+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

jay-z has definitely lost more than a step, but why in the blue hell would i wanna push j cole.

dude is three hour lecture boring.

dude had me when her dropped simba, then he dropped that paula abdul joint. you know it was curtains.

see i've always found Jay to be extremly boring myself

jay-z has definitely lost more than a step, but why in the blue hell would i wanna push j cole.

dude is three hour lecture boring.

dude had me when her dropped simba, then he dropped that paula abdul joint. you know it was curtains.
see i've always found Jay to be extremly boring myself
nah 

i feel you. one thing about me is that people can listen to whatever they want.

the only thing the ever wierds me out are people who say they dont like music in general

The crazy part that none of my problems come from people not liking Jay-Z its more of them not liking the the things he represents.

With this release and Kanye release the main focus from both seemingly is to make Art and get it to the people as quick as possible because they don't like the way music is going. The constant in all these arguments are "I wish he would go back to Album X blah blah blah" "That ain't real hip hop blah blah blah"

Dudes in general have a problem with progression it isn't even the music, dudes just don't want their scenery changed at all and they are rattled by two of hiphops biggest faces trying to make the culture expand. Dudes legitimately had a mini doc featuring some of the most legendary producers in hiphop history in a room vibing and creating and cats are in hear talking bout that's not hiphop.

Dudes legitimately had a mini doc featuring some of the most legendary producers in hiphop history in a room vibing and creating and cats are in hear talking bout that's not hiphop.
sad state of affairs.  it aint even the older heads complaining. i think its more the cats who slurp dipset, drake, chief keef type dudes who are genuinely angry

sad state of affairs.  it aint even the older heads complaining. i think its more the cats who slurp dipset, drake, chief keef type dudes who are genuinely angry

Wait. People still sweat dipset? I thought those dudes were clowns over 10 years ago!

I agree. Half dozen legendary producers all working together. I literally turned down the music at my bar last night during the commercial because EVERYONE was trying to see what was going on in the documentary.

Fools thinking thats not hip hop.

i love dipset and thought the vibe was cool him lockin in with other legends and them all chopping it up that ***** super dope

I just dont enjoy hearing Jay rap i'm a huge fan of how he's played the hand he was delt tho if you dont respect dude on that tip you're just hating

because son is brilliant and yea he does rip other people off in terms of ideas but thats wat big business is and he is big business

The crazy part that none of my problems come from people not liking Jay-Z its more of them not liking the the things he represents.

With this release and Kanye release the main focus from both seemingly is to make Art and get it to the people as quick as possible because they don't like the way music is going. The constant in all these arguments are "I wish he would go back to Album X blah blah blah" "That ain't real hip hop blah blah blah"

Dudes in general have a problem with progression it isn't even the music, dudes just don't want their scenery changed at all and they are rattled by two of hiphops biggest faces trying to make the culture expand. Dudes legitimately had a mini doc featuring some of the most legendary producers in hiphop history in a room vibing and creating and cats are in hear talking bout that's not hiphop.

I think it's because this so called "progression" isn't always that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying something different but just because it's different doesn't mean its good. No one's saying he has to make Reasonable Doubt over and over again, but I don't think you can sit here and tell me a few bars about his relationship with Obama, throw in something about him being the black whoever, along with the yacht along the French Riviera is progress.

Now I do agree that yes, some of the criticism is unwarranted but the legit points people bring up are immediately shot down by the stans. There's no objectivity at all when it comes to certain artists and I think that's why you end up with the dudes on the other end of the extreme.

With that being said, I'm willing to give Jay a chance and see what he manages to create this time around. I liked the mini doc, I always enjoy seeing the creative process behind the actual music itself.

Last edited:
i love dipset and thought the vibe was cool him lockin in with other legends and them all chopping it up that ***** super dope

I just dont enjoy hearing Jay rap i'm a huge fan of how he's played the hand he was delt tho if you dont respect dude on that tip you're just hating

because son is brilliant and yea he does rip other people off in terms of ideas but thats wat big business is and he is big business

QFT

Somebody already said it Jay is a leech that is %100 correct Leeched off Nas,Lupe,Kanye you name it but like my man just said its business when its all said and done So I aint never mad at him for it

Get yo money

On another note whatever happen to the Jay Elect album dude been M.I.A since snaggin that rothschild chic

I remember reading Hov said it was the greatest album he ever heard in his life Why haven't we got it yet

That being said and Hov being the leech\biter some of us know he is hopefully he bit off a chunk of Jay Elect lyrically and we get a nice balance of production and lyrics

He can't go wrong musically with those guys although I hate Swizz He's the weakest of the crew I wish he gave Just Blaze his spot

you're like a damb enigma when it comes to music forum posters.

i can only say respect and tip my hat.

Jay-Z and progression in the same sentence is damn near comical. His music hasn't progressed in sometime. I don't listen to tastemakers and bloggers when critiquing music. Those guys will say anything to remain in his good graces. Hearing him rap about how much money he has, traveling and name dropping reminds me of 90s mafioso/bling bling era rap. American Gangster gave him the excuse to rap about drugs and money again because he had nothing else to talk about. He nor Kanye have brought anything to the table the last couple of projects including WTT. Sounding "different" doesn't mean progress.

If Jay does a tape, it's for a purpose.

To market a movie, or his sports agency, or some ****.
wow, post was pretty accurate. 
glasses.gif

I have my moments.....

J Cole, Kanye West, Wale & Jay all drop w/n a month from one another & Jay getting $$$ off of all 4 of those...

But this dude really brought it all together and was the first to mention Samsung. And yes, it's crazy how RocNation is bodying the summer.

Ye "Big Brother came through and kicked my @#$"

Can't wait HOVA :smokin

Uhhh NO!!!

As has been the case for many years now, Big Brother came through and bit off lil brotha's innovative formula.

2007: "First I did a song wit' Coldplay, next thing I know he got a song wit' Coldplay"

2013: "Had Rick Ruben producing the album, next thing I know he got Rick producing his album"

I really wish y'all could see Jay for the leech that he is...:lol:

I was one of the dudes that said Jay has a knack for aligning himself with people at the right time and that it's a big part of how he manages to stay relevant (***** Don't Kill My Vibe RMX, Suit And Tie + tour are recent examples), but this is way off base.

First off, you are familiar with the song 99 Problems?

And second, it sounds like Jay's album is done. All the marketing looks like it's been set up for a bit now.

Meanwhile, Rick was brought in last minute on Kanye's album. Possibly because he was already working with Jay?

So you may have it completely backwards.....

Last edited:
I think it's because this so called "progression" isn't always that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying something different but just because it's different doesn't mean its good. No one's saying he has to make Reasonable Doubt over and over again, but I don't think you can sit here and tell me a few bars about his relationship with Obama, throw in something about him being the black whoever, along with the yacht along the French Riviera is progress.

Now I do agree that yes, some of the criticism is unwarranted but the legit points people bring up are immediately shot down by the stans. There's no objectivity at all when it comes to certain artists and I think that's why you end up with the dudes on the other end of the extreme.

With that being said, I'm willing to give Jay a chance and see what he manages to create this time around. I liked the mini doc, I always enjoy seeing the creative process behind the actual music itself.

I feel you to an extent on the progression tip. there are times when the whole ballin mantra can be to much. But when it comes to incorporating different sounds and genres into hip hop Jay and Kanye have been pushing the envelope on what a hip hop album sounds like. When you listen to both of their last two albums (watch the throne, some of blueprint3, and MBDTF) and you'll see the use of different sounds and approaches that normally aren't used in the realm of hip hop. Although some people may hate the fact that their music sounds "different" or "unconventional" its somewhat needed in a genre that's starting to get stale and repetitive. (with a close minded fanbase)

Although you do have artist that have made a somewhat typical and good hip hop album like Kendrick, A$AP, everyone else has been making the same BS music they made before.

this is where music is going....a prop to glorified product placement, hope ya happy.

Really this is why modern "entertainment", music, radio, tv, movies, etc. , exist. It's all about corporate synergy. Mediums like radio/tv soley exist only to sell advertising, content is secondary.

there are times when the whole ballin mantra can be to much
I agree with this point to a certain extent, but to me it's more so a statement against other rappers that do it, not Jay, Kanye, 50 Cent, or anyone along those lines.  Meaning the rappers that fall outside of the annual Forbes Top 10 richest rappers list, depending on how accurate that is of course.  To me, a large part of hip hop has become all about the "ballin mantra" that you speak of, and the vast majority of rappers that talk about ballin aren't really ballin, especially compared to the likes of Jay, Diddy, or Kanye, generally speaking.  I mean, I haven't read up on Jay's newest deal with Samsung but if the dollar amount deal below is true..............
So he does a 24 million dollar deal to release a album for free; genius.
how can you really knock a guy that brags or talks the way Jay does.  Sure it may be too much at times, depending on your view point, but at the end of the day it's all true. 

Last edited:
there are times when the whole ballin mantra can be to much
I agree with this point to a certain extent, but to me it's more so a statement against other rappers that do it, not Jay, Kanye, 50 Cent, or anyone along those lines.  Meaning the rappers that fall outside of the annual Forbes Top 10 richest rappers list, depending on how accurate that is of course.  To me, a large part of hip hop has become all about the "ballin mantra" that you speak of, and the vast majority of rappers that talk about ballin aren't really ballin, especially compared to the likes of Jay, Diddy, or Kanye, generally speaking.  I mean, I haven't read up on Jay's newest deal with Samsung but if the dollar amount deal below is true..............
So he does a 24 million dollar deal to release a album for free; genius.
how can you really knock a guy that brags or talks the way Jay does.  Sure it may be too much at times, depending on your view point, but at the end of the day it's all true. 
All of this. I tried to think of something to add to this but couldnt.

The bolded is in a nutshell the Jay-Z paradox.

Personally, I don't need a new Jay-Z album. And I don't think Jay-Z needs to make a new album. But why the hell not? He's free to make music until he's old and gray. And I'm free to listen or not listen. If its hot I'll praise it. If it's trash I'll pan it. But the whole apathy towards Jay's success is fascinating to me. We want artists to be successful...until they're successful. From those that try to knock him musically, to those that try to knock his business acumen. Clearly the guy is doing a lot of things right. More power to him. Reading those ATrak tweets are just weird to me. There has to be a story now to strike a deal that benefits you and the company with which your dealing? Lol. How about its just fantastic business sense? Jay wins, Samsung wins, the record label wins, the fans win. What is there to complain about!? No story? Man look lol

Great post an I agree with you 100%. As a Jay fan I feel the same way but some people in here are so not objective at all. It is laughable to me that someone would hate one another man's success or a great business move. The crabs in a barrel mentality that plagues the hip-hop fanbase community needs to end.

This makes me THAT much happier I bought tickets to the JT/JZ tour. I was kind of regretting it, like do I REALLY need to see Jay do the same songs all over again?

I have pretty high expectations for this album. If Jay raps the way he did on WTT and has good production, it should be :smokin

I mean... dude just took ALL of Kanye's shine, said eff your marketing scheme, or non marketing scheme, or whatever.

And with that album title... "Holy Grail".. this better be a great album. None of that Kingdom Come, Blueprint 3 garbage.

Back
Top Bottom