+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

what other plat artists are dropping albums?

the music gonna stay weak so trash artist can survive

That's what I'm saying. We shouldn't have to depend on on the usual "plat artist" to provide a decent piece of work.

Kendrick is an example of being able to put out quality music and being able to sell.

Some of these other guys need to step up.

beach is better slaps od. Wish it was longer like come on 
mean.gif

its straight fire

If you guys can't see that the marketplace doesn't give a damn about Jay-Z you're lost. The only reason he has a career is because he has name recognition and a certain coolness middle aged white people accept, so big corporations get behind him and force his struggle bars down their throats. This music is not for anyone under 25 yo. It's old people music, people in their Ford Escape's listen to while stuck in traffic and feel hip for 20 minutes.

Only people hype for this are old dudes, like 28 yo or older who probably shouldn't even be listening to rap anymore.
This music is not for anyone under 25 yo. It's old people music, people in their Ford Escape's listen to while stuck in traffic and feel hip for 20 minutes.
YOU (HoldenCaulfield) should follow your own advice champ as stated below in bold................

Listen to that Forbes interview, reminds me of that Mark Twain(?) quote, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

If you guys can't see that the marketplace doesn't give a damn about Jay-Z you're lost. The only reason he has a career is because he has name recognition and a certain coolness middle aged white people accept, so big corporations get behind him and force his struggle bars down their throats. This music is not for anyone under 25 yo. It's old people music, people in their Ford Escape's listen to while stuck in traffic and feel hip for 20 minutes.
First its "no one over 28 should be listening to rap" now its "No one under 25 should be listening to this". I should have known better SMH. Deuce King beat me by 58 seconds. Great minds think alike.

Last edited:

Joined Today at 7:22 am

in 10 years you can make a new screen name and say the same thing

You're "really doing it" 8)

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are running off fumes of Kanye's "aura". Cause not one person I talked to could break down Kanye's album from a musical standpoint other than "He's doing something different".
Take it to the Yeezus thread.

I'll meet you there later.  You just might get served.

you_got_served.jpg

jesus christ this steve urkel, i just read catcher in the rye, so im smarter than every jerome in the freshman class of my urban high school, i probably listen to pink floyd and obscure japanese rock, and classical music, i only watch documentaries on netflix and roll my weed on ogranic hemp paper. 

they say education is the greatest weapons. what happens when they give it to a functioning autisitc.

waits for this troll to start calling everyone phonies and fakes as he wears his hunting cap.

Wow this album is worse then I thought

Production is lacking

flows are avg

lyrics are sick and flabby

hooks are lame

most of the features are wack

the trend/**** riding is as bad as ever (molly, twerk, basquiat references for days, ugh)

I know you a bunissman jay but its time to put the mic down. You had a great run. Stay behind the scenes

In this thread: Jay-Z stans who are approaching or surpassed 30 yo getting tight as they learn Jay-Z is for old people. Props to Samsung, Live Nation, et al. and all the marketing behind the project. They clearly brainwashed y'all into thinking this corny old man and his struggle bars are still hip.

Last edited:
Jay-Z 43

Nas 39

Pharrell 40

Timbaland 41

Rick Rubin 50

Tired of the media trying to convince us these old men are hip. They're all washed.
In this thread: Jay-Z stans who are approaching or surpassed 30 yo getting tight as they learn Jay-Z is for old people. Props to Samsung, Live Nation, et al. and all the marketing behind the project. They clearly brainwashed y'all into thinking this corny old man and his struggle bars are still hip.

I never seen ninja show Jay so much love 

Cuz im a REAL music fan...i dont have biased

Towards jay-z..so when he drops garbage like

Kingdom come i dont have a invested interest in

Callin something thats turd worthy hot. When he

Does drop fire i got no problems callin a spade a

A spade.

And other people arent? Calling Kingdom Come a great album (which it was) doesnt have anything to do with being a real music fan or being biased. Is this album way better? Yes. Does that mean that Kingdom Come sucks? No. I can see where DK is coming from, if I didnt have a Samsung phone IDK if I would have went and found it, BP3 was the only album I didnt wait until release day to listen to, that was mainly becuase half of it was on every hip-hop site before release. By that point you heard all five singles, Venus Vs Mars, We Off That, and the first verse of What We Talking About. I didnt even get the app for this, didnt read any of the lyrics, any of that. Didnt want to spoil it for myself.

Kingdom come is trash ESPECIALLY as a

Follow up to da black album, let it go.

What does age have to do with hip hop..I'm going see Kane this weekend at essence fest...long live the legends

Ya;ll kill me lol. The hip hop fan in 2013 sucks..I hear and see people talking about how rappers don't have it no more....man ya'll fans suck and social media has ruined ya'll. Dudes judging a album after the ish just dropped or leaked about 2 days ago? If Ready To Die dropped in 2013 I guarantee you dudes would hate on it for having too many samples...Jay can't please you dudes...my only criticism(only heard the album once) is Pharrell and Jay don't need to work together. I like Pharrell's music but man I can't take that chiddy chiddy bang bang he giving Jay man....

Magna Carta Holy Grail is about a 6.5-7/10 for me.

To me, he's rapping okay/good. Just like with Born Sinner, if this album came out years ago, it would be awesome. But in today's Hip-Hop world, it's the melodies, and harmonies in Hip-Hop that take a rap record to the next level. (For me at least)

And I think that's what's lacking the most on this project. He's rapping well, but the flows are basic, and the lyrics can get a bit lazy and basic at times. But then again, I never hailed Jay-Z in that "G.O.A.T." light anyway.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by the album in that I really enjoyed it for the most part. Somewhereinamerica, Tom Ford, Holy Grail, Jay-Z blue, Oceans, & On The Run were the joints I dug the most.

Overall, its just a good rap album. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think a lot of people are running off fumes of Kanye's "aura". Cause not one person I talked to could break down Kanye's album from a musical standpoint other than "He's doing something different".

Take it to the Yeezus thread.

I'll meet you there later.  You just might get served.

you_got_served.jpg

029887_33.jpg

:lol:

600full-you-got-served%3A-beat-the-world-screenshot.jpg

Bring it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom