+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

The Story of O.J. video
nthat.gif

The production is boring to me. I'm 33 so I know how albums were back in the day and using one or two producers max for a cohesive sound is cool but this sound is boring to me. Just my opinion tho.

Lyrics wise this album is flames. Production wise it's not ******* with blueprint or vol 2 or whatever. Again just my opinion. I'm not sure who he should have worked with and who I would have been satisfied with if he wanted to stick to a single producer...i just know I'm not feeling this as much specifically because of the production.

Wish an acapella version would surface so that other producers could do their thing

Last edited:
This woulda got 5 mics in the source.

That one joint where hes like "you know killa i know killas" or something like that

I BEEN waiting for that track lol

It works cuz Jay is still a great rapper and it's more than just him rapping about being rich and No ID is a great producer.
Kinda question is this? :lol:
a friend said ppl on their timeline was saying it was better than the blueprint which is why I asked. Of course I was skeptical

Album was cool, production cool, but not something I'll likely be coming back to repeatedly. 

Production wise its a CD full of album cut Hov tracks.

Lyrically if you're a fan of da smug pomposity self absorbed Jig that somehow is also introspective & still circumspect overall you'll love it.

I can see the Life Is Good comparisons. This really is some grown man music. Though I think the beats could be better, I'm pleasantly surprised at how good they are from start to finish. No instant skip songs. A very nice solid listen, and a lot of game given. This is exactly what I want to hear from him at this point. Played Caught Their Eyes, Bam, and Family Feud a bunch already. It also helps that this is under 40 minutes, so nothing wears on you. There's no beats that hit you like a FWMYKIGI, and any complaining about the production from me would be nit-picking.

Last edited:
Adnis will be on the physical copies. Possibly others too according to Guru....

Back
Top Bottom