Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

red snow sucked. too many glitches ranging from no voicemail, no syncing, winterboard not working, cydia crashing. i just restored it. ill wait.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

ok so ryan you said:

push notification lets u know if you got a im or something like that without that app running

so should beejive remained signed in all day and friends should see me on their list? because some friends said they saw me, some didnt, and beejive signed me out a quite a few times today. so i'm not sure what the iphone version of the program is doing. when i had it on a blackberry, it pretty much left my aim signed in all day and i got the im's on my phone instantly. i feel like its not accurate on my 3gs.
Change the session timer on the beejive settings within the iphone settings to something like 2 or 4 hours. You should get a push notice if yourlogged out.

I think the only way to actually be logged in the whole time is to have Backgrounder running, and it doesnt seem to work on 3.0 yet...

ryan and santi just put me up on game, under the settings my session log out time was set to 20 mins. i changed it to 24 hours. so i should be good.

so thanks to santi and ryan!

i feel better!

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

is ultrasn0w only for unlocking, or can i jailbreak as well?
in order for ultrasn0w to work you need to be jailbroken. its like one with the other. so yes you can jailbreak and yes you can unlock.

Originally Posted by retro23phan

is ultrasn0w only for unlocking, or can i jailbreak as well?
in order for ultrasn0w to work you need to be jailbroken. its like one with the other. so yes you can jailbreak and yes you can unlock.

thanks. i think im about to use pwnage tool right now and jailbreak it. im jailbroken on 2.2.1, but i wanna copy my apps over first. i used installous frbasically all of the paid ones, so they arent in itunes. how would i copy that data? im guessing openssh and an FTP?

im jailbroken on 2.2.1, but i wanna copy my apps over first. i used installous fr basically all of the paid ones, so they arent in itunes. how would i copythat data? im guessing openssh and an FTP?
eef252bed49aba16235ebf422ee2e9c2187d043.gif

im jailbroken on 2.2.1, but i wanna copy my apps over first. i used installous fr basically all of the paid ones, so they arent in itunes. how would i copy that data? im guessing openssh and an FTP?

you will need itunes to backup i dont see any other way, even with openssh, you can only drag over folders and that's about it. i can hope someone comes inand shed some light on this issue because i always install apps over itunes even stolen ones. best of luck

im jailbroken on 2.2.1, but i wanna copy my apps over first. i used installous fr basically all of the paid ones, so they arent in itunes. how would i copy
that data? im guessing openssh and an FTP?

you will need itunes to backup i dont see any other way, even with openssh, you can only drag over folders and that's about it. i can hope someone comes in and shed some light on this issue because i always install apps over itunes even stolen ones. best of luck

i got it to work. theres an option on installous under the settings to sync all the apps to iTunes. I got them copying over now then im gonna jailbreak itagain. thanks tho
63b25abed695ead62deee9b8711c6d87f778f2e.gif

funny how im the one always giving advice in this thread and here i am asking
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif
i feel humbled knowing i dont know everything

i think its better to not use installous and instead download the .ipa's on your computer and install them through itunes

Anybody else have this problem?

23ma0xz.png

Yes, I tried to respring and reboot the phone. I've tried syncing and re-syncing as well. Also tried re-downloading the apps but it still comes up likethis.

I jailbroke my iPhone again using redsnow because last time i couldnt install anything from Cydia..

Glad that worked out.. working smoothly so far..

Only one thing tho.. custom keyboards not working for winterboard or its just me?

^ its that whole landscape default keyboard that throws off the file names, its a hit or miss with custom keyboards. We just have to wait until they releasesome compatible ones.

durty pancakes,how far are you into 3.0? i recommend restoring again and jailbreaking it over. I had a similar problem after i restored a backup. Now since ihave everything organized on my computer i always restore as a new phone, that way it prevents the phone from restoring any corrupted files.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

How do i put up a picture of my homescreen and lockscreen on here?

download winterboard off of cydia(have to be jailbroken) and enable user wallpaper and user lockscreen. To have a different wallpaper as your homescreen and adifferent one as the lockscreen you need to have a theme, ssh into that theme folder labeled whatever you want and make a PNG file and label it LockBackground
so the picture is labeled LockBackground.png
drag it into your theme and now you have a different wallpaper for your lockscreen and homescreen.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

How do i put up a picture of my homescreen and lockscreen on here?

download winterboard off of cydia(have to be jailbroken) and enable user wallpaper and user lockscreen. To have a different wallpaper as your homescreen and a different one as the lockscreen you need to have a theme, ssh into that theme folder labeled whatever you want and make a PNG file and label it LockBackground
so the picture is labeled LockBackground.png
drag it into your theme and now you have a different wallpaper for your lockscreen and homescreen.

my bad bro, i meant how do i put up a pic of my screen here on niketalk. Dont worry about it, I figured it out. Thanks .

Jailbroke using redsnow. So far so good. The only thing that dont work for me is weathericon and custom keyboards.
happy.gif

316n8ud.jpg

2iqec5k.jpg

How do you guys get your battery life percentage to show, next to the battery symbol?

Edit: nvm
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom