*** OFFICIAL JDM CAR THREAD ***

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Sputnik, I'm still mad you took the Nissan badge off your car. Incredible.

I think it looks cleaner. 
laugh.gif
i always get people like "%#*# is that"

ABANDONED SKYLINES

Skylines-01.jpg

This is so bizarre. Last Friday, after I shot a few drift cars at Nikko circuit, I was on my way to the actual historical town of Nikko, to relax for a bit before heading up to Ebisu for the Drift Matsuri. As I set the Audi S4 I was driving on cruise control, l sat back and enjoyed some tunes from the crisp Bang & Olufsen audio system. After cruising for twenty minutes or so I suddenly had to hit the brakes and pull a U-turn. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had just driven by an abandoned gas station with three neglected vintage Skylines lined up next to each other. I parked up and got the camera out.

Skylines-02.jpg

It was such an eerie feeling standing in this deserted place; there was nobody to be seen, only myself and these rusted out Skylines.

Skylines-18.jpg

I tried to imagine what could possibly be the reason for allowing such cars to decay away like this...

Skylines-03.jpg

...and I couldn't help but think that there might still be a possibility to salvage them.

Skylines-04.jpg

The engine had been removed from each of these C10s but the interiors didn't seem to look too bad.

Skylines-05.jpg

This coupe Hakosuka was even fitted with RS Watanabe wheels.

Skylines-21.jpg

I couldn't figure out which model this one was, it looked like the Touring Deluxe but I'm pretty sure that had six square tail lights.

Skylines-09.jpg

The front was in pretty bad shape so not too many hints to be found there.

Skylines-08.jpg

I wanted to grab one of them and bring it back home!

Skylines-13.jpg

This is what the view looked like from the road.

Skylines-15.jpg

I tried to walk around the premises to see if anyone was around but didn't have any luck...

Skylines-24.jpg

...even the building next door, a barbershop, seemed to be deserted. I found this rusted out Datsun Fairlady (Datsun Sports outside of Japan) parked outside, it didn't look like it got much use but at least it still had number plates on it.

Skylines-25.jpg

Back at the Shell gas station I had a look at the inside of the shop through the window. It was a disaster inside, tons of crap lying around but among this I spotted a few nice bits like these old school (Work?) wheels...

Skylines-26.jpg

...and some old steering wheels thrown onto a sofa. Pretty crazy right? Anyway I thought it would be cool to share these pictures with you, it's not every day you see something like that! I will need to explore more of the Tochigi-ken countryside once I'm up there next!

-Dino Dalle Carbonare

How reliable are 95' and up 240sx's? They're kind of growing on me but I wanna make sure they're reliable and easy to maintain.

One of my friends was telling me all kinds of cool stuff. Like how EG's are so popular in Japan that they're still being produced.

Another that pretty much all civics in Japan came with b16
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I want to go to Japan so bad

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

One of my friends was telling me all kinds of cool stuff. Like how EG's are so popular in Japan that they're still being produced.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Still being produced? Really?

I know everyone loves the Hakosuka, but how come there's never any love for the Kenmeri?
smh.gif

GT-RC110.jpg

GT-RC110rear.jpg

But since everyone does love the Hakosuka...
C10GT-R.jpg

C10GT-Rrear.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif

You must also believe that gullible isn't in the dictionary.

One last thing... Am I the only one who's never understood the appeal of EG6s? I mean, I understand if it's an SiR or something, but why are they so popular?

*edit, yuku buggin

I think eg are so popular because theyre a light chassis

Originally Posted by PremeOne

ABANDONED SKYLINES

thats it,
sick.gif
pimp.gif
Im going to japan to find a rolling KPGC10 shell

Originally Posted by PremeOne

How reliable are 95' and up 240sx's? They're kind of growing on me but I wanna make sure they're reliable and easy to maintain.

any car is reliable is properly maintained, but yea they are. For more info on s14 or any other nissan check out nicoclub forums
pimp.gif

there are a couple of NTers there
nerd.gif

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/183490

Reliability:

Generally all American 240SX’s were very reliable. Rust remains a major concern for any vehicle, not just the 240SX. Major areas to look for when purchasing a used 240SX are the rear wheel-well, under the driver’s and passenger’s doors, and the front wheel-wells. The muffler or exhaust system may have rusted through and require replacement.

Take the car out for a drive if possible. Pay careful attention to the sounds the engine makes. The engine is an iron-block inline 4 with a forged crank and is generally extremely reliable. However, because of its long stroke, the engine is more susceptible to damage from over-revving it. The engine should sound smooth and deliver its power up to around 5500RPM, at which point the power will diminish slowly to the redline of 6900RPM. If there are any ticking or clicking noises, check the timing chain. Many KA24 engines wear away at the timing chain guides which are made of plastic. If they are worn, you can either remove them entirely or replace them. If the engine has problems, KA24E or KA24DE replacement engines are very easy to find.

In the S13, the digital heads-up display often malfunctions or does not work at all. Most people choose to remove the unit entirely, citing it as more trouble than its worth.

this is why I love Nissan, RB25DE(?) hakosuka
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and yea stageas are
pimp.gif

796191BlackStagea.jpg

How much would it cost to get a Nissan Stagea RS4 to the states?
Just give me a general price range.
I know nothing about the whole JDM deal except for how nice those cars are.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Still being produced? Really?

My bad I misunderstood my homie, what he meant was there were still making OEM parts for those cars.

Thought so, there's no way they're still making those.
laugh.gif

Loving that Rocky Auto GT-R vid, I want one!

NoSlckRemarks it's going to cost a lot. A LOT
I was thinking bout bringing a supra or skyline over so I got on forums.
Read stories of guys spending 20g+ just to bring em over here and to pass emission test .
One horror story I came accross was about a guy who spent 30g and didn't pass emissions. His skyline got impounded and crushed.

This thread is much appreciated. Never thought I'd see something like this on NT but it's a pleasant surprise. I've had a few Nissans and Hondas but I don't have any pics except for my last car. My 2000 Turbo GSR sold her back in early '06. I'm looking to get back into something this summer I'm just not sure which route I want to take. I really want to do a CTR Hatch but that S2K is high on my list as well. Anyway keep the pics coming this is some serious inspiration lol.

My DC2:

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

One last thing... Am I the only one who's never understood the appeal of EG6s? I mean, I understand if it's an SiR or something, but why are they so popular?

Cheap, light chasis, easy to pass emissions and easy for motor swaps. I would love to get one and throw a K series in it
pimp.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/YgkfHjvkNqg?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/YgkfHjvkNqg?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/2BsnEK5eO5M?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/2BsnEK5eO5M?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Back
Top Bottom