+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

I was specifically talking about albums release in 1996 ... I was a heavy bone thugs listener too but they didn't drop **** in 96 ... 95 and 97 though ... Put 5 in it was the only Luniz song I listened too ..

I was also listening to a bunch of wack **** too because of the bankhead bounce. Joint was all over the South and West Coast ...

Also Goodie Mob Mystical and a bunch of other stuff but again back in 96 the ones I listed were on rotation heavy ...
put me on some of the bankhead bounce music...

Growing with this album more and more by the day & i absolutely don't think this is Jays last project at all. I'm thinking this is an actual restart to his career, this more spiritual/conscious Hov is gonna be his wave from now on. I think he's finally revealed his true purpose in rap as a teacher & using his massive influence for more prevalent things.

the detail in every bar, the 4:44 videos & notes, and the correlations of numerology used. This album is a bold display of change

Last edited:
The beat on the title track makes my soul bleed

Who you telling bro

That 4:44 beat when i first heard made my face look like I just ate lemons and sour patches

That legacy beat is smooth as silk, and the tone he raps on just fits perfect

I aint never repped Ninja so many times in one thread in 11 years.
He is absolutely right.
It aint about album sales true, but what he is saying is that people werent checking for his album IN 96.
People were talking about so many OTHER projects MORE than RD.
It doesnt mean that it was trash just that it was ahead of its time.

But you cant tell Magic nothing.
Once he think he knows something you are wasting your time.

Yeah, because nobody was checking for the album with Big and Mary on it. :lol:

and to add to Reasonable Doubt being slept on..
3 months in da 90's to go gold....

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&ar=JAY-Z&ti=REASONABLE+DOUBT

compare da same amount of time to Nas in 1996

with It Was Written.
https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&ar=NAS&ti=IT+WAS+WRITTEN

And Diplomatic Immunity was slept on because Speakerboxxx/Lovebelow sold more :stoneface:

Your whole argument of if _____ sold more than _____, that means it was slept on.

Kool G Rap never sold what Rakim or Kane did, is he slept on? Yet he has a 30 year career and influenced countless rappers.

Last edited:
Throughout his whole career jay z has had numerous lines admitting that reasonable doubt was slept on.

Last edited:
I mean honestly who cares how the album was viewed when it came out, Point is it is probably THE album, in a catalog of one of the greatest artist of all time. How's that for recognition.

Also kind of crazy how Jays spiritual muses seem to change throughout his career. came a real long way from "the only psalms i read was on the arms of my ******". dude throws more and more spiritual **** in throughout the album.

I mean honestly who cares how the album was viewed when it came out, Point is it is probably THE album, in a catalog of one of the greatest artist of all time. How's that for recognition.

Also kind of crazy how Jays spiritual muses seem to change throughout his career. came a real long way from "the only psalms i read was on the arms of my ******". dude throws more and more spiritual **** in throughout the album.

That's the thing it's not a big deal that the album was kinda overlooked.

Like I said, Liquid Swords is slept on too, huh. Because it took 20 years to go platinum. :lol:

This argument is silly for anyone who doesn't know.

Because anyone who does know, knows it took a while for Ironman, Supreme Clientel, Doe or Die...etc etc to go platinum.

You can't tell me you were in New York and not 5 at the time and didn't know about Reasonable Doubt.

When everything from a single on a popular Soundtrack. Mary/Big and it getting him on Def Jam and even more push, says otherwise.

Actually, Kool G Rap IS slept on :lol:

And I don't even know what the Dips/OutKast thing is

because it didn't sell as many as Outkast. That has been NInja's argument the whole time.

Magic STILL won't concede [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️. Now Ninja must know how we feel talking to him in the political thread :lol:. Inception.

HOV HIMSELF SAID NUMEROUS TIMES REASONABLE DOUBT WAS SLEPT ON

What else is there to really say man. Idk how that escapes you.

Oh we gon' reach a billi' first
I told my wife this spiritual **** really work

the theory of him & Beyonce literally assuming the roles of ancient Gods/Orishas in the santeria religion seemed odd at first but looking at the imagery and lyrics all over again it's pretty dope.

Spirituality has always been a constant theme in his music. Just under a thick veil. This dude came up under Jaz who introduced Jay to the Five Percent Nation. 
The percentage who don't understand, is higher than the percentage who do
Check yourself, what percentage is you?
That's from RD. 

Magic STILL won't concede [emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127998[/emoji]‍♂️. Now Ninja must know how we feel talking to him in the political thread :lol:. Inception.

HOV HIMSELF SAID NUMEROUS TIMES REASONABLE DOUBT WAS SLEPT ON

What else is there to really say man. Idk how that escapes you.
bruh he still doesn't know how he feel .. No matter what thread .. He is always arguing. Dudes analogies and comparison are off the wall and then he be changing the goal post. I still love him .. He makes me feel better about life in general ....

Don't ever change magic.

Back in 96 I was listening to

The Score
Makavelli
ATLiens
All Eyes on Me
Ridin Dirty
Muddy Waters
Bow Down
And surprisingly enough
Hard Core (solo)

I heard. jay Z songs here and there but never listen to the album until years later.

SMH

96 I was listening to Tribe, Kast, Fugees, Bone Thugs, Luniz, all the old Bad Boy ****, Redman, a whole bunch of other stuff. I didn't get into NY stuff until way later.

Over half that list is from NY or Jersey.

the theory of him & Beyonce literally assuming the roles of ancient Gods/Orishas in the santeria religion seemed odd at first but looking at the imagery and lyrics all over again
Spirituality has always been a constant theme in his music. Just under a thick veil. This dude came up under Jaz who introduced Jay to the Five Percent Nation. 

That's from RD. 

this is a fact, but unless your around people who speak that Lingo you would never know & he's done that all throughout his career. This album is the first time he's been 1000% clear in what he's saying and who he's directing it at. Hence why i think his flow isn't as sharp on some tracks. He seemed like he was trying to be as blatant as possible on this project, he made a "smart" album but had to dumb down his wordplay to get the message across.

My saint's Changó, light a candle
El Gran Santo on the mantle
Case y'all didn't know, I speak Spanish too

Been spitting that Verse for years and those few bars never hit me until i got more information. all the Illuminati talk was rapid during that era, and he's sitting here talking about African/spanish dieties & ****.

Over half that list is from NY or Jersey.
he still doesn't get that man ...

I think the first song I heard Jay Z in 96 was Bomb First where 2 Pac refer to Jay Z from Hawaiian Sofie Or some ****. LoL ... Not until Vol 2 was I looking for his CD and Music ... Before that did I hear him yes but occasionally.. Never paid attention unfortunately.

I hate to say it but this 4:44 album is boring as hell

I used to complain about and the same old drug dealing raps coming from jay z I should have kept quiet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom