OFFICIAL INSANITY THREAD: Week By Week Workout Results

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

thinking about getting into this what place sells it cheap?

Craigslist! You'd be surprise how many people get this as gifts but don't bother opening up the box.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by chris82790

Been thinking about doing this. I'm 5'9 165 pounds and pretty slim. I've always worked out occasionally then stopped cause I don't have that much knowledge on what exercises to do that will help me build muscle so I end up lagging and stop. Will this workout help build some muscle at least?

Most likely not, atleast not the way I assume what you're looking for... you wanna bulk up alittle huh? Insanity is a HIIT program that increases your stamina, reduces your body fat! Building muscle isn't really what it's targeted for, I think you're better off with P90X.
I cosign this

p90x is better for building muscle

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by chris82790

Been thinking about doing this. I'm 5'9 165 pounds and pretty slim. I've always worked out occasionally then stopped cause I don't have that much knowledge on what exercises to do that will help me build muscle so I end up lagging and stop. Will this workout help build some muscle at least?

Most likely not, atleast not the way I assume what you're looking for... you wanna bulk up alittle huh? Insanity is a HIIT program that increases your stamina, reduces your body fat! Building muscle isn't really what it's targeted for, I think you're better off with P90X.
I cosign this

p90x is better for building muscle

First day (test day). Thanks to onewearz, I'm able to give this a shot.

Just looking to boost my cardio to complement my strength workouts in the gym. Overall goal is just to get more toned and with my gym workouts I think I'll definitely get there.

Test day was short, but it felt good to get a taste. I can already tell pushing myself with these workouts is gonna wear me out. That's good though.

First day (test day). Thanks to onewearz, I'm able to give this a shot.

Just looking to boost my cardio to complement my strength workouts in the gym. Overall goal is just to get more toned and with my gym workouts I think I'll definitely get there.

Test day was short, but it felt good to get a taste. I can already tell pushing myself with these workouts is gonna wear me out. That's good though.

Here are my %100 honest numbers from my fitness test on Insanity. 6'6 245 lbs. I keep my results in an excel spreadsheet.

[table][tr][td]Switch Kicks[/td] [td]138[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Power Jacks[/td] [td]75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Power Knees[/td] [td]128[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Power Jumps[/td] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Globe Jumps[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Suicide Jumps[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Push-Up Jacks[/td] [td]37[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Low Plank Oblique[/td] [td]77[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Totals[/td] [td]556[/td] [/tr][/table]

Here are my %100 honest numbers from my fitness test on Insanity. 6'6 245 lbs. I keep my results in an excel spreadsheet.

[table][tr][td]Switch Kicks[/td] [td]138[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Power Jacks[/td] [td]75[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Power Knees[/td] [td]128[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Power Jumps[/td] [td]70[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Globe Jumps[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Suicide Jumps[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Push-Up Jacks[/td] [td]37[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Low Plank Oblique[/td] [td]77[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Totals[/td] [td]556[/td] [/tr][/table]

Dude was right though how looking in shape and being in shape is two different things. This is a test of your cardiovascular endurance. You could be the type that lifts weights and all sculpted and totally bomb in cardiovascular exercises. Cosmetics though appealing is overrated. But by combining cardi with resistance training you are uncovering your true physical potential.

Dude was right though how looking in shape and being in shape is two different things. This is a test of your cardiovascular endurance. You could be the type that lifts weights and all sculpted and totally bomb in cardiovascular exercises. Cosmetics though appealing is overrated. But by combining cardi with resistance training you are uncovering your true physical potential.

I'm starting today again or the 5th time. Does anyone have any tips?

Every other time I start I make it halway, take a "water break" sit down, never get back up
happy.gif
?LOL

Every other time I start I make it halway, take a "water break" sit down, never get back up
happy.gif
?LOL

well, just realize that when you get to "recovery week" get ready to make up for the off week with phase two
pretty fun, i cant hang the entire, but really no one can go to MF if they really are maxing for an hour...everyone on the dvd is taking breaks so just because you do, just take the 10 sec and get back in it

well, just realize that when you get to "recovery week" get ready to make up for the off week with phase two
pretty fun, i cant hang the entire, but really no one can go to MF if they really are maxing for an hour...everyone on the dvd is taking breaks so just because you do, just take the 10 sec and get back in it

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

happy.gif
?LOL

No one can really help you, man. It's cliche, but you have to want to in order to actually follow through with it. If anything, find something that motivates you. Peak performance for athletics, looking good for the ladies (also use peak performance here), or just to be real healthy.

Just finished day 2. Perfect length. I was drowning in sweat and really beat the last few sets. Felt good.

Originally Posted by KillTheHype

happy.gif
?LOL

No one can really help you, man. It's cliche, but you have to want to in order to actually follow through with it. If anything, find something that motivates you. Peak performance for athletics, looking good for the ladies (also use peak performance here), or just to be real healthy.

Just finished day 2. Perfect length. I was drowning in sweat and really beat the last few sets. Felt good.

Back
Top Bottom