Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

umm not that i noticed actually and i do a lotta texting too, dont quote me on that tho cus i honestly havent been paying that close attention to it

Rookie question, but if I jailbreak then restore will Apple know if I have to take it in for repair or something? Or will it look like a reg iphone 3g? Thanks

does anyone use the PYSL app from cydia? how do i hide texts from a certain number its confusing as hell.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Rookie question, but if I jailbreak then restore will Apple know if I have to take it in for repair or something? Or will it look like a reg iphone 3g? Thanks
They probably would know, and they hate people who jailbreak.
laugh.gif

You would probably have to make everything stock and then use bossprefs to hide Cydia and Winterboard.

Originally Posted by Jonahtheballer

^i used mcleaner worked better for me

good lookin out. is there anyway to get it for free? i dont feel like paying anything for it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

laugh.gif

You would probably have to make everything stock and then use bossprefs to hide Cydia and Winterboard.

i dont think they would know because if he's restoring its basically a brand new phone, the phone wont even be jailbroken any more.

I think boost or someone is in the same boat as I am.

I have an unlocked/ jailbroken 1st gen iphone on 2.0 w/ tmobile. How can I update to 2.2 without losing my contacts, music, etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by marath0n

laugh.gif

i dont think they would know because if he's restoring its basically a brand new phone, the phone wont even be jailbroken any more.
You're right, I'm tripping.. I was thinking restore from backup for some reason when I read that.

Originally Posted by APLX2

I think boost or someone is in the same boat as I am.

I have an unlocked/ jailbroken 1st gen iphone on 2.0 w/ tmobile. How can I update to 2.2 without losing my contacts, music, etc?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Go to iTunes, when you see your iPhone under 'Devices' on the left hand side; right click and click backup, then when that is done,update, and then you will be able to use the back up you saved.

Via iClarified

Livestation, a peer-to-peer live television broadcasting application built on Microsoft Silverlight platform is set to announce an iPhone app, according to TechCrunch.

On Thursday Livestation will preview a development application for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Perhaps it will be the making of the platform? Who knows. But the irony to all this is that in 2006 Microsoft and Skinkers signed a technology for equity deal in 2006, a first for Microsoft in Europe at the time. So Microsoft will have a stake in bringing live TV to the iPhone. Nice.

Take a look at the video below or join Matteo Berlucchi and Jemima Kiss from The Guardian for a sneak preview of the development version of Livestation for the iPhone and iPod Touch on Thursday 04 December at 5pm GMT.

Read More

Truephone has launched a new VoIP application that can turn an iPod touch into a phone.

Truphone for the iPod touch is specifically designed for your iPod with a ground breaking new interface which takes you straight to your favorite Tru Friends and allows you to make a call with just one touch!

Once installed, and with the addition of a microphone adaptor, iPod touch owners can make free calls-no matter where they are in the world-to other iPod touch owners, to customers of Truphone's Internet telephony service and to users of Google Talk instant messaging service.

Truphone for iPod Touch has the following features coming soon:

Calling to landlines (PSTN) at low cost (simply set yourself up with a Truphone account);
Instant messaging to Skype and MSN (free);
Calling to Skype users (free);
Calling to MSN users (free);
Check and set facilities for Twitter (free);
Check and set facilities for Facebook (free).
Truphone for iPod touch is easily downloaded from Apple's App Store in exactly the same way as any other iPod touch application.

The software uses the iPod touch's Wi-Fi connection to carry calls over the Internet to its destination. There is no monthly line rental, no subscription or other hidden charges.

Read More

Vlingo Corporation today announced availability of its vlingo for iPhone application on the Apple App Store. This voice-powered application eliminates the need for typing and gives users the ability to dial their contacts, search the Web, access Google Maps, and send status updates for Facebook and Twitter with the power of voice.

"The iPhone offers an innovative multi-touch user interface that is fundamentally transforming the wireless industry," said Dave Grannan, CEO of vlingo. "We're proud to debut our breakthrough voice recognition technology on iPhone, taking simplicity one step further by reducing much of the reliance on typing, making mobile data and applications easier to find and use."

Vlingo for iPhone works across multiple applications on the iPhone. It gives users access to the most commonly used features by using voice, including:

-- PHONE. Initiate calls to anyone in your address book.

-- SEARCH. Look up anything through Yahoo! or Google in one step. Just say, "Web search: concert tickets in Boston," and the results are displayed.

-- MAPS. Look up and map local listings. For example, by saying, "Find Italian restaurants in San Francisco," vlingo will show choices and can populate Google Maps with the touch of a button.

-- SOCIAL. Users can send Facebook and Twitter status updates without typing. Vlingo also automatically embeds a Web browser so users can easily access the mobile versions of Facebook and Twitter to keep track of their friends' updates.

Vlingo gives iPhone users easy access to mobile information with the power of voice. Users do not need to change how they speak or memorize a list of commands so they can say what they want, how they want, and vlingo captures the results - word for word. Vlingo's breakthrough speech recognition technology provides users with a simple way to access almost anything on their handsets. With the most accurate system on the market that gets even better as more users join the community, vlingo gives users the ability to freely mix typing and talking with no limits on what they can say to command the device.

Read More
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Amazon.com, Inc. today announced its Amazon application for iPhone and iPod touch is now available on the Apple App Store. The Amazon app offers an easy way for users to search and browse for products offered by Amazon and thousands of retailers like Target and Macy's, access Amazon's popular shopping features such as Customer Reviews, and purchase using 1-Click Shopping and Amazon Prime.

The Amazon app for iPhone and iPod touch includes an experimental feature called "Amazon Remembers". Amazon Remembers helps customers keep track of items they see in their daily lives and even tries to match photos of products to the same or similar products available on Amazon.com. Customers simply snap photos with their iPhone, the photos are automatically uploaded to Amazon.com, which then tries to find products similar to the ones in the photos. As soon as the customer receives the results, they can then purchase the item immediately or "remember it" for later in their Amazon account.

"We designed the Amazon app to be a quick and easy way for iPhone and iPod touch users to shop, browse, and buy with Amazon.com," said Sam Hall, director of Amazon Mobile. "We're also really excited about Amazon Remembers because it's a fun and useful way to use the iPhone camera to find and remember items while on-the-go. Customers can build visual lists of things they want to remember, buy, or even learn more about."

Read More

Vlingo is dope. It completely replaces the Google Mobile App.

Edit.

Anyone know a voice dialing application that DOESNT require you to be connected to the internet via wifi or a data plan?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by DaBossA

Can anybody help me out on upgrading my 2G iphone to 2.2?

Connect iPhone to computer, iTunes will pop up, click update.

DONE!
Oh my fault.. I mean unlock and jailbreak on 2.2...If its already possible....

Now where exactly would you acquire this additional microphone piece for the ipod touch?
Nvm..apple has some.

that theme is fresh.. Slanted icons and such..

Thanks for the news drop.. LOL @ everyone restoring..

Has anybody messed with fontswap? Changed my system font to papyrus.. So dope.

Originally Posted by icykicks79

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

2s96455.png
2qthgz9.png

And since I installed the clicks I said F it and installed the theme, it's not bad... I just hate when themes don't have matching icons for all apps.... especially the popular ones.... This is also the 1st theme I've installed since my update.
what is this theme called?

Back
Top Bottom