Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by slaterSB

switched some stuff around, trying new wallpaper and new ipod player

ms235v.jpg
what themes you using?

Originally Posted by slaterSB

switched some stuff around, trying new wallpaper and new ipod player
ms235v.jpg
hey, could you please direct me to that lock near her crotch area. I've been looking for an image/program like that. Tired of this "Slideto unlock" nonsense.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by that WAVE

3.01 update

I accidentally updated to that and my phone got reset...Will redsn0w still work when re-jailbreaking it?
nerd.gif
yessir
heres what the iphone dev team wrote:

You can re-use redsn0w v0.8 we released a few weeks ago to jailbreak today's 3.0.1 update. Just let iTunes update or restoreyou to official 3.0.1 then run redsn0w. The only "trick" is that when redsn0w asks you to identify the IPSW used, point it at the 3.0 IPSW insteadof the 3.0.1 one. After the jailbreak, reinstall ultrasn0w 0.9 if you need the unlock.

More details:

The 3.0.1 release is a "branch" from 3.0 that occurs (code-wise) before all the 3.1 betas. The programs redsn0w needsto change for the jailbreak are identical when you compare the 3.0 and 3.0.1 versions. It seems pretty much the only changes Apple made were for the SMS bug,which affects programs that redsn0w doesn't touch. That's why you can re-use redsn0w 0.8 on 3.0.1 even though it was written for 3.0.

And since 3.0.1 doesn't touch the baseband either, ultrasn0w 0.9 works for those needing the soft unlock. Just install itfrom the repo666.ultrasn0w.com repository using Cydia as usual.
We'll at some point fix redsn0w to recognize both 3.0and 3.0.1 IPSW's, but really that's the only change that would be made to it. Everything else would be identical, so there's no need to wait for the "proper" version that recognizes the 3.0.1 IPSW asvalid.

But if i restore, will I lose everything on my itunes??
do a backup matty, then restore. Everytime i upgrade to a new firmware, since i already have my contacts sync to microsoft outlook, and that isthe only thing i need, i always start it as a new iphone with no backup.

Ok, shall i plug in my phone when i do the back up..?

sorry for all the questions, Lol i just dont wanna screw myself over

Ok, shall i plug in my phone when i do the back up..?

sorry for all the questions, Lol i just dont wanna screw myself over
i believe that is the only way. plug it in, have itunes back it up, restore the firmware. open up redsn0w and go from there. good luck.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

what is the cheapest way to get an iphone and not have a calling plan just straight data??????????????????

what you're looking for is an iPod touch

just wondering if someone can help me out. I just got an iphone form my aunt, 8 gig if it matters, 3g. When ever i put my sim in I get a sim error. what do Ido to solve this??

Back
Top Bottom