OFFICIAL IOWA POST

Originally Posted by JWiZz3123

anyone here from the des moines/west des moines area? 
nerd.gif

im from waterloo but stay in des moines now

i waited 2 hrs at champs over here in des moines for the cements, wasn't able to get them gray X's but i aint mind that really. stealth X's was sitting in foot locker like nobody wanted em (i aint grab em but one of my dudes did). cats was lined up for them chicago Xs. mad dashin' through jordan creek for them concords and aint get em

didnt know there was an iowa thread. what up!

good old iowa. has the sneaker scene improved at all since i left in 2010?

i used to have heat shipped in from chicago since the local spots didn't get it

Cant be there for the XII release, can anybody pick up a sz 10.5 for me? I can pay a finders fee.

Its not that much of a huge difference yeerp but they are doing what they can. But in CR i realize more people are starting to show up a bit more a course in IC they don't get many pair if any

How did things go for the XII release in Iowa today?  Can't believe Iowa doesn't get a few more pairs then they do.  Heard FL at lindale only had 12 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

i was at valley west mall where footlocker and champs was gettin em in des moines. 1 pair per size, waited there and aint get my sz 11. i was heated for a lil while

Dag thats crazt no respect for us here in iowa they should do at least 2 pair and find out whats the most common shoe size people are looking to grab...cause this is crazy

Someone should get a store going in Des Moines or Iowa City. ^^^^^^^ thats a good idea right there.

I've thought Des Moines could support a boutique of sorts, not quite as sure if Iowa City could (year round). I'd love to have some type of shop in the state, but at the same time the whole college thing has been slowing down my shoe buying habits anyway.

while i lived in iowa i wanted to open a store badly. i felt like with all of the college students and crowd in des moines it could have done well. i started an online business but never brick and mortar. one of you guys should at least look into it. there wouldn't be much competition for release date product for hundreds of miles

Originally Posted by tianju

i live in iowa city
i feel it's very hard to cop Js and foams here.
understatement.
when i lived there i did so much importing it was ridiculous

Originally Posted by yeerp

Originally Posted by tianju

i live in iowa city
i feel it's very hard to cop Js and foams here.
understatement.
when i lived there i did so much importing it was ridiculous
Coral Ridge mall is the only place for me to pick up shoes locally.
Last time, I was lined up at 3:30 am for the CAVs IVs, but they only got 8 pairs. I didn't get one.
eyes.gif

CR had a decent amount of Oly VI yesterday, and finally have organized their lineups. First time I'd gone early to cop in a long time, didn't see any familiar faces though. Were any NT fam there?

the sneaker game in iowa is nonsense...no store ever gets enough pairs..or even a reasonable amount of pairs at that. slim to none QS releases. doubt any store will get the gold medal pack slim chances lol i phone order from random botiques.didnt find a place in iowa that got any of the olympic pippens or barkleys just the air force ones but they got the air force one from the volt pack and the olympic air force ones that dropped that day but not the uptempos or 180s in either the volts or olympic colorway! luckily i was able to get my pippens from Sneaker Politics in louisana i got lucky and copped  my Olympic 6s & 7s from Footlocker Via Phone order! only pairs i managed to snag in line were the playoff 12s (barley) military blue 4s, obsidion 12s and random air force 1s

^^^it is weak in iowa but des moines did have them scottie pippen uptempos and them olympic 6s that dropped on the same day. cats was out there tryna grab em both. no go on them barkleys tho

damn didnt know that des moines got the pippens...glad i got mine nonetheless. but absolutley no chance of scoring the GMP on release date got to rely on eastbay and NDC...or hope there is a size 11 or 11.5 floating around at one of the random boutiques i phone order from! who knows we shall see soon!!! not sure if there is even a store with a nike quickstrike account in iowa!! finishline in iowa city got the CAV 4s but thats still not saying much!

which is weak as hell, i dnt kno why they got them cavs 4s..i kinda wanted them babies. i doubt anywhere will be gettin that GMP which i aint too worried about. my only concern is these next 4s thats droppin

lol you said quickstrike account in iowa.

one of you needs to get one! there is clearly a market

I've been buying Jays in Iowa since the 80s... My main spot released the GMP, so yes, there are some shoe joints in Iowa that get limited releases. I've never had to wait in line until the the Concord release last xmas. Now, all of a sudden, for the last year, clowns think they're "In The Shoe game"... It's ridiculous. One positive about my 3 main spots in Iowa though, since i've been buying for so long my connects always hold 2 pair for me, unless I tell them I don't want that release, or if they only have 1 pair in my size.

Back
Top Bottom