OFFICIAL JANUARY 2011 WDYWT VOL. NEW YEARS RESOLUTION....NO PIC QUOTING.

Originally Posted by thecatinthehat88

Thought I might as well get in on the popped tongue conversation.  I agree that there are shoes that look good with the tongue out and some that don't, but tucking you laces into your shoes so the bow doesn't show is never a good look IMO.  I don't get why Proto gets so much heat for popping his tongues, I think more that half the guys in this thread leave their tongues in front of their pants. 
i agree with u 100% theres a lot of shoes i pop my tounge out and some i dont but i never tuck my laces in gotta let the bow swing especially if the tounge out

Thought I might as well get in on the popped tongue conversation.  I agree that there are shoes that look good with the tongue out and some that don't, but tucking you laces into your shoes so the bow doesn't show is never a good look IMO.  I don't get why Proto gets so much heat for popping his tongues, I think more that half the guys in this thread leave their tongues in front of their pants. 
i agree with u 100% theres a lot of shoes i pop my tounge out and some i dont but i never tuck my laces in gotta let the bow swing especially if the tounge out

For our Blazermania gallery show and the release of our GoodWood collaboration Sheed Pendant. More info on the pendant and show here

Kevin Duckworth Snapback 
J Crew 
Compound GoodWood Sheed Pendant 
AF1 Sheeds

2f099g7.jpg

2q2hgcz.jpg

For our Blazermania gallery show and the release of our GoodWood collaboration Sheed Pendant. More info on the pendant and show here

Kevin Duckworth Snapback 
J Crew 
AF1 Sheeds

2f099g7.jpg

2q2hgcz.jpg

Dang, first it was someone talking about having too much high-end brand name gear, now the foolishness about popping tongues on the shoes? Grow up and mind your own business.

Did these today

Dang, first it was someone talking about having too much high-end brand name gear, now the foolishness about popping tongues on the shoes? Grow up and mind your own business.

Did these today

Originally Posted by 55steep

Kevin Duckworth Snapback 
J Crew 
AF1 Sheeds
Both pants and chambray shirt are J. Crew?

Originally Posted by 55steep

Kevin Duckworth Snapback 
J Crew 
AF1 Sheeds
Both pants and chambray shirt are J. Crew?

there's nothing wrong with a friendly debate guys. nobody's taking shots...

ThoughtI might as well get in on the popped tongue conversation.  I agree thatthere are shoes that look good with the tongue out and some that don't,but tucking you laces into your shoes so the bow doesn't show is nevera good look IMO.  I don't get why Proto gets so much heat for poppinghis tongues, I think more that half the guys in this thread leave theirtongues in front of their pants. 

yeah, it's just how i've always done it. i think i started doing it somy laces didn't get butchered by grip tape when i used to skate. butnow i think it just looks cleaner (there was this guy posting seriousvintage air max heat in here a few months ago that tucked the laces inside too,said it was "the clean way", only other cat i've seen do it like me).

and yeah, a lot of people let their tongue out. most rappers and celebrities seemto as well. i don't know why it's such a big deal to cats around here.like i was saying about iss, some of their jeans are so skinny theyhave to really force the tongue into their jeans (then the back of the jeans just hug their leg, don't see how that somehow looks more natural), makes me think a lotof them are just doing it because they see a majority of everyone elsedoing it on there, and they wanna fit in (they certainly couldn't handle all the crap i get for it on almost a daily basis). i'll never conform tho. i do what looks good to me.

Originally Posted by 2Nick3

Lol idk about that, i'm not here to start a fight or anything, just sayin'.

There's also a difference between shoes with big tongues, like forexample the jordan 4, 5, 6, and yes maybe even the 13's. The have big*%@ tongues, so it's okay to pop 'em, it even looks natural sometimes iagree.
But then you have shoes like the air max 1, wich look perfectly fine without a popped tongue.
And you stop lacing them halfway JUST so you could pop the tongue, and that's what's bothering me, and as it seems, others too.

that's simply not true tho. i lace most of my air max's to the 2nd tolast lace hole, and some all the way to the top (i don't usually laceshoes all the way to the top, but i think they look better this way,especially when laced loosely).

as seen here:

5324457581_dc94272df9_z.jpg

there's nothing wrong with a friendly debate guys. nobody's taking shots...

ThoughtI might as well get in on the popped tongue conversation.  I agree thatthere are shoes that look good with the tongue out and some that don't,but tucking you laces into your shoes so the bow doesn't show is nevera good look IMO.  I don't get why Proto gets so much heat for poppinghis tongues, I think more that half the guys in this thread leave theirtongues in front of their pants. 

yeah, it's just how i've always done it. i think i started doing it somy laces didn't get butchered by grip tape when i used to skate. butnow i think it just looks cleaner (there was this guy posting seriousvintage air max heat in here a few months ago that tucked the laces inside too,said it was "the clean way", only other cat i've seen do it like me).

and yeah, a lot of people let their tongue out. most rappers and celebrities seemto as well. i don't know why it's such a big deal to cats around here.like i was saying about iss, some of their jeans are so skinny theyhave to really force the tongue into their jeans (then the back of the jeans just hug their leg, don't see how that somehow looks more natural), makes me think a lotof them are just doing it because they see a majority of everyone elsedoing it on there, and they wanna fit in (they certainly couldn't handle all the crap i get for it on almost a daily basis). i'll never conform tho. i do what looks good to me.

Originally Posted by 2Nick3

Lol idk about that, i'm not here to start a fight or anything, just sayin'.

There's also a difference between shoes with big tongues, like forexample the jordan 4, 5, 6, and yes maybe even the 13's. The have big*%@ tongues, so it's okay to pop 'em, it even looks natural sometimes iagree.
But then you have shoes like the air max 1, wich look perfectly fine without a popped tongue.
And you stop lacing them halfway JUST so you could pop the tongue, and that's what's bothering me, and as it seems, others too.

that's simply not true tho. i lace most of my air max's to the 2nd tolast lace hole, and some all the way to the top (i don't usually laceshoes all the way to the top, but i think they look better this way,especially when laced loosely).

as seen here:

Tried not getting involved but ugh. Certain shoes (3's, 4's, 5's, 90's, etc.), it looks natural and great. In regard to the AM1 and what the discussion originally stemmed from...

wdywt060111.jpg

>

On AM1's, the tongue out CAN look good. In that instance however, it doesn't. Perhaps a pinroll would better suffice then having pants all the way tucked in.
All I'm going to say. Let's move on, folks.

Tried not getting involved but ugh. Certain shoes (3's, 4's, 5's, 90's, etc.), it looks natural and great. In regard to the AM1 and what the discussion originally stemmed from...

wdywt060111.jpg

>

On AM1's, the tongue out CAN look good. In that instance however, it doesn't. Perhaps a pinroll would better suffice then having pants all the way tucked in.
All I'm going to say. Let's move on, folks.

Originally Posted by s dubl

roll.gif
- Im not wearing a suit and tie, but I am at the office - and did exactly this!!! On point S dubl

55 steep - dope!  .... and that broad with neek - yes sir
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom