Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

damn. the case sold out. hope there's a rerelease.
anyway, any sites with a list full of themes and pics? going through cydia is extra tedious.

Originally Posted by hollatchaboi34

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Does anyone know if i have the unlimited data for my sidekick...can i get a unlocked 2g iphone and have it work ?

smh.gif
@ me having to quote myself...

no you cant

yes you could. just input your APN into the iphone. for my sis it was something like "hiptop.tmobile.com" or something like that.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by hollatchaboi34

Does anyone know if i have the unlimited data for my sidekick...can i get a unlocked 2g iphone and have it work ?

smh.gif
@ me having to quote myself...

no you cant

yes you could. just input your APN into the iphone. for my sis it was something like "hiptop.tmobile.com" or something like that.

c/s....I have a 2g unlocked iPhone and still have my unlimited data plan from my sidekick. The APN stated is correct "hiptop.tmobile.com"....bothuser and password is "guest"

Help! I did the iNav theme and got the contact, email, internet, media, photo, games, and apps icons but the SMS icon did not change. can anyone shed somelight?

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Help! I did the iNav theme and got the contact, email, internet, media, photo, games, and apps icons but the SMS icon did not change. can anyone shed some light?
You have to change the icon name from "Texts" to "Messages"

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

what is the difference between IMAP and POP? i'm trying to get my school email on here but i don't know which one to choose...

[h2][/h2]
[h2]About POP[/h2]

POP, or Post Office Protocol, lets you download messages from Gmail's servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express or Netscape Mail, even when you aren't connected to the Internet.

POP access is free for all Gmail users, and we have no plans to charge for it in the future. If you're thinking about using POP, however, we encourage you to consider IMAP, which offers all the benefits listed above plus two-way communication between your web Gmail and your email client.

What is IMAP?

IMAP, or Internet Message Access Protocol, lets you download messages from Gmail's servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express or Apple Mail, even when you aren't connected to the Internet.

IMAP creates a constant connection between mail clients (desktop and/or mobile) and Gmail.
What's the difference between IMAP and POP?
Unlike POP, IMAP offers two-way communication between your web Gmail and your email client(s). This means when you log in to Gmail using a web browser, actions you perform on email clients and mobile devices (ex: putting mail in a 'work' folder) will instantly and automatically appear in Gmail (ex: it will already have a 'work' label on that email the next time you sign in).

IMAP also provides a better method to access your mail from multiple devices. If you check your email at work, on your mobile phone, and again at home, IMAP ensures that new mail is accessible from any device at any given time.

Finally, IMAP offers a more stable experience overall. Whereas POP is prone to losing messages or downloading the same messages multiple times, IMAP avoids this through two-way syncing capabilities between your mail clients and your web Gmail.

If you're trying to decide between using POP and using IMAP with Gmail, we recommend IMAP.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

Help! I did the iNav theme and got the contact, email, internet, media, photo, games, and apps icons but the SMS icon did not change. can anyone shed some light?
You have to change the icon name from "Texts" to "Messages"

how do I change the icon name?

3.1 will have Bluetooth voice recognition for phone and iPod. Mms is enabled by default but still can't send or receive. Faster landscape mode speed otherminor stuff

is there anyway to make the whole phone go into landscape mode and not just text and internet? i have a gs if that means anything...i like holding the phonethe hamburger instead of hotdogy style...lol

finally upgraded.. after losing my 3g yesterday... i still don't know how i lost it and bet it is somewhere in my car under a seat or something.

but thanks to everyone keeping the thread alive.. i will be have a couple of news drops coming soon... **** news for mac users trying to jailbreak their3gs' **** http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4400

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

What is the easiest, quickest and most painless way of making a ringtone and uploading it to your phone? Also making it loud enough to hear if I'm down the hall or in the kitchen? I've dealt with programs, apps, SSH, DiskAid and the likes and nothing is acceptable to me. It's frustrating. I use to make ring tones for my RAZR2 using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and they came out loud and crystal clear
frown.gif

myxer.com is the best for ringtones.. it's quite easy and loud too..

Originally Posted by just reason

What is the easiest, quickest and most painless way of making a ringtone and uploading it to your phone? Also making it loud enough to hear if I'm down the hall or in the kitchen? I've dealt with programs, apps, SSH, DiskAid and the likes and nothing is acceptable to me. It's frustrating. I use to make ring tones for my RAZR2 using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and they came out loud and crystal clear
frown.gif

i made the ringtone but where do i find it on my phone to set it to a contact?

Since Lockdown doesn't work on 3.0, what is another way I can lock my apps?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

frown.gif

once it is on your phone.. go to the contact in the contacts app and apply it or go to sound, ringtones..

Yo NT can y'all help me out with some website so I get can some custom icons ... And how to add it to my iPhone I would assume I would have to do it throwopenssh ????

A new version of Facebook for iPhone OS 3.0 is coming very soon with 15 major improvements including Events, according to developer Joe Hewitt.

The update is about 98% done and upon completion will be submitted to Apple for approval.

So Whats New in This Update?
1. The "new" News Feed
2. Like
3. Events (including the ability to RSVP)
4. Notes
5. Pages
6. Create new photo albums
7. Upload photos to any album
8. Zoom into photos
9. Easier photo tagging
10. Profile Pictures albums
11. A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
12. Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
13. Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
14. Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
15. Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call

Push notifications are in development but won't make it into the 3.0 release. You can expect it in version 3.1

Read More

-------------------------------------------

frown.gif

once it is on your phone.. go to the contact in the contacts app and apply it or go to sound, ringtones..
why would ya'll do that when you can do it straight off itunes.

would yall recommend using redsnow or PwnageTool? I need to jailbreak my iPhone 3G before I leave the U.S tomorrow morning.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

frown.gif

why would ya'll do that when you can do it straight off itunes.

quality, not having the actual song, already finding that portion of the song you like, adding effects to the ringtone.. etc..

Back
Top Bottom