Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by LDJ

nuttin wrong with it, its actually great not too many if at all athletes of asian decent ppl can look up to..esp. asian kids. i just think ppl hate ppl saying hes this great player and what not... i mean like black ppl were about tiger... difference is when they was saying he was great etc... he was one of the best in his respectable field.. where as lin is average in his field.

I mean his success out of nowhere is a big story too. No matter what you think of his future as a star in the league (lots of people have said they think his ceiling is as a very good player) he did just bring one of the most poplar teams in the league, that was 8 games under .50 , to 9 of 12 wins while averaging Ike 23 and 8. That's a damn big story in and of itself.

it is i hope he does make it i mean yao failed... sorta i mean not his fault (injuries) i mean folks are all rooting for him... i feel bad for him if he falls short cause the backlash will be far worse the the hype... The way they hyped up harold miner wasnt nuttin compared to the way they tore him down.

Well Yao had a good career and proved the haters wrong even though he wasn't really able to prove his biggest supporters right. It's still so sad watching that playoff game where he dropped like 20 in the first half s Portland with a perfect arsenal of J's, hooks, dunks, and post moves and went on to go up 2-1 on LA in the WCF before breaking his foot. In Lin's case you're right though, people like Stephen A are just waiting in the wings to jump on him (and yes there is veiled racism there, or not so veiled as with Mayweather)

I figure Mars Blackmon fans would appreciate this or not. They're on PYS.

FLBALLINTEEROY_thum1_137_1407_29586.jpg

Originally Posted by RawSheed

[table][tr][td]J. Lin[/td][td]G[/td][td]08:55[/td][td]1-4[/td][td]0-2[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]-19[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]

EXPOSED!!!!!!

3rd night of a back to back to back, exhibition game on an allstar team with 5 point guards. riiiiiigggghhhhh....

[table][tr][td]J. Lin[/td][td]G[/td][td]08:55[/td][td]1-4[/td][td]0-2[/td][td]0-0[/td][td]-19[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][/table]

EXPOSED!!!!!!

3rd night of a back to back to back, exhibition game on an allstar team with 5 point guards. riiiiiigggghhhhh....

Originally Posted by MrONegative

EXPOSED!!!!!!

i think he's being sarcastic...

EXPOSED!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Andrew630

EXPOSED!!!!!!

Yea, it's sarcasm. Come on fellas

Originally Posted by Andrew630

EXPOSED!!!!!!

Yea, it's sarcasm. Come on fellas

I watched his post-game interview after the Nets game last week, and some female reporter, who I presume was an asian woman, asked him something like, "Uhhh, how you fee 'bout losing to no-good team?" 
laugh.gif

I watched his post-game interview after the Nets game last week, and some female reporter, who I presume was an asian woman, asked him something like, "Uhhh, how you fee 'bout losing to no-good team?" 
laugh.gif

Updated: February 26, 2012, 8:55 AM ET

[h2]Ben & Jerry's sorry for fortune cookies[/h2]

ESPN.com news services

Ben & Jerry's, the iconic ice cream brand famous for flavors borrowed from all bands of the culinary spectrum, has apologized for including fortune cookies in its "Taste the Lin-Sanity" frozen yogurt sold at a Harvard Square location in Boston.

The Vermont-founded company has replaced the fortune cookies in its honey-swirl, Jeremy Lin-inspired variety with waffle cones.

"We offer a heartfelt apology if anyone was offended by our handmade Lin-Sanity flavor," Ben & Jerry's said in a statement.

Lin, the New York Knicks point guard who shot to NBA stardom this month after spurring a win streak in the absence of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, played four seasons for the Harvard Crimson before turning pro in 2010.

"We are proud and honored to have Jeremy Lin hail from one of our fine, local universities and we are huge sports fans," Ben & Jerry's said in the news release. "Our intention was to create a flavor to honor Jeremy Lin's accomplishments and his meteoric rise in the NBA, and recognize that he was a local Harvard graduate.

"We try (to) demonstrate our commitment as a Boston-based, valued-led business and if we failed in this instance we offer our sincere apologies."

Updated: February 26, 2012, 8:55 AM ET

[h2]Ben & Jerry's sorry for fortune cookies[/h2]

ESPN.com news services

Ben & Jerry's, the iconic ice cream brand famous for flavors borrowed from all bands of the culinary spectrum, has apologized for including fortune cookies in its "Taste the Lin-Sanity" frozen yogurt sold at a Harvard Square location in Boston.

The Vermont-founded company has replaced the fortune cookies in its honey-swirl, Jeremy Lin-inspired variety with waffle cones.

"We offer a heartfelt apology if anyone was offended by our handmade Lin-Sanity flavor," Ben & Jerry's said in a statement.

Lin, the New York Knicks point guard who shot to NBA stardom this month after spurring a win streak in the absence of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, played four seasons for the Harvard Crimson before turning pro in 2010.

"We are proud and honored to have Jeremy Lin hail from one of our fine, local universities and we are huge sports fans," Ben & Jerry's said in the news release. "Our intention was to create a flavor to honor Jeremy Lin's accomplishments and his meteoric rise in the NBA, and recognize that he was a local Harvard graduate.

"We try (to) demonstrate our commitment as a Boston-based, valued-led business and if we failed in this instance we offer our sincere apologies."

Back
Top Bottom