Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Oracle was already selling out. I see no harm in Asians/Asian Americans rooting for their "own" to succeed, everyone else does it in other avenues in life. I hope the kid makes it, and no I am not Asian.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

acid, when you going to ask me to make you a Jeremy Lin avy?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
real soon. it's hard to dethrone devean from my avy, but this is probably it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

acid, when you going to ask me to make you a Jeremy Lin avy?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
real soon. it's hard to dethrone devean from my avy, but this is probably it.
laugh.gif

Golden State Warriors to sign ex-Palo Alto High star Jeremy Lin

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_15562510

The Warriors are close to landing a player who is turning out to be a cult figure.

Guard Jeremy Lin, a Bay Area native who played at Harvard, is on the verge of signing a two-year deal with the Warriors.

Lin, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound combo guard who was undrafted out of Harvard, played for the Dallas Mavericks summer league and piqued the interest of several teams with his play. But the former Palo Alto High School star is signing with the Warriors, his favorite team growing up.

Lin's deal is partially guaranteed this year, and the Warriors hold a team option for the second season.

The Warriors need a point guard after trading C.J. Watson to the Chicago Bulls. Lin is going to get his chance to fill that void. The Warriors could still go out and get a veteran point guard. That would allow time for Lee — who has the game of a shooting guard but needs to play point at the pro level — to develop without pressure.

Lin would become the third Asian born in the United States to play in the NBA and first since San Jose's Rex Walters, the current University of San Francisco coach.

Golden State also has guard Monta Ellis and Charlie Bell as options at point guard to spell starter Stephen Curry.

Golden State Warriors to sign ex-Palo Alto High star Jeremy Lin

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_15562510

The Warriors are close to landing a player who is turning out to be a cult figure.

Guard Jeremy Lin, a Bay Area native who played at Harvard, is on the verge of signing a two-year deal with the Warriors.

Lin, a 6-foot-3, 200-pound combo guard who was undrafted out of Harvard, played for the Dallas Mavericks summer league and piqued the interest of several teams with his play. But the former Palo Alto High School star is signing with the Warriors, his favorite team growing up.

Lin's deal is partially guaranteed this year, and the Warriors hold a team option for the second season.

The Warriors need a point guard after trading C.J. Watson to the Chicago Bulls. Lin is going to get his chance to fill that void. The Warriors could still go out and get a veteran point guard. That would allow time for Lee — who has the game of a shooting guard but needs to play point at the pro level — to develop without pressure.

Lin would become the third Asian born in the United States to play in the NBA and first since San Jose's Rex Walters, the current University of San Francisco coach.

Golden State also has guard Monta Ellis and Charlie Bell as options at point guard to spell starter Stephen Curry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5396732

Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sources: Lin near deal with Warriors
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Golden State Warriors are closing in on signing summer-league sensation Jeremy Lin, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the Warriors, by offering to guarantee more than half of Lin's potential first-year salary of nearly $500,000, have reached an agreement in principle with the point guard from Harvard.

Jeremy Lin
A scout said of Jeremy Lin's play in Las Vegas: "He showed that he can be an NBA point guard. He showed us he can finish, defend and has above-average athleticism."

Lin is expected to receive a multiyear deal, sources said.

Lin's Bay Area roots and consistently strong performance with the Dallas Mavericks' squad in Las Vegas prompted the Warriors to chase Lin hard and ultimately outbid a handful of teams that have been pursuing him since summer-league play ended Sunday.

The Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers were among the first teams to try to sign the 6-foot-3 guard for next season, but agent Roger Montgomery told ESPNDallas.com on Monday that the publicity Lin attracted for outplaying prized Mavs youngster Roddy Beaubois -- while routinely flashing better-than-expected athleticism in the process -- generated a clutch of new offers.

The Warriors have a need for a guard depth behind stars Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry after restricted free agent C.J. Watson signed an offer sheet Monday with the Chicago Bulls that resulted in Watson joining the Bulls via sign-and-trade.

A Western Conference scout said of Lin's play in Las Vegas: "He showed that he can be an NBA point guard. He showed us he can finish, defend and has above-average athleticism."

Lin is a lifelong Warriors fan and his signing, sources said, was fully endorsed by Golden State's incoming new ownership tandem of Boston Celtics minority partner Joe Lacob and Mandalay Entertainment CEO Peter Guber, whose purchase of the Warriors from longtime owner Chris Cohan won't be finalized for 60 to 90 days.

Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson was the only NBA executive to offer Lin a roster spot for summer league and had hopes of developing Lin's game with the Texas Legends, which is the Mavericks D-League affiliate in Frisco that Nelson co-owns.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5396732

Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sources: Lin near deal with Warriors
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Golden State Warriors are closing in on signing summer-league sensation Jeremy Lin, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the Warriors, by offering to guarantee more than half of Lin's potential first-year salary of nearly $500,000, have reached an agreement in principle with the point guard from Harvard.

Jeremy Lin
A scout said of Jeremy Lin's play in Las Vegas: "He showed that he can be an NBA point guard. He showed us he can finish, defend and has above-average athleticism."

Lin is expected to receive a multiyear deal, sources said.

Lin's Bay Area roots and consistently strong performance with the Dallas Mavericks' squad in Las Vegas prompted the Warriors to chase Lin hard and ultimately outbid a handful of teams that have been pursuing him since summer-league play ended Sunday.

The Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers were among the first teams to try to sign the 6-foot-3 guard for next season, but agent Roger Montgomery told ESPNDallas.com on Monday that the publicity Lin attracted for outplaying prized Mavs youngster Roddy Beaubois -- while routinely flashing better-than-expected athleticism in the process -- generated a clutch of new offers.

The Warriors have a need for a guard depth behind stars Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry after restricted free agent C.J. Watson signed an offer sheet Monday with the Chicago Bulls that resulted in Watson joining the Bulls via sign-and-trade.

A Western Conference scout said of Lin's play in Las Vegas: "He showed that he can be an NBA point guard. He showed us he can finish, defend and has above-average athleticism."

Lin is a lifelong Warriors fan and his signing, sources said, was fully endorsed by Golden State's incoming new ownership tandem of Boston Celtics minority partner Joe Lacob and Mandalay Entertainment CEO Peter Guber, whose purchase of the Warriors from longtime owner Chris Cohan won't be finalized for 60 to 90 days.

Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson was the only NBA executive to offer Lin a roster spot for summer league and had hopes of developing Lin's game with the Texas Legends, which is the Mavericks D-League affiliate in Frisco that Nelson co-owns.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

After a couple of Lin’s eye-popping plays, Mavericks coaches looked at each other and slapped hands in this informal setting. One Dallas coach who may share the most in common with Lin is former NBA Most Improved Player Darrell Armstrong, who went undrafted out of Fayetteville State in 1991 and didn’t crack an NBA roster until he was 26. His perseverance paid off in a 13-year career.

“The fans started choosing him over John Wall,’’ Armstrong said of Lin. “That’s a tribute to him playing hard and making a name for himself. He’s going to be a good one. I told him I really think he can play in this league. I told him that before we even came down to Vegas. He has a chance. It looks and feels like he belongs in the NBA, even though he hasn’t been drafted.

“He has heart. He has no fear with himself. He sees opportunity and you can see that and that’s how he’s been playing. People are starting to believe this Harvard guy . . . this Ivy League guy is starting to make something happen.’’

After a couple of Lin’s eye-popping plays, Mavericks coaches looked at each other and slapped hands in this informal setting. One Dallas coach who may share the most in common with Lin is former NBA Most Improved Player Darrell Armstrong, who went undrafted out of Fayetteville State in 1991 and didn’t crack an NBA roster until he was 26. His perseverance paid off in a 13-year career.

“The fans started choosing him over John Wall,’’ Armstrong said of Lin. “That’s a tribute to him playing hard and making a name for himself. He’s going to be a good one. I told him I really think he can play in this league. I told him that before we even came down to Vegas. He has a chance. It looks and feels like he belongs in the NBA, even though he hasn’t been drafted.

“He has heart. He has no fear with himself. He sees opportunity and you can see that and that’s how he’s been playing. People are starting to believe this Harvard guy . . . this Ivy League guy is starting to make something happen.’’

im still perplexed as to why this guy has his own thread

I'm upset that my motive was not recognized.

I made this sarcastically and out of haste because I was tired of reading about him in every different NBA thread, and he actually ended up making a team. He might be the worst guard in the league right now.

im still perplexed as to why this guy has his own thread

I'm upset that my motive was not recognized.

I made this sarcastically and out of haste because I was tired of reading about him in every different NBA thread, and he actually ended up making a team. He might be the worst guard in the league right now.

Back
Top Bottom