Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

STRICTLY on the SPECIFIC example of positing that the Knicks could at least be marginally successful like the last time D'Antoni and Amare were paired with a legit PG, I definitely see your point.

But overall, I'm just not a comparisons person, for reasons already explained by myself and Scientific.

I seriously roll my eyes almost every time I hear an analyst throw out a comparison to a superstar, or one of the best.

I deplore comparisons, and I wouldn't find comparisons as deplorable if there were more people out there making comparisons to guys like Shane Battier, José Calderon, Kendall Gill. Why does it have to be the best of the best?
laugh.gif

I'll tell you someone who makes comparisons every once in a while that aren't over sensationalized: Hubie Brown. I've heard him make comparisons to guys like Antonio Davis or Marc Jackson.
Comparisons are what we do.  That doesn't mean there aren't bad comparisons.  I agree with you that comparing Jeremy Lin to Steve Nash is a bad comparison.  People who've been making John Stockton to JLin comparisons, Steve Nash to JLin comparisons aren't watching Jeremy Lin closely enough and are just simply throwing names out there.

For the record, the person I think who plays most like Nash is Barea.  Again, not to say that Barea plays anywhere near the same level as Nash ... but when I was watching him on the Mavericks in the playoffs, there were stuff that Barea did that was very Nash like. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

STRICTLY on the SPECIFIC example of positing that the Knicks could at least be marginally successful like the last time D'Antoni and Amare were paired with a legit PG, I definitely see your point.

But overall, I'm just not a comparisons person, for reasons already explained by myself and Scientific.

I seriously roll my eyes almost every time I hear an analyst throw out a comparison to a superstar, or one of the best.

I deplore comparisons, and I wouldn't find comparisons as deplorable if there were more people out there making comparisons to guys like Shane Battier, José Calderon, Kendall Gill. Why does it have to be the best of the best?
laugh.gif

I'll tell you someone who makes comparisons every once in a while that aren't over sensationalized: Hubie Brown. I've heard him make comparisons to guys like Antonio Davis or Marc Jackson.
Comparisons are what we do.  That doesn't mean there aren't bad comparisons.  I agree with you that comparing Jeremy Lin to Steve Nash is a bad comparison.  People who've been making John Stockton to JLin comparisons, Steve Nash to JLin comparisons aren't watching Jeremy Lin closely enough and are just simply throwing names out there.

For the record, the person I think who plays most like Nash is Barea.  Again, not to say that Barea plays anywhere near the same level as Nash ... but when I was watching him on the Mavericks in the playoffs, there were stuff that Barea did that was very Nash like. 

^you laughing at me? why is that funny?

watch clips of how nash probes the paint and how he keeps the dribble alive in heavy traffic while making consecutive loops around the basket without passing or shooting.

barea was doing the same thing in the playoffs last year.

^you laughing at me? why is that funny?

watch clips of how nash probes the paint and how he keeps the dribble alive in heavy traffic while making consecutive loops around the basket without passing or shooting.

barea was doing the same thing in the playoffs last year.

I don't think he has quite the skill set as Nash, Nash can throw left handed passes in traffic off the dribble, I haven't seen Jeremy do that, not saying he can't, but the Nash comparisons aren't accurate to me.

I don't think he has quite the skill set as Nash, Nash can throw left handed passes in traffic off the dribble, I haven't seen Jeremy do that, not saying he can't, but the Nash comparisons aren't accurate to me.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

obviously Nash and Rubio are better passers. Bynum said that Lin is more aggressive going to the rim than Nash. harlemtothebronx knows why the Nash comparisons are made and it's mostly outside the skillset and more to do how well he can run the system.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

obviously Nash and Rubio are better passers. Bynum said that Lin is more aggressive going to the rim than Nash. harlemtothebronx knows why the Nash comparisons are made and it's mostly outside the skillset and more to do how well he can run the system.

Back
Top Bottom