Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

There's a Showtime app 
eek.gif
?  I'll definitely be downloading that.

I'm suprised nobody updated since the jailbreak for the iPad 3 dropped. I jailbroke mine and so far I haven't been impressed. Probably b/c I'm not putting the right stuff on there. I'll continue to mess around with it and see what happens.

Bump this thread...

Finally made the jump...

Anyway, I would like to watch Dodger games on my iPad since I'm at work from 1-10pm, what's the best way. The DirecTV app would be awesome, however it only works with the same wifi network associated witht he DTV box, :smh:.

Slingbox?

HBOGo, Showtime apps... :smokin :smokin :smokin

EDIT - MLB app is not an option since they blackout local games...:smh:

Last edited:
Thinking about coppin on craigslist/ebay for the low.
Any way to protect myself in case it happens to be one that fell off a truck? Obviously the seller isn't going to tell me, but I'm not trying to buy one then it gets bricked a week later :rolleyes

Any way to protect myself in case it happens to be one that fell off a truck? Obviously the seller isn't going to tell me, but I'm not trying to buy one then it gets bricked a week later :rolleyes

what do you mean bricked? nothing can happen if its stolen unless its a 3G for verizon or something than the esn would go bad and you wouldnt be able to use it for 3G on verizon but other than that it would work 100% no problem.

bricked is in, it doesnt work, non functional anymore.
If I get one it woulnd't be one with 3g/LTE, I just want to get the wi-fi one.
but you know on the iphone how you can remotely lock it/wipe it out, if that were to happen with the ipad, am I basically screwed?

bricked is in, it doesnt work, non functional anymore.
If I get one it woulnd't be one with 3g/LTE, I just want to get the wi-fi one.
but you know on the iphone how you can remotely lock it/wipe it out, if that were to happen with the ipad, am I basically screwed?

if it fell off a truck or stolen and its brand new. it cannot be locked or bricked you just cant get it fixed through apple with warranty.

there is no such thing as locking or bricking unless it was stolen from someone and they could lock it through the iphone app i guess but you can bypass that most likely.

but like i said if its brand new you cant be bricked or locked. it will work 100% like normal.

Good to know, thanks for the info
Anything else I should watch/worry about if I'm buying from Craigslist?

Good to know, thanks for the info
Anything else I should watch/worry about if I'm buying from Craigslist?

Test out the merchandise before you hand them the cash. I copped one a couple weeks ago and I went to the seller crib. I tested it out made sure it worked as stated and I was out.

Any way to protect myself in case it happens to be one that fell off a truck? Obviously the seller isn't going to tell me, but I'm not trying to buy one then it gets bricked a week later
eyes.gif
You looking for the 2 or "new iPad"?

I'm looking on craigslist too. I want the new one, but Im seeing 2s going for 275-300.

You looking for the 2 or "new iPad"?

I'm looking on craigslist too. I want the new one, but Im seeing 2s going for 275-300.

i'll take either the 2 or the 3, depending how good of a deal I'd get. The only thing that had me worried was if it had "fallen off the truck" or was found by the person selling it. I'm not up on game, so I wasn't sure if there was any way that it could be remotely locked or wiped out. But from the sounds of it, I should be ok.

Sorry to bump, but was trying to find an iPad case for ol girl. Wanted a mint colored one, any ideas where I can find one?

what are some apps that MUST be downloaded for an iPad that aren't necessarily promoted/well known, so to speak?

(minus the obvious ones, of course)

My iPad 2's home button makes a double click noise when I press it, as if something was inside.
I don't know what could get inside though. Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:
What if I came up on a brand new sealed iPad that probably fell off a truck. The serial pulls up on the apple website as legit an shows no "purchase date."
Is it cool to just register it under your normal apple id, or should You create a new one just to be on the safe side?
Mods please delete if inappropriate

Last edited:
Bruh just use it regularly. What are they going to do track you down? If they lose it they lose it,

My iPad 2's home button makes a double click noise when I press it, as if something was inside.
I don't know what could get inside though. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hmm, I don't have is problem. The only wat inside apple products is to remove the black glue line where the metal meets the screen then pull the screen up. My only complaint about apples touch screen things. Ruined an iPod that way :smh:

But the camera on this thing irks me so much, about to upgrade.

I just discovered the way to make the iPad 2 camera not suck as bad :lol:

iPad takes videos in a higher quality than still shots. So if you take a short video, then screen shot it, the picture comes out great. There is also an app I got called SynthCam which lets you take a video then it converts it into a picture. It works well if you have a case that can take the video without moving.

Here's some still shots;

In comparison to video shots

Last edited:

iPad takes videos in a higher quality than still shots. So if you take a short video, then screen shot it, the picture comes out great.

interesting. will try this when I get home.

are you doing a screenshot of the actual video itself or while you're recording?

iPad takes videos in a higher quality than still shots. So if you take a short video, then screen shot it, the picture comes out great.

interesting. will try this when I get home.

are you doing a screenshot of the actual video itself or while you're recording?

The video itself. It looks blurry while you take the video, but the video is much better quality.

Still shots are .2 megapixels

Videos are about 3.0 megapixels

Anyone have info on when the new IPAD is releasing?

I want to buy one but if one is coming out soon then Id rather wait

Back
Top Bottom