Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

[h1]http://www.wmexperts.com/us-t-mobile-hd2-feature-swype[/h1]
[h1]U.S. T-Mobile HD2 to feature Swype[/h1]
14 comments »

Posted on Saturday, Feb 6, 2010by Malatesta

Filed Under: News, Rumors;Tags:USA, t-mobile, swype, leo, htc, hd2

new_swype.jpg
Looks like that T-Mobile HD2 (US version, slated for March 24th) just keeps getting better and better.

Not only does it come with a memory boost (or rather, has memory allocated differently) which seems to shape it up for a Seven upgrade in October (that's what we're hearing too), but it looks to also feature Swype.

To refresh, Swype is that new soft-keyboard that first appeared on the Verizon Omnia II. It was then quickly ripped and ported to other devices (to the chagrin of the developers), due to its overwhelming popularity. The company has also recently secured a nice source of funding, meaning we can expect more form them in the future.

Fast forward to today and we find the latest T-Mo HD2 ROM dump features a unique file: 

PACKAGE_LEO_1_5_IME_Swype

And to the right you'll see a screenshot of that very file in action. We're also told that this new build is "...slightly more accurate and looks much more polished than the original". What can we say other than we approve of this addition greatly? Nice move HTC and T-Mobile!

[h1]http://www.wmexperts.com/fcc-passes-htc-p81120[/h1]
[h1]FCC passes the HTC P81120[/h1]
3 comments »

Posted on Friday, Feb 5, 2010by George Ponder

Filed Under: News;Tags:htc, fcc

The FCC has passed a new HTC phone that supports AWS 3G bands. The phone is identified as the HTC PB81120 and it is unknown if this is a Windows Mobile or Android phone. The FCC Test Report refers to the equipment as a Pocket PC Phone which makes many lean towards this being another Windows phone.

Could this be the HTC Trophy? Or could it be the HTC Bravo, an Android phone?  The FCC Test Report doesn't give us much to go with asides from the frequency performances so at this point, it's anybodies guess what the HTC PB81120 is.

[h2]Give your SMS screen a new look[/h2]
February 8th, 2010 | Author: Wen(WM)

If you are like me, you do not appreciate the classic look of the Windows Mobile SMS page, well this might give you a little more appreciation for it. The new design changes the skin, background and that is about it but here is what the developer had to say:
This is your fashion captain speaking
tongue.gif

This particular thread by yxyn proved very promising with regard to the old ugly standard Windows Mobile threaded SMS window.
So, I decided to dig a bit deeper and take it to the next level. After my initial proof-of-concept, the many questions received, and the subsequent improvement of the concept, time has come to release my skin to the public.
What does it do?
It modifies certain files with regard to the standard SMS chat window, enhancing its looks.
Why? Is it necessary?
Yeah, duh! See the repulsive centre image above!
What enhancements does it bring?
First of all, and most notably, it adds a top bar with the receiver’s contact picture and his or her name, which remains on top while scrolling through the messages. Secondly, a bunch of images and a different colour scheme give it a new look. Currently, I have two flavours: a Manila / Sense mimicked skin and a Windows 7 inspired one. It works both in landscape and portrait mode.
Any requirements?
Yes sir! Because threading is only supported in WM 6.1 versions and higher, it is only available for 6.1, 6.5 and 6.5.x roms. Use the right version for your device, else it will probably mess up your device.

Via:XDA
Get it:XDA

[h4][/h4]
[h4]HTC Scorpion with 1.5GHz Snapdragon, WiMAX tipped in build file of dubious provenance[/h4]
By Joseph L. Flatley posted Feb 9th 2010 8:51PM

Sure, this next item might be a little bit of a stretch, but why the hell not: according to MobileCrunch, there's a build file from an-as-yet unknown device called the HTC Scorpion making the rounds. If the tea leaves are being read correctly (and, more to the point, if they're real tea leaves and not some sort of bogus tea leaf substitute) we're looking at a 1.5GHz Snapdragon device with WiMAX support, which means it could potentially be HTC's long-rumored Android smartbook, or at least a spiritual successor to the Shift. We're also told that the mysterious device is codenamed Olympian, and that it could sport a new version of Android (build ID FRE65C -- being billed as Android 2.2). Since you're adults, and we feel that we can trust you, we're placing the alleged file after the break, so you can make up your own mind -- handset, smartbook, or nothing at all? Just remember, it was a leaked HTC that broke the news of Android 2.1's existence.

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=FRE65C
ro.build.display.id=htc_scorpion-userdebug 2.2 FRE65C eng.xxxxx.20100206 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=26741
ro.build.version.sdk=8
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.2
ro.build.date=Sat Feb 6 13:42:06 CST 2010
ro.build.date.utc=1264645720
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=u40000
ro.build.host=builder00101
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=HTC Olympian
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=htc_scorpion
ro.product.device=scorpion
ro.product.board=cortex1.5ghz
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-va8c
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
ro.product.locale.language=mdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.board.platform=qsd8672
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=scorpion
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=1.47.3.2 CL2***** test-keys
ro.build.changelist=2*****
ro.build.modelid=DF4732***
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/htc_scorpion/scorpion/scorpion:2.2/FRE65C/26741:userdebug/test-keys
keyguard.no_require_sim=1
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for scorpion
#
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
#
ro.home.ui.defualt.=0
ro.home.ui.media.scorpion.=1
ro.home.ui.sense.=0
ro.home.ui.define.=0
#
#
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
wimax.interface = tiwlan0
# Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
# This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
# but none are in range.
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=FRE65C
ro.build.display.id=htc_scorpion-userdebug 2.2 FRE65C eng.xxxxx.20100206 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=26741
ro.build.version.sdk=8
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.2
ro.build.date=Sat Feb 6 13:42:06 CST 2010
ro.build.date.utc=1264645720
ro.build.type=userdebug
ro.build.user=u40000
ro.build.host=builder00101
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=HTC Olympian
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=htc_scorpion
ro.product.device=scorpion
ro.product.board=cortex1.5ghz
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-va8c
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
ro.product.locale.language=mdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.board.platform=qsd8672
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=scorpion
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=1.47.3.2 CL2***** test-keys
ro.build.changelist=2*****
ro.build.modelid=DF4732***
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/htc_scorpion/scorpion/scorpion:2.2/FRE65C/26741:userdebug/test-keys
keyguard.no_require_sim=1
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for scorpion
#
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
#
ro.home.ui.defualt.=0
ro.home.ui.media.scorpion.=1
ro.home.ui.sense.=0
ro.home.ui.define.=0
#
#
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
wimax.interface = tiwlan0
# Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
# This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
# but none are in range

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Google Maps 4.0 for Windows Mobile Supports Buzz[/h1]
File under: News

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 9-Feb-10 | 4 Comments

Buzz2.gif

Google Maps for Windows Mobile has just reached version 4.0, and with it comes Google Buzz. While Google Maps already has "Latitude" which will allow you to see and share your location with friends, the Buzz layer allows you to see the locations of everybody using Buzz along with thier location-aware little messages. You can also make comments on other people's Buzz messages.

To download Google Maps 4.0, visit: m.google.com/maps

[h1][/h1]
[h1]How to Get an HTC HD2 with 3G on AT&T[/h1]

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 9-Feb-10 | 12 Comments

telstra.jpg

It won't be cheap, but you can buy an HTC HD2 with proper bands for 3G on AT&T. It comes in the form of the unlocked Telstra HD2 T9193, which has the UMTS 850 band (one of the bands needed to get 3G on AT&T). Currently there are two listings on eBay for the T9193, both of which are around $900. See here for listing one, and here for listing two. If you decide to liquidate your savings to pick one up, come back and tell us how it works!

[h4]HTC Legend makes an encore appearance, this time with specs[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Feb 9th 2010 6:28PM

htc-legend-itw-3-2.jpg

The race is on to see how many angles of HTC's upcoming Legend can be snapped before the phone's official debut, so here's our next submission. As you can see, the hard-edged aluminum theme continues to wrap its way around the side with a touch of black plastic along the bottom, presumably to give the antenna some room to breathe. We've got a list of specs this time, too, most of which match up with what we've already heard:
  • 3.2-inch HVGA AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
  • 600MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor (the same class of core used by the Pixi and Devour)
  • 5 megapixel camera with LED flash
  • Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
  • WiFi
  • Quadband GSM / EDGE plus dualband HSPA
  • Magnetic compass
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • 1300mAh battery
It's no Nexus One or Bravo, but that's the beauty of the way HTC's love affair with Android is turning out -- there's a little something for everyone.

It's amazing how much of this thread is over my head
laugh.gif
. I need to google what WiMax & Snapdragon are.

Anyone looked into dual booting Android and Windows Mobile? It's still in beta for some phones, but I can't wait for the developers at XDA to clear up some more bugs so I can get my TP to dual boot ...

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

laugh.gif

Sprint is getting that phone so far

oh, so its a phone? geez.

I'm just getting acclimated to my Hero & I'm in love. I still have my full Sprint Upgrade available too.

laugh.gif
WiMax is a type of mobile broadband cpnnection. One step above 3G
Snapdragon is a codename for a particular type of processor made by Qualcomm with a cpu speed of 1Ghz, think of it like you would Intel Pentium in your desktop or laptop.

That Aussie HD2 won't work with ATT 3G because it only has one of the 3G bands and you need both for it to be compatible.

THIS HD2.... comin to tmobile....

glad its confirmed but...

are they gonna jack up the data plans like how they do for the iphone?

i wouldnt be suprised if they made folks get the unlimited everything plan... then tacked on an extra $20... smh...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]HTC Windows Phone a Triple Threat: Windows Mobile, Android, and BlackBerry OSes[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 10-Feb-10 | 2 Comments

BBConnectScreen.jpg

The power of Windows Mobile and the sheer community brain power behind XDA-Developers have led to some amazing, powerful, and unique developments and hackery in the Windows Mobile and HTC landscape. The latest trick out your phone hackery will allow uber-geeks to run three operating systems on their phones! I don't think any other OS/software platform can make good use of some powerful hardware that HTC has blessed us with. First, we have the dual-boot solution that allows users to choose to load either Android or Windows Mobile onto their hardware. The latest hack comes via a software patch and will allow Windows Mobile users to run the BlackBerry Application Suite--similar to virtualization technology that allows Windows phones to run the BlackBerry OS in an app--and this is different than the BlackBerry Connect solutions since it is more of a full-fledged BlackBerry OS rather than just running the email protocols for BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Running both the hacks gives you three OSes to choose from: Windows Mobile, Android, and BlackBerry.

The hack debuted and was first featured over at Mobility Digest and was highlighted in our Smartphone Weekly Round-Up for last week's hot topics. Research in Motion had announced that they were working on the BlackBerry Application Suite some time ago for Windows Mobile, but news of that development was elusive since the announcement. Thankfully, someone over at XDA-Developers was able to obtain the file and create some instructions on getting it to register if you have a BES plan provisioned to your account and a BES email; the app was able to generate a BlackBerry PIN for BlackBerry Messaging (BBM) and PIN messaging. According to Mobility Digest, the keyboard and touchscreen works on the Touch Pro2, though you do have to double-tap to launch things if you're using the touch method.

BBSettings.jpg

The solution is posted over at XDA-Developers; unfortunately, however, at this time the download link to get the appropriate CAB installer file is dead. Hopefully, if you're interested in running the extensibility and power of Windows Mobile and want to get your BES BlackBerry push email, someone else can re-upload the files at another server.

[h1]Video: eBook Tab of Sense UI from T-Mobile HD2![/h1]

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 10-Feb-10 | 15 Comments

reader.jpg

We're expecting a lot of cool new stuff in the upcoming T-Mobile HTC HD2. Chief among them are the Documents tab and now the new Reader tab, which we show off in this video thanks to a ROM from XDA. The Reader tab integrates with Borders book store (though currently, you're not able to log on) so that you can download eBooks right to your device. The reading experience is actually quite nice. You can adjust text size with multitouch, and changing pages is as easy as swiping left or right. Also new to this ROM is the use of Swype for text entry, which we previously demonstrated.

I want the HD2 for Tmo.......but i absolutely DREAD having to use Windows mobile.

Im too used to all the apps and things that are available for it........Dont think i can give those up.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I want the HD2 for Tmo.......but i absolutely DREAD having to use Windows mobile.

Im too used to all the apps and things that are available for it........Dont think i can give those up.

What apps do you use/need?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

laugh.gif
WiMax is a type of mobile broadband cpnnection. One step above 3G
Snapdragon is a codename for a particular type of processor made by Qualcomm with a cpu speed of 1Ghz, think of it like you would Intel Pentium in your desktop or laptop.
thanks for clearing that up, brote.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

The main one is the personal assistant that lets me access my bank accounts and credit card accounts all in one app.

Iheartradio........GOOGLE VOICE..........google maps/navigation is also useful. ebay...paypal...craigslist apps for when i sell things online.

I use a few other apps sparingly, but they would be nice to have.  I also like the fact that everything is connected to my gmail account, which i use for everything.

[h1]T-Mobile USA Outs HTC HD2--Announcement to Come Next Week[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 12-Feb-10 | 0 Comments

tmo.png

In a Twitter post, T-Mobile teases about the HTC HD2 stating that something will be announced next week. The company asks "Think you know of the HTC HD2? Guess again..." Next week's announcement would coincide with Mobile World Congress, and we're guessing that the announcement will happen there.

[h1]http://www.wmexperts.com/opera-mobile-10-beta-3-adds-flash-lite-31[/h1]
[h1]Opera Mobile 10 (Beta 3) adds Flash Lite 3.1[/h1]
1 comment »

Posted on Friday, Feb 12, 2010by Malatesta

Filed Under: News;Tags:web, opera mobile 10, opera, mobile, flash lite, flash, browser, beta 3

OperaMobile10.jpg
It has been quite a few weeks since Opera graced us with a new beta of Opera Mobile 10 and we've been wondering just what have they been up to in the mean time.

The answer is they've been busy adding Flash Lite support to the browser in addition to improving speed by 50% (according to them).  Not bad, not bad. Then again, they were rumored to be adding Flash lite one year ago.

To refresh, Flash Lite is what Mobile Internet Explorer has been using for at least a year already (Microsoft really doesn't get enough credit for that fact). It's not full Flash, but it will allow you to watch YouTube and some other embedded videos within the browser, which is a start. In fact, due to the aging OS and standard hardware, doing full Flash would really drag the device down.

Other fixes/changes include:
  • keypad/smartphone support
  • Flash Lite 3.1 support (disabled by default)
  • Complete bookmark sync in Opera Link
  • BIDI support also for language extensions
  • phone numbers in plain text are converted to links
  • support for background sound
  • general bug fixing (stability, UI)
That's right Standard users, you finally get keypad support!  Looks like Opera didn't forget you exist.  To turn on Flash Lite, since it is off by default, go to Tools --> Settings --> Advanced and set Plug-ins to “On

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

The main one is the personal assistant that lets me access my bank accounts and credit card accounts all in one app.

Iheartradio........GOOGLE VOICE..........google maps/navigation is also useful. ebay...paypal...craigslist apps for when i sell things online.

I use a few other apps sparingly, but they would be nice to have.  I also like the fact that everything is connected to my gmail account, which i use for everything.

True, WM isn't exactly there yet with all those apps but there is a personal assistant app, I'm sure with WM7 it will be, but that's about 8months away. I'm not sure if the android has apps that will be helpful for selling things online.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]We've Arrived in Barcelona![/h1]

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 13-Feb-10 | 3 Comments

mwc3.jpg

Our representation has arrived in Barcelona for Mobile World Congress 2010! Here's a few pictures of what we're seeing. Hint: no much, so far, except for a few multi-colored Windows Phone logos.

mwc1.jpg

mwc2.jpg

mwc4.jpg

mwc5.jpg

mwc6.jpg

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Windows Mobile 7 Gets a Name: Windows Phone 7 Series[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 13-Feb-10 | 2 Comments

7series.jpg

It looks like Microsoft's attempt to cover up the naming scheme for Windows Mobile 7 prior to the unveiling at Mobile World Congress has been futile. The banner was caught, with some translucent covering, that reveals the name Windows Phone 7 Series.

i wanna pull the trigger on google voice... but i'm just scared that it aint gonna be what i think...

is the HD2 really all that good...?

i want to trade in my instinct (iphone killer fail) for something good

Back
Top Bottom