+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

You'll literaly never hear anyone say Fallin' is trash in person.

"Opinions" that ridiculous are only typed online for attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the two bricks new cars new whips
But ****** never learn till they end up in the news clip
The irony of sellin' drugs is sort of like you using it
Guess it's two sides to what substance abuse is

'Cause come January it gets cold
When the letters start to slow, when your commissary's low
And lawyers screams appeal only thinkin' about a bill
And your chances are nil damn gravity's ill

Song is so deep.

How can you not like fallin
Hmmm i don't know
Maybe
Because it's trash

This _ right here :lol:

Blue magic is dope to me [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Kingdome come is complete dog ****. The hell was he thinking when he recorded anything and Hollywood?? Cover is garbage also just a complete trash album

Blue magic is dope to me [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️

Kingdome come is complete dog ****. The hell was he thinking when he recorded anything and Hollywood?? Cover is garbage also just a complete trash album

Anything and Hollywood :x :x :x can't call it complete trash cause of Prelude, Minority Report, Dig A ***, Lost Ones, and 30 Something. It's definitely a bottom Jay-Z album though, if not dead last

Anything and Hollywood :x :x :x can't call it complete trash cause of Prelude, Minority Report, Dig A ***, Lost Ones, and 30 Something. It's definitely a bottom Jay-Z album though, if not dead last

30 something is trash and that dre beat was also. I'll give you the rest even though they felt half assed and rushed.

it also mattered in in da 90's cuz da label would drop you and your career was over.
on 1996 standards that joint was a dud, just keep it real b.

no one here slandering da body of work, what & alot of folks is concurring is Reasonable doubt got lost in da sauce in 1996.

Fugees, 2pac, It Was Written, Iron man, Hell on Earth, muddy waterz, etc. all lapped reasonable Doubt in critical Acclaim & album sales.

There you go with the album sales again :lol:

Stop talking about an era you obviously know nothing about, because you were to young or didn't have interest. By 96 standards it wasn't a dud, because people didn't talk about sales the way they do now. A dud is McGruff where you don't get a second opportunity for an album, much less moving to another major. Liquid Swords didn't go platinum until 2015. Was that a dud b? Only Built sold less than Tical, but what was considered the better album? Only Built was considered a dud, because it didn't sell as much as The Score?

People only knew about albums sales from a end of year Source article. They didn't get weekly update of album sales.

If you're from New York, were older than 14 and didn't know about that Jay album, it's you. If you were in to hip hop and lyrics you knew about Jay. Because you knew him from Jaz, Kane, Mic Geronimo and Big L. Because you listened to a certain type of rap . Just like you knew who Jeru was. Are you going to say Come Clean wasn't big next? To who, kids in Wisconsin?

Dudes need to stop talking about Reasonable Doubt like it was a Zhigge album. Like it was some obscure album few knew about. Jay-Z videos were getting played on Rap City. It got what, four mics in The Source when we still read it.

Those that knew knew. Maybe some of you were too young, but you should say that.

This is why I swear raps history is going to be rewritten, because too many of you do that sales **** and reducing careers to sales when hip hop was never about that. It didn't sell platinum the first week so nobody cared. You dudes are going to allow people to be erased from raps history because they didn't sell a ton of records. You'll see what I'm saying in ten years when kids will discuss rap today as Drake and Kendrick and completely ignore everyone else because they didn't sell as much.

I notice a lot of people just blindly repeat stuff they hear, when common sense is. Well why is the queen of hip hop soul and Big on it and his second album's single is The City Is Mine. Why did Def Jam take on a whole label.

Last edited:
I skip American Gangster, Success, Sweet and Hello Brooklyn sometimes because Wayne ruins that song. So it's four. Album is still fire though. I'm shocked to see Blue Magic hate, that's one of Pharrell's last dope songs before he went full clown mode.

Kingdom Come the song is my joint, used to play that all the time but the album was real bad.

Back
Top Bottom