OFFICIAL IOWA POST

Was up all my Iowa people. Why cant we get just one account that gets exclusive releases? That would be great. I really dont care about the 11's. I  already know where I need to go to get those. Im after the thunder's. Called some places and everyone is clueless if they're getting them or even understanding what they are. But if someone wants to be generous, feel free to leak a spot for me that would be great.

Last edited:
Any of you been to the outlet in Williamsburg lately? Wanting to make a trip this weekend but don't know if its worth the drive.

Any of you been to the outlet in Williamsburg lately? Wanting to make a trip this weekend but don't know if its worth the drive.

Man, i haven't found anything there since early 2000s when i found a couple pair of VI lows haha... Haven't been there in a few months. Maybe we could use this thread as an outlet thread

i'm thinking about heading out to iowa in october for homecoming

did any of y'all start a boutique yet?

no but really it looks like the situation hasn't changed much out there which is unfortunate

Haven't picked up anything since the white/gray/red VIII, but am doubling up on the Air Revolutions that drop this week. Been waiting a long time for them.
My 2002s are still in great shape, but it's time to refresh.

I'm here in Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Finding decent shoes is difficult considering the mall sizes suck. Cedar Rapids didn't even get a pair of Black Grape V's!!!. In Iowa, we're better off shopping online, traveling to Chicago (like myself tomorrow), shop online, or just stare at shoes on our computers. It's a tough life in America's Heartland.

Happy 4th to you all.

I'm here in Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Finding decent shoes is difficult considering the mall sizes suck. Cedar Rapids didn't even get a pair of Black Grape V's!!!. In Iowa, we're better off shopping online, traveling to Chicago (like myself tomorrow), shop online, or just stare at shoes on our computers. It's a tough life in America's Heartland.

Happy 4th to you all.
What are you getting in Chicago?

I'm ready and willing to partner with someone with serious vision and drive to get a boutique going.

We should use this thread to update what the Iowa Nike Outlets have...
Anyone see anything of note lately? Anywhere?
:nerd:

What's up Iowa head's my buddy has been running a site/twitter/IG/Facebook for about a year and he gets quite a bit of heat to the Cedar Valley - obv its bought online, but he gets a lot of stuff.

He's reselling, so prices are above retail, but you're also not going to find these in our area typically and the prices aren't terrible compared to others. His goal is to start a boutique but he needs capital and wants to have a clientele base built up first before he starts, plus he said its a bear to get a Nike account......

His site is http://rareaire319.storenvy.com if anyone wants to check it out or contact him.

I'm from Parkersburg IA...Used to always get my Retro Jordan's from crossroads scheels in Waterloo, This was in the early 2000's, When I copped at stores. Shoe manager would hold pairs for me and a few of my friends. He was good people. Quit collecting hard around 2006. Then learned that the scheels lost its urban account. That was the end of limited retros for the cedar valley. Dunno how they could lose that account Waterloo is as hood/urban as it comes in Iowa. Derkro would love to see your buddy start a boutique. That's my dream but don't have close to enough capital. So now its strikeouts on the internet unless its GR or luck. High speed internet in Parkersburg is pry close to dial up compared to cities. Oh well I can't complain as I did well for myself in the early/mid 2000s and have lots of heat nice releases from then. Go Hawks ha ha

I live in Cedar Rapids, and I've been buying shoes since the late 90s. I just decided to get a NT account, because I feel like I am at a crossroads with shoes. I've mainly been into Jordans with a few others mixed in, and as you all know its becoming more and more of a hassle to get pretty much anything. For example, I was able to get the Steel 10s, but I have struck out on the Taxi 12s, Gamma 11s, and Bred 1s. So far I have refused to use a bot and refused to pay resellers, but it is getting to the point where if I want the shoes I basically have to.

I feel like  the game is now all about the hype and no longer about the shoes. Basically I'm just getting sick of all the bs in the shoe game right now and trying to decide if I want to get out completely, move to other types of shoes like higher end dress shoes, or what? I'm sure others are in the same boat, and I'm wondering what your thoughts are?

The Retro climate is hot and cold. It's been like this for as long as I can remember. I started wearing Air Jordans in the mid 80s and have yet to stop, so I've seen how predictable the market can be. The last few years have been fairly crazy, b/c not only has the Retro craze continued, but now this whole idea of "collecting" has gone mainstream. I think that may have been the oddest thing I've seen in my decades of Air Jordan shopping. One thing to keep in mind -- since the shoes you said you missed out on are Holiday drops -- is that Holiday releases aren't the easiest copps by any means b/c so many people are using money they don't typically have, to buy the JB xmas releases. This adds more swimmers to the pool.
You'll notice that, throughout the year, GRs are relatively easy to get on RD; some of the launches that us old dudes consider MUST COPPS (like the FR-III last summer) surprisingly sit for awhile.

Thanks man. That is good insight. I wish Nike would create a customer loyalty program where people who have bought lets say at least 50 different pairs or something could qualify and be guaranteed a release if they wanted it. They could also have like loyalty member exclusive releases. I'm sure it would be an administrative nightmare for them, but something like that would be really nice. I feel like it could build hype for them and still reward people who have been in it for the long haul not just a one time release.

Back in the day mid 90's til about 2006 it was all good. Then the struggle got real and everybody became a sneakerhead!

Back in the day mid 90's til about 2006 it was all good. Then the struggle got real and everybody became a sneakerhead!

THIS. I never had problems getting Js in Iowa from the mid 80s on. I could get them in-store well after the RD.
That was back when you could get Air Jordans in JC Penney, Nordstrom, etc etc.
Then I went to college in 96 -- It was still easy for a couple years.
Then around 1999 the spots weren't as reliable, so I shifted to online mostly.
A few years ago I started to see more retros in the IOWA retailers I used.
One of my spots had the CG-XI for over a month after it launched.
By that time, buying retros was easy again.
Then the Concord release happened. The IOWA spot I bought from didn't have a line.
But after that release slowly but surely lines were seen growing everywhere.
I still have my places that take care of me, but I do a ton of online as well just so I don't have to deal with the BS.
Right now it's just bogus. I see lines for every single Retro+ release.
I don't buy as much as I used to, simply b/c I'm old now and really only look for specific drops.
But damn, the climate is ridiculous now.

Waterloo was good when I first started collecting. The store scheels got all the retros. That's where I got my XI/VI DMP pack. The manager used to hold kicks for us if we wanted them, ahh it was great. Then that manager left and scheels lost their urban account. So then came only general releases. I dunno why the retros also sold out right away. I remember when I was in elementary school back in 96 when the XIs dropped. cedar falls had the Concords and Black and Red XIs for sale at the same time. Mom wouldn't ever cop them for me...I used to think of excuses to go in there when were out and beg her to buy them for me. I know there are some sneaker spots around in Iowa so I've heard. I just haven't found them yet. I try and do online but where I live not much for high speed internet and I refuse the bot. I can get the limited general releases and general releases no problem online. Its just the limited kicks that I always miss out on.

Back
Top Bottom