Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by sStutter

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by IVER131

All this talk about Lin getting exposed is ******ed. Mavs beat Heat last year does that mean the Heat got exposed? No they were and still are a great team. Lin already set a new record for most pts and asts combined in 1st ten games. Expose that.
Side note Stephen A Smith is an idiot. Case closed.
Did the Mavs not expose the Heat last finals? 
Just because someone is great at something that doesn't mean they cannot be exposed. 

Was lebron not exposed for giving up his last season with the Cavs? How many accolades has Lebron acquired? Way more than Lin. Does that mean they cannot be exposed? 

Its crazy how some people cannot accept the fact that a player can and will take criticism. You guys want everyone to slurp dude up? Yeah his story is an amazing one, but so was the homeless guy with the radio voices story. Does that mean these dudes can not and will not be pointed out on their flaws? Obama is the first black president. His story is HISTORICAL. But does that mean that he will not face criticism? 

Get over the fact that dude has a compelling story, and look at it for what it is. BASKETBALL. As a BASKETBALL player, the dude was shut down. Was he shut down as a Harvard student? No. Was he shut down as the kid that went undrafted and got a chance? No. He was exposed from his inability to handle the pressure of a top tier team in the league. What the heck is so hard to understand about that? 

You guys get so defensive about everyone not loving your new favorite player that you're blinded by the reality of everything. 

Dudes are quick to jump for joy hyping dude up when he beats the Lakers, but the moment he loses to the Heat its "give the dude a break"
Just want to point one out thing. I see what you're saying, but I think most people are using the term "exposed" in a "he was exposed to be a SCRUB" type of manner. Other people, when saying Lin was exposed last night, are implying that he was exposed to be a sub-great player (which you obviously don't agree with, since in your previous post, you mentioned that you still think he is a great player). In a sense, while going along with the general usage of the word on NT, the Heat were not exposed per se by the Mavs, since they're balling lights out this year and have more than established that they're a powerhouse team. Same goes for LeBron, who didn't get exposed in the usual sense by the Celtics, considering he's the best player in the league today (and coming from a Lakers fan). But in the way you're using the word--i.e. having your flaws picked apart/outplayed badly--yeah, they were all exposed.
For the record, I agree with you in that Jeremy was picked apart like a toy last night but still is a great player that'll only get better with time.
Yeah, and thats exactly where I was coming from fam. Me saying he was exposed meant that the Heat clearly showed Lin what he needs to work on if he wants to face a team like them and come out with a win. Lin was on a hot streak; at the top of his own mountain. He can only get better if he faces an even higher mountain with more obstacles. 
Being exposed doesn't always mean "HAH! I TOLD YOU HE WAS GARBAGE! NOW THE WHOLE WORLD WILL SEE!" 

Lin is showing that he has a much better head on his shoulders than Smush and Kwame, he wasn't exposed like them. Lin being exposed is him facing an opponent that will make him work harder to be a better player. Its more exposing to himself than anyone else, and thats what he needs. The Heat played their game and Lin couldn't take it. That means he needs to work on what he messed up on and come back next time fighting harder. 

That in my opinion is Lin being "exposed". Sometimes you need to have that exposed so you'll know what it takes to get better. 

Originally Posted by Sole MAX

PRIME, lets be real. Everyone is not expected to do well. I know for sure that Laker fans don't expect Luke Walton to do well when he gets on the court. Cmon now.

Yeah but thats the thing, fans pick and choose favorites. GM's pick and choose with hopes of everyone coming in and turning their franchise around. 

Originally Posted by PRIME

All this talk about Lin getting exposed is ******ed. Mavs beat Heat last year does that mean the Heat got exposed? No they were and still are a great team. Lin already set a new record for most pts and asts combined in 1st ten games. Expose that.
Side note Stephen A Smith is an idiot. Case closed.
Did the Mavs not expose the Heat last finals? 
Just because someone is great at something that doesn't mean they cannot be exposed. 

Was lebron not exposed for giving up his last season with the Cavs? How many accolades has Lebron acquired? Way more than Lin. Does that mean they cannot be exposed? 

Its crazy how some people cannot accept the fact that a player can and will take criticism. You guys want everyone to slurp dude up? Yeah his story is an amazing one, but so was the homeless guy with the radio voices story. Does that mean these dudes can not and will not be pointed out on their flaws? Obama is the first black president. His story is HISTORICAL. But does that mean that he will not face criticism? 

Get over the fact that dude has a compelling story, and look at it for what it is. BASKETBALL. As a BASKETBALL player, the dude was shut down. Was he shut down as a Harvard student? No. Was he shut down as the kid that went undrafted and got a chance? No. He was exposed from his inability to handle the pressure of a top tier team in the league. What the heck is so hard to understand about that? 

You guys get so defensive about everyone not loving your new favorite player that you're blinded by the reality of everything. 

Dudes are quick to jump for joy hyping dude up when he beats the Lakers, but the moment he loses to the Heat its "give the dude a break"
Just want to point one out thing. I see what you're saying, but I think most people are using the term "exposed" in a "he was exposed to be a SCRUB" type of manner. Other people, when saying Lin was exposed last night, are implying that he was exposed to be a sub-great player (which you obviously don't agree with, since in your previous post, you mentioned that you still think he is a great player). In a sense, while going along with the general usage of the word on NT, the Heat were not exposed per se by the Mavs, since they're balling lights out this year and have more than established that they're a powerhouse team. Same goes for LeBron, who didn't get exposed in the usual sense by the Celtics, considering he's the best player in the league today (and coming from a Lakers fan). But in the way you're using the word--i.e. having your flaws picked apart/outplayed badly--yeah, they were all exposed.
For the record, I agree with you in that Jeremy was picked apart like a toy last night but still is a great player that'll only get better with time.
Yeah, and thats exactly where I was coming from fam. Me saying he was exposed meant that the Heat clearly showed Lin what he needs to work on if he wants to face a team like them and come out with a win. Lin was on a hot streak; at the top of his own mountain. He can only get better if he faces an even higher mountain with more obstacles. 
Being exposed doesn't always mean "HAH! I TOLD YOU HE WAS GARBAGE! NOW THE WHOLE WORLD WILL SEE!" 

Lin is showing that he has a much better head on his shoulders than Smush and Kwame, he wasn't exposed like them. Lin being exposed is him facing an opponent that will make him work harder to be a better player. Its more exposing to himself than anyone else, and thats what he needs. The Heat played their game and Lin couldn't take it. That means he needs to work on what he messed up on and come back next time fighting harder. 

That in my opinion is Lin being "exposed". Sometimes you need to have that exposed so you'll know what it takes to get better. 

Originally Posted by Sole MAX

PRIME, lets be real. Everyone is not expected to do well. I know for sure that Laker fans don't expect Luke Walton to do well when he gets on the court. Cmon now.

Yeah but thats the thing, fans pick and choose favorites. GM's pick and choose with hopes of everyone coming in and turning their franchise around. 

nah, its the fact he plays in ny that makes this thing blow up more than anything. Why are ya arguing over this? It's a cool story.

nah, its the fact he plays in ny that makes this thing blow up more than anything. Why are ya arguing over this? It's a cool story.

Originally Posted by LDJ

The only thing exposed from last night's game is how stupid Stephen Smith is along with some fellow NTers.
If you call 9-3 record exposed then go home and add stephen's # to your speed dial and share a combined basketball IQ of 5.

iuno about everyone else but im strickly talking about actually talent and playing ability... and as far as your record thing thats irrelevant...
before mj tore him a new one kwame brown had a nice string of good games.... so is he good?
flip murray set records and went on a streak is he good?
fred jones had a string of good games and even had a quadriple double is he good?

im talking about his game play he is a decent pg with a pretty good iq for the game... he isnt good in my eyes until i see him face a beat a set of good players and he hasnt done it yet...

yall keep saying hes a great player you do no cp3 deron drose are great players are you guys really saying hes on there level because a string of good games because of mediocre teams? really

all yall really saying hes on a jrue, jennings,chauncey billups level cause those are good players...

or is he on a john wall, rubio, etc.... level cause those are decent players...

to all the riders please tell me in which class of players yall say he is on and why
Wait, what/?!?!!?! Fred Jones got a quadruple double before???  That's news to me.

Originally Posted by LDJ

The only thing exposed from last night's game is how stupid Stephen Smith is along with some fellow NTers.
If you call 9-3 record exposed then go home and add stephen's # to your speed dial and share a combined basketball IQ of 5.

iuno about everyone else but im strickly talking about actually talent and playing ability... and as far as your record thing thats irrelevant...
before mj tore him a new one kwame brown had a nice string of good games.... so is he good?
fred jones had a string of good games and even had a quadriple double is he good?

im talking about his game play he is a decent pg with a pretty good iq for the game... he isnt good in my eyes until i see him face a beat a set of good players and he hasnt done it yet...

yall keep saying hes a great player you do no cp3 deron drose are great players are you guys really saying hes on there level because a string of good games because of mediocre teams? really

all yall really saying hes on a jrue, jennings,chauncey billups level cause those are good players...

to all the riders please tell me in which class of players yall say he is on and why
Wait, what/?!?!!?! Fred Jones got a quadruple double before???  That's news to me.

[table][tr][td]J. Lin[/td][td]G[/td][td]08:55[/td][td]1-4[/td][td]0-2[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]-19[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]

EXPOSED!!!!!!

[table][tr][td]J. Lin[/td][td]G[/td][td]08:55[/td][td]1-4[/td][td]0-2[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]-19[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]

EXPOSED!!!!!!

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by LDJ

Nah, the only players to have officially recorded a quadruple-double are Nate Thurmond, Alvin Robertson, David Robinson, and Hakeem. Players like Bill Russell, Wilt, and Oscar probably had some as well, but steals and blocks weren't recorded until after their time.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Nah, the only players to have officially recorded a quadruple-double are Nate Thurmond, Alvin Robertson, David Robinson, and Hakeem. Players like Bill Russell, Wilt, and Oscar probably had some as well, but steals and blocks weren't recorded until after their time.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

EXPOSED!!!!!!
Is that from tonight? 

Originally Posted by RawSheed

EXPOSED!!!!!!
Is that from tonight? 

Originally Posted by LDJ

right it was almost the point still is alllllllllllllllllllllllllllot of players have put a string of good games together but to say the guy is in the same class as cp3 is crazy

Originally Posted by LDJ

right it was almost the point still is alllllllllllllllllllllllllllot of players have put a string of good games together but to say the guy is in the same class as cp3 is crazy

your replies make no sense bc you go off on random tangents making no logical connections between you supporting points and your conclusions. you're almost on that Rexanglorum steez.

and just like I said only a simpleton would claim the hype is solely due to his ethnicity... one would have to be supremely naive to say that it does not play a factor. on what scale... that's where ppl differ.

your replies make no sense bc you go off on random tangents making no logical connections between you supporting points and your conclusions. you're almost on that Rexanglorum steez.

and just like I said only a simpleton would claim the hype is solely due to his ethnicity... one would have to be supremely naive to say that it does not play a factor. on what scale... that's where ppl differ.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Yeah but that doesn't invalidate his skill.. He's far from a Tebow where he's basically only hyped because of his group (evangelicals). Asian-Americans a proud of him. So what?

Yeah but that doesn't invalidate his skill.. He's far from a Tebow where he's basically only hyped because of his group (evangelicals). Asian-Americans a proud of him. So what?

Originally Posted by 10027

nuttin wrong with it, its actually great not too many if at all athletes of asian decent ppl can look up to..esp. asian kids. i just think ppl hate ppl saying hes this great player and what not... i mean like black ppl were about tiger... difference is when they was saying he was great etc... he was one of the best in his respectable field.. where as lin is average in his field.

nuttin wrong with it, its actually great not too many if at all athletes of asian decent ppl can look up to..esp. asian kids. i just think ppl hate ppl saying hes this great player and what not... i mean like black ppl were about tiger... difference is when they was saying he was great etc... he was one of the best in his respectable field.. where as lin is average in his field.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I mean his success out of nowhere is a big story too. No matter what you think of his future as a star in the league (lots of people have said they think his ceiling is as a very good player) he did just bring one of the most poplar teams in the league, that was 8 games under .50, to 9 of 12 wins while averaging Ike 23 and 8. That's a damn big story in and of itself.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I mean his success out of nowhere is a big story too. No matter what you think of his future as a star in the league (lots of people have said they think his ceiling is as a very good player) he did just bring one of the most poplar teams in the league, that was 8 games under .50, to 9 of 12 wins while averaging Ike 23 and 8. That's a damn big story in and of itself.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I mean his success out of nowhere is a big story too. No matter what you think of his future as a star in the league (lots of people have said they think his ceiling is as a very good player) he did just bring one of the most poplar teams in the league, that was 8 games under .50 , to 9 of 12 wins while averaging Ike 23 and 8. That's a damn big story in and of itself.

it is i hope he does make it i mean yao failed... sorta i mean not his fault (injuries) i mean folks are all rooting for him... i feel bad for him if he falls short cause the backlash will be far worse the the hype... The way they hyped up harold miner wasnt nuttin compared to the way they tore him down.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I mean his success out of nowhere is a big story too. No matter what you think of his future as a star in the league (lots of people have said they think his ceiling is as a very good player) he did just bring one of the most poplar teams in the league, that was 8 games under .50 , to 9 of 12 wins while averaging Ike 23 and 8. That's a damn big story in and of itself.

it is i hope he does make it i mean yao failed... sorta i mean not his fault (injuries) i mean folks are all rooting for him... i feel bad for him if he falls short cause the backlash will be far worse the the hype... The way they hyped up harold miner wasnt nuttin compared to the way they tore him down.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Well Yao had a good career and proved the haters wrong even though he wasn't really able to prove his biggest supporters right. It's still so sad watching that playoff game where he dropped like 20 in the first half s Portland with a perfect arsenal of J's, hooks, dunks, and post moves and went on to go up 2-1 on LA in the WCF before breaking his foot. In Lin's case you're right though, people like Stephen A are just waiting in the wings to jump on him (and yes there is veiled racism there, or not so veiled as with Mayweather)

Back
Top Bottom