime terrorist suspect??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
mad.gif
She got id and the credentials to pass through. I'm assuming all security there is new. Also NOBODY saw her leave with Brody. As of right now with the confession and the media everybody thinks Brody is dead except for Saul and the person who handed him the list talking about more bodies need to be pulled out and Carrie is presumed dead.
-Apparently only 3 or 4 people work at the CIA, because a guy who was just on lock down for failing a lie detector test is now the CIA director???
ohwell.gif
If you were watching the show from season 1 you'd know given experience and seniority Saul was directly under Estes and next guy in charge. There's nothing surprising here. Plus he hasn't officially been named the CIA director. He's just the highest ranking officer left. The lady that showed up to greet was from another branch of federal law enforcement I think dod, fbi, or something like that and talked about helping.
-How do you know she even has i'd and credentials? Is she even CIA anymore, this really hasn't been explained...is she a free lancer? And just because you have clearance and credentials doesn't mean you can go anywhere on the CIA campus without impunity. Congressmen don't just get to walk around CIA buildings like it's nothing.

-It hasn't been explained whether or not Brody has/had recieved immunity for assisting in the investigation...real life does not work like that, terrorists don't just get immunity regardless of the level of assistance in an investigation (just ask the chick who offed herself with the wine glass).

-Your Quinn assement is B.S., it just doesn't jive with his character...'he wanted to save Carrie???"...B.S. The writers where just lazy on that one.

-If they move the car ...blah blah blah. The point is Abu Nazir planned for the memorial to take place at location that was near a parking lot.????

-C4 car bomb, same difference...C4 can be used for a car bomb

-Brody is the one who motioned to Carrie that they should leave the memorial...watch the episode again.

-So you're telling me everyone was at the memorial, even the security guards and other personnel. Are you aware of how high level langley is? It's a pretty big deal security wise...it ranks up there with the Pentagon, white house, and nsa. Security guards don't just get to stop 'secuting'  because some dude died, matter of fact they ramp up the security.

-This Brody Carrie lovestory is really being forced at this point, and I don't believe that Saul is not taking a harder stance on it,

-Stupid show man
mean.gif

Last edited:

no way a car gets that close to a federal buidling , i cant park my car that close to a county courthouse 

and for those of you that are asking why dave hareood (actor that play's vestes) signed a 5 years contract

"actors sign these kinds of deals all the time. all it means is that if Showtime wants to use Harewood any time in the next 5 years from the day he signs that contract, they have what's called "first rights". They don't have to use him, but if they decide to he's obligated to them, ie if David Harewood signed on for the new Twilight movie while Homeland was shooting he would be contractually obligated to Homeland's schedule. First rights deals can go so far as to say that an actor has to keep a certain appearance/build/hair style or be willing to change any of those things quickly, which is part of the reason you don't see high profile and highly successful actors acting outside of their highly successful shows very often (think Bryan Cranston, Michael C. Hall, James Gandolfini during the Sopranos, etc.)"
dudes don't understand this.

This show laughs at real world logistical problems, and people buy the nonsense. It started off on the right track but started going on the implausibility track after they let Brody survive past season 1.

Damn, Galves and Estes dead now. The explosion had me :wow: but seriously though how did his car get moved without anyone trying to stop it :lol:

and for those of you that are asking why dave harewood (actor that play's vestes) signed a 5 years contract

roll.gif

I don't know if its about not buying the logistical improbabilities/impossibilities as you may see them...

I wish it was a little more tied down too but there's only so far you can go with the premiss they based the show on.

Just watched Season 1 Episode 1 and I am hooked.....ima get through the first season by tomorrow 
smokin.gif

love cia **** 

Just started the series sunday night, bouta finish season 1 haha. Addicted man.

I'm a lil nervous because all I've heard was that season 2 wasn't nearly as well written as season 1...which is expected but who knows.

Wow some of you guys are arguing points comparing a TV show to what you think would happen in real life. It's a TV show. Its fiction. It's mind candy. Maybe the season finale was called The Choice so you guys can make a choice not to watch the show so you can stop your complaining. :lol:

I actually enjoyed watching the writers paint themselves into corners this season & then watch them create ways to get themselves out of them. Yes, a lot of stuff was unbelievable but some of my fellow NTers have been playing too much Call Of Duty expecting everything to be completely realistic. :lol:

I'm glad Estes got it. I wanted Saul to smack the ish out of him when he told Saul he let him him go because he "decided" Saul was right. Very surprised about Quinn.

I think we'll see some things reconcile next season. My favorite character is Saul by a looong shot. That dude is the Qui-Gon Jinn of Homeland. I think while investigating Brody, Saul will get his phone records & see the calls/text messages, specifically the Veep's ticker info...I also think Saul will begin to see Carrie's involvement to all the things that happened the tail end of season 2. I imagine Brody will be on the run like The Fugitive. Does anyone else see the Veep (Walden) parallels George H. W. Bush?

I'm looking forward to watching next season.

Here's some info from a site called Seriable about Season 3 -

http://seriable.com/homeland-how-different-will-season-3-look/

HOMELAND: How Different Will Season 3 Look?
by ROCO on DECEMBER 18, 2012

Some more bits and pieces have emerged from the rubble of Homeland‘s Season 2 finale. If you missed the earlier comments from the producers, you can find them here, here and here, then read on for more Season 3 teases as to how different the third season will look.
In discussing the possible narrative direction for Season 3, Alex Gansa says they are wary of repeating the same storylines, so Carrie’s focus will likely shift to a new case:

“Inevitably that’s going to happen. If you look at these two seasons, the Carrie and Brody story, we’ve told a significant part of that story …. There is a point where we’ll fall back on the franchise — Carrie and Saul trying to keep the world safe.”
“The Carrie-Brody [relationship], we began to feel we were repeating ourselves slightly [in season two], so unless we can establish a different dynamic between these two characters, we don’t want to tell the same story again … if there’s a chapter three it needs to be a reinvention of some kind.”

Could Saul go up against the mysterious Dar Adul (F. Murray Abraham‘s contract is being negotiated) in Season 3? Seems possible:

“The intelligence community is decimated by this attack and how is the agency going to move forward? And one way it might move forward is to call recently retired intelligence officers to come back and rebuild the [agency]. And Dar Adul may be one of those people who are called back into the fold and that would immediately bring him into conflict with Saul.”

I don't know if some of you guys are like me. I appreciate seeing interviews of people involved in the shows I watch. Here's some of Mandy Patinkin...One of them was amusing to see because of how excited he gets at one of the hosts having to leave because his wife is getting ready to give birth.

Back
Top Bottom