Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

have fun at the 12th spot in the west
I hope you really dont believe that.

lakers goin make the playoffs, granted as a 7 or 8 seed, but still 
laugh.gif

Once again, have fun in the 12th spot. Sure, only 1 team can win a championship, but don't cling on to that card since your team is looking like they'll be buried next year and won't even sniff a title.

Last edited:
All my views on Dwight aside. That move has the potential to be a very solid signing and at least for the first season it should look like the move of the summer.

However a tiger usually doesn't change his stripes and with how he handled things with his past two teams I'd be skeptical long term and I would've said that if he resigned with the lakers as well due to his personality. He's one of the best players in the league though.

No hate or trying troll your season thread. Just saying how I feel. I'd be happy right now if I were a rockets fan but at the same time id be slightly skeptical long term come years 3 and 4 in that contract off of his past track record.

gonna be fun watching harden x dwight.

Let me ask you rockets fans, does acquiring dwight make you guys title contenders do you think?

Let me ask you rockets fans, does acquiring dwight make you guys title contenders do you think?
Not immediately. There's still important needs on the roster. Team chemistry is HUGE too when you're trying to compete for a chip, but I love the direction we're going in, getting Harden then getting Dwight Howard is just the beginning.

few more pieces are needed.. A 6th man that can put up some firepower, a backup center (assuming asik gets traded) and a solid 4 to balance out the starting lineup.. I would really love LMA on this roster. That midrange is all day 
pimp.gif

If he can be a poor man's Josh Smith, then I wouldn't mind keeping Asik. I can't believe Asik wantsto be traded. Having him and Dwight makes us bigger than Memphis

If he can be a poor man's Josh Smith, then I wouldn't mind keeping Asik. I can't believe Asik wantsto be traded. Having him and Dwight makes us bigger than Memphis

Nah, he has a better jumpshot, showed a little bit of it last year extending out to the 3pt line, but man, he's a man amongst boys playing against the summer league and D-League competition. If he can stay more consistant, and with his motor and style of play, he'll look excellent next to Dwight.

The combo of D-Mo/Jones/Asik/Howard :smokin

Man I hope Asik can come to terms with backing up Dwight. As good as he was as a starter, he would be that much better with the bench going up against other benches.

I'd also rather Lin become a 15/8 guy than get traded, cause Parsons would be so hurt :lol:

Back
Top Bottom