+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Reasonable Doubt was really the first Jay album I heard cuz my brother was playing that and Vol. 3 in my mother's car. I thought that was a double disc at that time.

ill add that DMX's Debut type quieted Vol. 2's hype da second it dropped though...

im almost certain DMX was closing alot of those Hard knock life tour dates :lol:

Naw Vol 2 was bigger than flesh and it's dark. Vol 2 had too many dope singles. Juvie, X, and HOV had it on lock though.

Hov has improved his stage presence alot
Maybe, last I saw was WTT. I saw Blueprint 3 and Roc the Mic tour. Was disappointed every time.

Ain't No N gotta be one of Jay's worst songs ever.
I gotta agree with Ain't No N as a terrible pop song, but it legit made him famous back then. I was feeling Dead Presidents as soon as I heard it, but nobody cared, same with Can't Knock the Hustle. But Ain't No N got the women involved singing it and it took off from there.

ill add that DMX's Debut type quieted Vol. 2's hype da second it dropped though...

im almost certain DMX was closing alot of those Hard knock life tour dates :lol:

Naw Vol 2 was bigger than flesh and it's dark. Vol 2 had too many dope singles. Juvie, X, and HOV had it on lock though.

im talking bout Its Dark And Hell Is Hot.

flesh of my flesh was him playing with house money dropping 2 albums on 1 year.

I think Vol 2 and Its Dark sold about the same but It's Dark was bigger. X had Ruff Ryders Anthem, Get At Me, How it's Going Down, Stop Being Greedy. All them songs was big.

Last edited:
100% what Proposition Joe Proposition Joe said. My intro to RD was the exact same. Went back and checked it after BP1 cause everyone was comparing the two. My first Hov album was Volume 2.

Don't think I'm gonna get floor seats this time I did the last two times. It's lowkey over rated.

Last edited:
I think Vol 2 and Flesh Of My Flesh sold about the same but Flesh Of My Flesh was bigger. X had Ruff Ryders Anthem, Get At Me, How it's Going Down, Stop Being Greedy. All them songs was big.

Naw and then there was Was X was bigger but not his first 2

Last edited:
Look at all these off brand ******, runnin around yapping they be holding figures as big as J1ggas

Last edited:
My first hov album was The Dynasty

Got it as a gift from this girl in the 8th grade.

Took it home and played it on my dads sound system.

He turned it off and took it away maybe about a minute into the intro 
roll.gif

Didnt get it back until i was 17-18 
roll.gif

Thats why The Dynasty Intro one of the greatest album intros of all time

Last edited:
It's Dark was bigger than Vol 2 but both were huge. Vol 2 is one of my favorite Jay albums.

Vol 3 was nice too but a little too commercial.

I remember being hype for The Dynasty because it was gonna be a compilation album and not a Jay album but I played the **** out of it back then. I still like that album even though it gets shidded on.

I **** with all his albums from RD-TB and then after Blueprint I really don't give a **** about his music except for AG and 444

It's Dark was bigger than Vol 2. Vol 2 is trash. Only vol 2 i mess with has nba street in front of it.

Vol 3 was trash too and a little too commercial.

I remember being intrigued by The Dynasty because it was gonna be a compilation album and not a Jay album but I played only the tracks with beans. That album is trash except for beans and the intro but mainly cause of that beat

I don't **** with his albums except Blueprint(mainly cause of the beats) and half of the black album. I really don't give a **** about his music except for 4:44
fixed

Last edited:
X first album was bigger than Vol 2. X had multiple anthems on that album.

waaaay bigger.

Jay-Z wanted to hop over Ma$e with Vol. 2, he didn't factor DMX being a screaming meteorite slamming down to Earth da way he was with da way Its Dark did.

Yeah Harlem World was probably the biggest album at that time. Vol. 2 was up there though. That was a great time for NY hip hop now that I think about it.

i like hov, top 10 all time solid.... only thing that kinda kills me is da revisionist history love people laud over reasonable doubt, it wasn't getting that "love" off da bat in 1996, (it should've, but it didn't).

4:44 is getting a interesting reception in NYC...da kiddies are type indifferent about it, but my demographic love it (as they should, its great)

there's absolutely no club record to speak of, which is a 1st for jig...

and i think imma go see him at Nassau Coliseum, probably less of a headache.

I wish you dudes would stop this.

As if everyone had one thought.

If it didn't get love, how the hell did he end up at Def Jam . :stoneface:

It's Dark was bigger than Vol 2. Vol 2 is trash. Only vol 2 i mess with has nba street in front of it.

Vol 3 was trash too and a little too commercial.

I remember being intrigued by The Dynasty because it was gonna be a compilation album and not a Jay album but I played only the tracks with beans. That album is trash except for beans and the intro but mainly cause of that beat

I don't **** with his albums except Blueprint(mainly cause of the beats) and half of the black album. I really don't give a **** about his music except for 4:44
fixed

Nah fam, your Jay hate card is cancelled. Bought the album and considering the show.

i like hov, top 10 all time solid.... only thing that kinda kills me is da revisionist history love people laud over reasonable doubt, it wasn't getting that "love" off da bat in 1996, (it should've, but it didn't).

4:44 is getting a interesting reception in NYC...da kiddies are type indifferent about it, but my demographic love it (as they should, its great)

there's absolutely no club record to speak of, which is a 1st for jig...

and i think imma go see him at Nassau Coliseum, probably less of a headache.

I wish you dudes would stop this.

As if everyone had one thought.

If it didn't get love, how the hell did he end up at Def Jam . :stoneface:

nutty professor soundtrack, you forgot?

nutty professor soundtrack, you forgot?

They already had Foxy

Jay was on Priority. Def Jam brought Rocafella in.

You don't have to be on a label to be on a soundtrack. When Jay was on that sountrack he was on Priority. It was his single for Reasonable Doubt. If they thought he was a one hit wonder they could have used that song and let him stay on Priority.

You dudes keep acting like Reasonable Doubt flopped. It didn't. People who cared about lyrics knew how dope that record was.

He had Biggie and AZ in Dead Presidents. Mary on a single. Premier? Biggie on a song.

What do you dudes think Wu, Mic Geronimo, Big L, Bootcamp were doing back then in sales? It took years for Enter The Wu Tang to go platinum. So are you going to tell me that Enter The Wu wasn't well received and people slept on it, when it got the whole Clan solo deals.

So stop applying sales to how an album was received. When you do that, it shows me how much you don't know about rap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom