Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Nice set up
pimp.gif

[h1]HTC Kaiser used as Bluetooth Gamepad for HD2 & FPSEce[/h1]
File under: News

By: CJ Lippstreu | Date: 18-Feb-10 | 2 Comments

scilorkb.jpg

SciLor, from XDA-developers, is working on an interesting tool that allows users to control one Windows Mobile device with another through Bluetooth. This could prove useful in handling one device as a wireless gamepad when playing games through an emulator on the other device. If you happen to have a device without a D-pad or hardware keyboard, then you might have discovered the limitations that come with that type of form factor. A separate Bluetooth gamepad can be purchased, but this could be a great alternative for those with spare devices.

SciLor demonstrates his WinMoBlue project below using an HTC HD2, HTC Kaiser and a PlayStation emulator. At the moment, it appears that it's only useful as a gamepad for FPSEce, Morphgear and other emulators. It doesn't function correctly as a regular keyboard, but perhaps that may be supported in the future. It certainly could come in handy for typing lengthy documents. WinMoBlue is still early in development, but a test version is already available. Learn more from XDA-developers.

[h1] http://www.youtube.com/v/NgnJBeBuWv8?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/NgnJBeBuWv8?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata
[/h1]

Thanks for sharing So4i5.

I was this || close to buying a new phone today, but chose to hold off. Android seems like the OS I'd go to even though I prefer the iPhone's hardware (I haven't tried out the Nexus One) and webOS's OS.

I like using Mobile Shell on my TP2, but I hate losing out on the text, e-mail, and calendar tabs. Android seems like it would give me the best of both worlds.

Do you have much lag switching from program to program? Screen to screen? Restarting?

[h1]App: Google Shopper for Android Does Voice & Visual Searches[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 19-Feb-10 | 0 Comments

voice-search.jpg

Google recently released Google Shopper, which is a free Android app for Android Market, that does voice and visual search. You scan scan barcodes and product pictures or perform a search by voice to get back detailed listings of prices, product reviews, and specs.

detailed-info.jpg

barcode.jpg

If all of this sounds familiar, it should. There is already another Google-made app for the Android Market by the name of Google Goggles, which will come preloaded in most, if not all, Andorid 2.1 handsets . Google Goggles, I believe, does not include the voice search feature, but performs the visual search promised by Shopper.

scan.jpg

To download shopper, either scan the QR code at the bottom or do a search for "Shopper" in Android Market.

shopperQR.png

[h1]Windows Phone 7 Series Smartphones Priced Higher than Android?[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 19-Feb-10 | 0 Comments

winpho.jpg

Microsoft recently stated that it will be charging for the operating system behind Windows Phone 7 Series, which could make smartphones running the Microsoft OS priced slightly more expensive than their Android counterparts running hardware with similar specs due to the added licensing cost--Google provides Android as a free, open-source OS for manufacturers.

According to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer:

"I think there's something clean and simple and easy to understand about our model. We build something, we sell that thing ... I think it's not only in our best interests, but it's a simple model that's easy for developers, handset manufacturers, and our operator partners to deal with, to understand, and to build from."

While licensing costs aren't yet disclosed, Strategic Analytics is estimating that such costs would be around $8 to $15 per handset for manufacturers, like HTC and LG, both of which have committed to Windows Phone 7 Series among others. This cost would either have to be absorbed by manufacturers and/or carriers or will be passed onto consumers, the latter will result in a pricing differential between a Windows Phone and an Android phone running on similar hardware.

[h1]Facebook 1.2 Released for Windows Mobile Professional[/h1]

By: CJ Lippstreu | Date: 20-Feb-10 | 33 Comments

facebook12up.Jpeg

We noticed (thanks, @adamzea) that Microsoft has finally pushed out the Windows Mobile Professional version of the 1.2 update for their Facebook app. If you recall, this update was first released for Windows Mobile Standard and added features that allowed users to comment, view comments, and “like

Originally Posted by SwagBoss

Does the new Facebook come with IM?

Not sure, I know a lot of ROMs have the fim.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Windows Phone 7 Series getting one chassis spec at launch, two more in the pipe?[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Feb 23rd 2010 3:32PM

If we had it boil it down, the singular image burned in our brains of Windows Phone 7 Series so far is that of a large, nondescript slate -- the so-called "dogfood" device being passed around internally for the platform's development -- and although Microsoft isn't talking specs at this point, it's widely believed that this phone roughly represents the Chassis 1 spec that Redmond is passing around to hardware partners. Is this the only way you'll be able to get your WinPho 7 served to you, though? We might yet be months away from an official answer, but a pair of Microsoft developer evangelists on an Australian podcast are saying that Chassis 1 (full touchscreen, gigahertz processor, and dedicated graphics acceleration) will be the sole option at launch, with Chassis 2 and 3 following on after that. 2 is said to be "more like a Palm Treo" with a dedicated QWERTY keyboard, while 3 remains a mystery, though there's some speculation on the podcast that it could be a candybar -- a form factor that's becoming something of a lost art these days, particularly among smartphones. The speakers note that there's a lot of value in offering some form factor variety -- not everyone wants a keyboardless slate, after all -- so the real question might be how quickly after initial launch we'll see some of these other chassis filter down to retail.

post_label_VIA.gif
the::unwired, All About Microsoft
post_label_source.gif
FranklySpeaking

Rumor:

[h1][/h1]
[h1]AT&T to Get HTC Desire; Sprint Brings HTC Legend as Hero2 to USA [/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 24-Feb-10 | 0 Comments

htc.jpg

It looks like that one of the 5 Android phones for AT&T will be none other than the HTC Desire, which is essentially a Google Nexus One with Sense UI. AT&T may make some minor cosmetic changes to the Desire as part of the carrier's customizations, but the handset should remain intact and as close to its European variant as possible. Google may still bring a variant of the Nexus One that is compatible with AT&T's 3G mobile data network, but those wanting Sense UI and the carrier experience will be happy to know that a tipster of BGR told the blog that the Desire will be making its way across the Atlantic.

Another handset that's crossing the big, blue sea is the HTC Legend, essentially an upgrade for the original HTC Hero. That handset will be getting a CDMA radio and may be branded as the Hero2 for Sprint. With regards to the original Hero, the trans-Atlantic migration to Sprint meant that the original Hero lost its chin and gained a more fashionably chic look. It's unclear if HTC and Sprint will be unibody aluminum look, but we hope so as that look is getting more popular in the smartphone space these days. If in fact Sprint does adopt the Legend as the Hero2, we're wondering now if Verizon Wireless may see fit for a Droid Eris2 update?

(via: BGR

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/02/23/att-picking-up-htc-desire-sprint-grabbing-htc-hero2/

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by SwagBoss

Does the new Facebook come with IM?

Not sure, I know a lot of ROMs have the fim.

[h4][/h4]
Yea, and if not, Palringo has Facebook IM on it. Only thing is u don't have convo tabs saved, once u exit out u lost eh whole convo. I don't know if the premium versions changes that or not but eh, it's coo enough whenever fim doesn't work. I'm still waitin to see to see the verdict on the HD2 price

Originally Posted by So4i5

i only use 5 screens. but this my setup so far.
Yo what phone are you using? and what widgets or apps are you using, to get 5 screens and to use the like contact pics to either call or txt a person directly I been killing myself trying to figure this out for like a week

Originally Posted by datruth92803

Originally Posted by So4i5

i only use 5 screens. but this my setup so far.
Yo what phone are you using? and what widgets or apps are you using, to get 5 screens and to use the like contact pics to either call or txt a person directly I been killing myself trying to figure this out for like a week
He's using the Hero.

that bastard. lol Mastamind do you know what apps he is using for those widgets Im trying to get right with my Mytouch but Idk I just cant make it do what it do lol

[h1]HTC Desire: HD Video Encoding, DivX Playback[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 26-Feb-10 | 2 Comments

htcdesire.jpg

According to MobileTechWorld, which talked to HTC, the Android HTC Desire will be getting a software package that will enable DivX playback. MobileTechWorld also believes, from HTC's insinuations, that HD video encoding at 720p will also be supported via the same software update package.

Those features did not have time to be finalized for the handset's launch.

(via: MobileTechWorld)

Originally Posted by datruth92803

that bastard. lol Mastamind do you know what apps he is using for those widgets Im trying to get right with my Mytouch but Idk I just cant make it do what it do lol

Sorry, I'm really not sure. But the Hero comes with the Sense UI. You can try rooting it if you havent already.

[h1]Max Sense UI Previewed a Third Time with New features[/h1]

By: CJ Lippstreu | Date: 28-Feb-10 | 0 Comments

maxsense30.jpeg

Many WinMo users are curious to see how Max Sense, a new UI currently in development at XDA, will look when it’s finally completed. It’s essentially a reworked Sense 2.5 with Android inspirations and traces of Max Manila. If you missed our previous posts on it, check out the first and second previews.

Today, Maxycy, the developer, has uploaded a new video to show more features and its progress. The groundwork is starting to come together and you can clearly see some of the customizations that will be available. The clock, notification bars and shortcuts can all be rearranged, which is great to see. It’s also cool to see Co0kiemonster’s 75 quick links mod thrown into the mix. Watch the clip below to see it in action and remember it’s still early in development.

(via: XDA-developers)

Back
Top Bottom