Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

I might pick this up next month.. I'd like to use the new ipad screen along with dslr camera. I need to search more about this though.

how I wish flash is available with ipad.. This will end tablet war!

Just copped a 32 wifi black. Had to drive to 3 different Best Buy stores. This is my first iPad.

any good cases you guys recommend? Do any of you guys use a screen protector?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

played with mine and i am going to return it before the 2 week deadline
only positive thing about the new ipad is the screen. very nice resolution and text is very sharp
the size difference is not a factor but the weight difference between the 3 and 2 is very noticeable
performance is around the same for both, which is the deal killer for me

old cases and smart covers do fit the new ipad,
however ymmv since i am using a tpu case and not a hard case.
overall the product is very good but it falls below my expectations..for those with ipad 2, the only upgrade you will get is the screen resolution and LTE (if you should choose a 4g version), not worth it imo. ipad 1 owners feel free to upgrade.
i will not consider the quad core graphics as an upgrade since a higher res screen requires more graphics power, without it the retina display would be rendered useless, so yea those 2 components are dependent of each other

Oh you bought the new iPad with the jaw dropping quad-core A6 processor. Dual-core A5 with quad core graphics...DUN!

37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif
ngbbs4dc246719361c.jpg

is this you?

I love this thing. I didn't own an iPad 2, but I used it enough to comfortably say that this is a significant upgrade. I can't wait to start using it in the hospital. Will make my life so much easier.

Looking to pick this up a month after RD. Just in case there are any defects. This will be my first tablet.

I'm posting from mine right now and I really like it. It's my first tablet and I'm glad I decided to hold off until this model dropped.

We Gave People an iPad 2, Told Them It Was the New iPad, and They Loved It

Apple's advertising onslaught is already battering down doors and TVs around the nation—you're gonna upgrade to a new iPad whether you like it or not. But based on our little test, most people can't tell the difference anyway.

We figured that if we—enormous nerds who fixate on pixel density—were underwhelmed by the screen, then what about non-gadget geeks? We rounded some coworkers and handed them a "new iPad." The "new iPad" was an iPad 2. They loved the new iPad.

Apple doesn't even need to try anymore.

Apple's advertising onslaught is already battering down doors and TVs around the nation—you're gonna upgrade to a new iPad whether you like it or not. But based on our little test, most people can't tell the difference anyway.

We figured that if we—enormous nerds who fixate on pixel density—were underwhelmed by the screen, then what about non-gadget geeks? We rounded some coworkers and handed them a "new iPad." The "new iPad" was an iPad 2. They loved the new iPad.

They should post a video of this. 
laugh.gif

Coming from the first iPad, this new iPad is amazingly fast. Highly recommend for those who passed on the 2

Originally Posted by presequel

Coming from the first iPad, this new iPad is amazingly fast. Highly recommend for those who passed on the 2

you would have said the exact thing with the ipad 2.

im glad im not a hypebeast, i love apple but thank god i dont have an actual need/want for the ipad or id be wasting money.

Ended up exchanging my 16GB WIFI for a Verizon LTE when I got to the store. I figured I'd return it after trying out the LTE but this thing is faaaast. Averaging about 25 down / 10 up in Downtown Austin. Came in very useful during SXSW.

My 3 friends, that were hating in me for upgrading, weren't complaining either when they could get connect to my iPad with their unlocked TMobile iPhones instead of using edge
laugh.gif

After putting off buying a tablet, I finally broke down and bought one. I have mixed feelings, though nothing more than a larger iPhone, having the large screen is nice. I just don't know if i truly have a use for it. Might end up returning it before my two weeks is up. I just feel into the hype especially after spending all last week at home playing with my moms iPad 2. The iPhone 5 is around the corner I can prolly just hold off till then

Originally Posted by solesavage

Apple can go backwards with their technology and sheep will still follow. Marketing geniuses.
yup... dont know how in the hell they couldnt put a camera on the ipad... and they still messing around with 5mp camera on something that big?

Ima tell y'all this, the screen is great. Ut if you have a wifi version joint is pretty much the iPad 2 with more ram. The LTE models are worth the upgrade, I sold my roommate my iPad 2 to get this one, nothing mind blowing about it at all besides the screen being much better, you see a big difference when you run iPhone apps like instagram on the iPad, it looks horrible on the iPad 2 but on the new one it looks HD

Is it worth the 4g upgrade if you have a jail broken iPhone tho? I can't see myself using it in that many places with out wifi and when need be I figured I could tether. I am going to exchange it for a larger size tho! I feel like 16 might not be enough

4g on a phone is good cause apps dl instantly not not that big of a deal cause I'm not gonna be watching movies on it, it is handy only if you wanna tether

Originally Posted by JUS3

They should post a video of this. 
laugh.gif

They did.

Back
Top Bottom