OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

its funny how all yall talking about hypebeast when all yall ****** do is sit on here and talk about shoes yall not sneaker heads man

Peep the beeper, Lonnie do the street procedure
Legendary for how my brother heat the beaker

Last edited:
my favorite picture has to be the on of tubby in the bred 1's and leather pants, with the simp pose. Anti. Up! :lol: :lol:

^ i love how dude up there used his first post to try get into drama. he signed up just for the sole purpose of posting in this thread :lol:

Which one of the pics is you?

and I'm with BIP, definitely dont wanna be associated with that term- just seems lame to me (just personal opinion)

"Sneakerhead" just implies so that so much is premeditated, ya know. A huge collection of sneakers shouldn't be some goal you aspire to, it should be the organic byproduct of a passion. I love sneakers - fell in love with them in the late 80s, so I wound up with hundreds of pairs. That's why I always talk about the culture - the map isn't the territory, as Korybski observed long ago.

Here's something I wrote on the subject 5 years ago -- funny how the new generation looks back at the time I wrote this as the good ole days, when most of us had already pronounced the hobby co-opted and dead already!

http://metaphorical.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/sneaker-collecting-is-dead/

great read. don't think too many people will know what a nehru jacket is or the context in which it was used though!

hypebeast granny 
smokin.gif

"Sneakerhead" just implies so that so much is premeditated, ya know. A huge collection of sneakers shouldn't be some goal you aspire to, it should be the organic byproduct of a passion. I love sneakers - fell in love with them in the late 80s, so I wound up with hundreds of pairs. That's why I always talk about the culture - the map isn't the territory, as Korybski observed long ago.

Here's something I wrote on the subject 5 years ago -- funny how the new generation looks back at the time I wrote this as the good ole days, when most of us had already pronounced the hobby co-opted and dead already!

http://metaphorical.wordpress.com/2008/03/09/sneaker-collecting-is-dead/
Great article, not to get to far off subject; I feel this way about hip hop on a mainstream level.  I thought mainstream hip hop was terrible in the early 00s and could get no worst, boy was I wrong.  It's a complete joke these days, same with most enthusiast in the sneaker world; I don't think most could have imagined there being a time where it would require 1 to enter a raffle to "win" a chance to purchase a shoe. It's a total turn off imo, if I can't just walk in a store on my own time and look/inspect a shoe; I don't want it.  I feel like Twitter was the final straw with destroying what was once a enjoyable hobby for some.

thats
Which one of the pics is you?

and I'm with BIP, definitely dont wanna be associated with that term- seems lame to me (just personal opinion)[/ that's ASAP and space ghost purp in the pic . but I think the term is dumb both hypebeast and sneaker head . you can't wear anything with out some one talking **** and that's what half the people on here do that **** is just sad

Back
Top Bottom