OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

"yeah thats if i wanted to sell them..but if chemically they shine better then diamonds and are cheaper..then why get diamond studs feel me?"

I read that they are a greenish color in the sunlight tho... have you saw them under regular daylight? I would like to see how green they are... pics?

I Switch Chickz Like KicKz!

Jimmy Boi - Down South Boyz

i dont know what to make of that song, it's pretty good i guess

haha wow

word, if you know how and put the right minds behind pushing something, you can sell almost anything to anyone.

marketing+promotion is one of the biggest keys to success in any industry, including music+entertainment.

while I don't know jack about the m+e biz specifically, I do know a lil bit about marketing.

For the majority of the public/consumers if they don't hear about+see something in advance, they aren't going to go out and buy it.

what's more, for the most part, consumers are impressionable and tend to be influenced by others' opinions too. If they're told/hear something is hot, they'll believe it and want in on it. At the very least, they'll be curious and ask around which creates more buzz (HYPE) exponentially.

The internet, esp forums + networking sites like Friendster, MySpace, set, are perfect for utilizing this aspect of FREE marketing+PR. The great thing about those arenas is that they're filled with the most desirable consumer demographics.....young teens+adolescents+adults who are impressionable, have the most buying power, and help to fuel a lot of trends.

whether it's good or bad.....publicity is publicity. as long as people are talking and keep talking about something/one, then it's usually all good.

Again, I haven't heard this Jimmy Boi kid, so I can't say whether I'd support him or not. But I've always rooted+admired underdogs, so regardless of my personal views of his music, I hope he stays on the grind and makes it.

Bill Russel looks like the OD crackhead in that pic. :lol:
laugh.gif

MR K TOWN,
negro plz
i rented it b/c there were two asian brothers on it
but u right i did rent it
just b/c it was done this way or that way doesnt mean ppl cant think its gay
b/c its true doesnt mean much to me
hell im asian, asians the biggest movers in houston
import and export of that stuff and stories of dudes ended up missin happens aroudn here prob just as much as it does cali
oh ya so which cars do you actuallly own
there is a @#%$ load of them on your myspace..
all them joints are yours?

oh ya and about talib kweli
i remember that dude used to spit craazy @#%$ back before blackstar and all that @#%$
thot that dude would never sell out and go rap w/ any houston rapperrs
anyways
i know what you mean about dude jumpin on what works
my boy pakman works with dj coconut a producer around here
dude produced @#%$ for that track 'let my ppl free' feat bun b and david banner
@#%$ barely missed bun b's-Trill album
damn shame cuz that @#%$ go harder then 75% of bun b's @#%$
anyways go check out that track
them @#%$ go down like oral sex

K-Town,
who did you deal with at Xenon, was it Joe? I use to do a few things for him in the South when they were pushing there kung fu flicks. Also did some stuff with Arista while I was in High School , after that I did some work for Arista as well my good friend Jeff House who was working under Harve who nows is Puffys main man. K-town after reading your posts regarding bussiness I have alot of respect for you.

[/quote]​

DTP Term. Lows, Air Max 97 Gold,95 Bronze olympic,Jordan 13 Alts,jordan 13 blk/red,Air Max 97 True, Trainer 91 grey/Yellow QS,Air Zoom Flight 96 DS,Asics X Proper GT-II,Air trainer Max III,Air Alpha Force II Mita Edt.much more ANY QUESTIONS PM or EMAIL ME search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsneakerfreak0QQhtZ-1

Quote:
Dre could make anyone really go platinum IF HE PUSHED THEM. real talk, I've had this discussioin with Dre before. HITT woulda went and so woulda Truth Hurts, but Dre ain't push it, he instead used them as tax writeoffs as he was about to with THE GAME.

Thats what bothers me about Dre and thats why I dont respect him.Truth Hurts has been around for along time and she's not young anymore but her second cd was better than the first and Dre had his hands in that project.
A Tax right off? If I ever got a chance to mee Dre I would slap the dog &^$^ out of him.....just because and I may end up like the guy at the Vibe awards but Ill be happy in the end.

Eazy sorta did the samething with Michelle too and she could blow....but she was a tax right off.

It all makes me sick
TEAM HUSTLA-One man,One Hustla,One dream​
[email protected]<----ANY CONCERNS OR PROBLEM GET@ME

Sorry for the crappy pictures...courtesy of Dime Mag..some NBA chains..

r0xfo0.jpg

Drew Gooden Bay Area
r0xh1z.jpg

Quentin Richardson,Kobe Bryant, Deshawn Stevenson, Lebron James
r0xhdd.jpg

Lebron James, Carlos Boozer, Dahntay Jones (Clockwise)
NikeTalk Member Since:

February 1, 2001

:pimp:
pimp.gif
NBA money is on a whole other level as well....
<i><center><span style="font-family:century gothic; color:yellow;font-size:x-large;">...In the mean ti<span style="color:white;">me, Get Money...</span></span></center></i>

mrkim1120,
I thought it was terrible. lol. real @#%$, people said I was the only decent actor in it and it was my worst work and Ive been in 7 other real feature films.

retrofeet27,
no Joe didnt' do the deal and it's Jeff Haus, I remember dude, we did some deals with him back in 1996 or 97 when bad boy was almost unstoppable.

coldest, it is what it is brother, tax writeoffs is a cold thing, he does that so he don't lose any paper off the artists he put in, he bills them for studio time, tracks, housing advance, etc. he does give all in house production for mad cheap. and really for the most part Dre don't do beats for anyone outside the Aftermath Camp unless Michael Jackson asked him.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

king tre said the realest @#%$ in this thread.
there is no money like NBA money.
no rapper outside of maybe 3 guys can say they got that NBA dough
it's nus.
if you decent in the league you makin 7 million a year.

the music industry is bankrupt, have you guys not figured this out?
dead serious, when only like the top 40 artists on billboard are making really any cheese for these labels, it's at an all time high.

nike made more money last year then the entire record business did all together.
that's every single label added up and against nike and losing
a decade ago, it wouldn't even be a close call. the music biz woulda destroyed them
the film biz is slowin down big time too.

I don't know what's gonna happen, but most artists I know now can't afford to get decent video budgets even scared that they won't be able to re-coup outta their budget.

back to this irony,
NBA players wanna be rappers, Rappers wanna be NBA players
that was on the cover of Sports Illustrated in like 1996
with Shaq and ICE CUBE on the cover.

btw, CUBE got waaaaaay more cheese then almost anyone in the business.
not off rappin either. if you do it right in the film game, then it's over.

some of these small budget black films like "Deliver Us From Eva" are made for like 7 mill to 8 mill and then make like 32 mill, so do the math. works out nicely.

and wanna get real ill?
up til about 2001 THERE WERE ONLY 10 BLACK ACTORS IN SHOWBUSINESS THAT GOT OVER 1 MILLION FOR ACTING IN A FILM. MAYBE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT. 10 ACTORS TOTAL, TIL THIS DAY IT'S STILL LESS THEN LIKE 25.
THERE ARE OVER 200 WHITE ACTORS WHO HAVE GOT OVER 1 MILLION FOR A FILM.

for instance Scott Caan gets over 1 million per movie he's in. Samuel Jackson got his first million about 4 years ago. Don Cheadle, still hasn't seen it, Ving Rhames still hasn't seen it. the business is ill. Mekhi Phiffer? Omar Epps? close but not even 1 mill.

meanwhile, you get Paul Walker who gets way over that.
I mean I can go deeper, but y'all don't want me to really get political inthe music and film game.

:smokin
smokin.gif
look what this post evolved into...usually we get like 2 or 3 pages of the same colorful ice...now we got like 17 pages of all types of knowledge...
<i><center><span style="font-family:century gothic; color:yellow;font-size:x-large;">...In the mean ti<span style="color:white;">me, Get Money...</span></span></center></i>

Quote:
there is no money like NBA money.

yup n that money is GUARANTEED but MLB money is better,no salary cap,sky is the limit for how much MLB players can make....no execs can come n recoup unless you agree to rework your deal....most guys in the League are making close to a mil,n most of them have some sort of endorsement deals even the ones you never heard of..

lol, but I ain't start it Tre,

Quote:
yup n that money is GUARANTEED....no execs can come n recoup unless you agree to rework your deal....most guys in the League are making close to a mil,n most of them have some sort of endorsement deals even the ones you never heard of..

most? how bout the bare minimum for bench warmers is about a mill now.

most are making over several million doggs. and yes it's guaranteed, but some of these guys hire horrible money managers who shiest them. some go crazy in the first year in the league spending wise.

after you been in the league a while, it's next to impossible to spend all your dough. Kobe was lookin at 18 million dollar houses recently.

Quote:
most are making over several million doggs. and yes it's guaranteed, but some of these guys hire horrible money managers who shiest them. some go crazy in the first year in the league spending wise.

yea MOST....i think the NBA minimum is around 500g's so their not all seeing a mil....but MOST of them are..

minimum is $800,000k
they did an interview on these cats who have played a total of 3 minutes of the 2005 season on the clippers. they made league minimum. $800k is close to a mil ticket

Quote:
mean I can go deeper, but y'all don't want me to really get political inthe music and film game.

sure we do.....another spot/thread if you have to.

on a related tip, i just saw a post Oscar interview w/Terence Howard. Sure, he ain't no Denzel or even a Samuel L or Wesley Snipes in terms of being a name, but i was really shocked at this. I dunno if it's legit, but he sounded real serious.

Anyways, dude said he only made for the following flicks........

Hustle & Flow---like $12,XXX .........yes thousand
Crash----like $3,XXX

WTH????

He said he knew the producers didn't have big budgets, and, mainly, he said he was just trying to feed his fam, so he did them.

btw, you want crazy, people were saying that Reese Witherspoon was about to sign a deal for $29 MILLION for her next flick (and that was BEFORE she won Best Actress on Sunday)

Quote:

yea MOST....i think the NBA minimum is around 500g's so their not all seeing a mil....but MOST of them are....its still no money like MLB money,Roger Clemens gets 20 mil a year to pitch once a week n doesnt even have to travel with or practice with the team....just shows up when he is pitching..

Quote:
minimum is $800,000k

n im pretty sure it varies on your status within the league....like a rookie cant make as much as a Vet....so a Vets minimum would be more than a rookies....n now it even depends on where you go in the draft....but whether its 300, 500 or 800g's, the point is, alot of these guys get crazy money to do nothing but keep the bench warm..

Terrance howard ain't seen no mill ticket yet.

this is how it goes for black actors:

they get SAG scale + 10%

Meagan has a ton of films coming out, she might maybe see $200k at most, but I doubt that much for some of the inde's and horror/thrillers.

gabrielle union is one of peeps tellin me this. her highest payday was for BadBoys II and she saw $800,000 making her the 2nd highest paid black actress next to halle. Halle just saw 1million for Monsters Ball. meanwhile, brittany murphy is gettin 3 to 4 million a picture and there are at least 20 other caucasian actresses in gabrielles age range or younger making waaay more dough with less talent.

thats just how it is.

dude, please, when people talk about someone making crazy paper, I pay attention...i don't care who is doing it or how.

$29 MILL for one flick is Tom Cruise + OVER Denzel type dough, which is nutso.

Back
Top Bottom