OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

Ben, could you give me some details/specifics on this bracelet as far as the diamond/gold weight.

133777918.jpg

Just by looking at it, the price seems to be atleast 5k or higher. I've been looking for something similiar to this, however I might put Ninjahood's moss. stones in there to keep the price under 2k.

this is why I was questioning stillmatic.
those are just over 1.3 carats for each ear.
they are very big too. very noticeable.
retail on them was about $3,300 for the pair. not bad at all.
I believe it's a jacob mold, but whatever, my jeweler steve made them.

the bracelet was about $10,000 retail, but obviously do that math and know I ain't pay anywhere near that. that is actually 18k white gold, not 14k
approx ct. is unknown. I remember just seein it in his display case window, putting it on
and askin him how much? he said the magic numbers, I left him a few G's and kept it movin and took care of him when I came back since an ATM don't dispurse more then $800

if you want to know both, I gotta go see my jeweler 2moro.
i'll ask him how much and weight and etc.

but really F that bracelet, I bought that after I sold a grip of shoes.
I rather have another Panerai on my wrist then that.
I almost sold the bracelet to Allon for $4,000 cuz he's my dude.
but he passed away, little did he know I was gonna throw it in his casket
when he was being buried but they don't do open casket funerals for the
hebrew religion. that's how much dude meant to me.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

I got the hook-up on jewelry, right now.

I want to cop a loan, to be able to cop some pieces @ wholesale prices, so i can resell em.
If i like yours, Im taking it .

Quote:
those are just over 1.3 carats for each ear.
they are very big too. very noticeable.
retail on them was about $3,300 for the pair. not bad at all.

That's what I like to hear.

it's all good, ben......thanks for the lowdown. i wasn't questioning your pick-up but I just HAD to hit my boys to get the scoop cuz you got me all in a frenzy w/that 30% off your Sub talk....LOL....seriously, i definitely shouldn't be in the market for another watch, esp since I got my lcd+plasma set to pick up, but, man, if Chong Hing was slanging those on the regular now, I'd have to think hard about it........geez, you might as well have brought a hammer and finished the job considering the smash+grab you pulled off for that Sub.

anyways, just posted the update to save others contemplating a Roli a trip. Next time I'm down there though, I gotta swing by and see what's good about them hooking up the Roli's for us now.

btw, good looks on the Bev Hills Rolex Service Center. Again, I'm not all that tight w/my Rolex 411, but I did hear about the crazy good customer service they provide. That's the one thing that I wouldn't hit Chong Hing for......not so much as customer service, but I'd rather trust a spot out in Bev Hills or another boojee area for timepiece service+maintenance. Asians are kinda sloppy when it comes to tech service and the like.

oh, and I think I remember Frank from DAZZ (now Sprewell Racing for you other peeps). He's the Hollywood+pretty boy looking dude w/the dark hair, right....lol, sorry that's the only description I can come up with off the top. I mainly used to chop it up w/James Chen (now Axis Motoring/Wheels), but Frank was a chill dude too. I remember him having a tight watch game way back then too......what's he doing now that he's done w/F1??

james chen is my dude too,
multi millionaire lucky asss now.

he put on the feet on my 550hp Ford Harley F150

and at the price my boy quoted me, I was on my way to meet with some business people, when he told me, I was right in the heart of LA traffic goin westbound.
I immediately turned around and headed east bound on the 10. lol
$3,200? brand new with papers in late 2002? I had to do it.

and Q,
I didn't pay anywhere near that for those earrings. but a mall store or retail jeweler will get that all day from transients or walk ins.
I paid let's just say around less then 50% of that retail easy.

Quote:
if you want to know both, I gotta go see my jeweler 2moro.

Yeah if you see your jeweler and remember to ask him, I'd appreciate it. Not too concerned with the weight of the gold, but if you can get an estimate of the total carat weight, that would be cool. Looks like two rows of princess cut diamonds. I always keep a lookout for a nice bracelet, but it's hard to find one I actually like. That one has a nice classy look to it. Anyway if you have a chance, thank you in advance.

btw, markymark,

as mentioned, i'm not on top of the rolex scene. several of my dudes have em but only a couple really know what they're doing, and they both get them overseas from family connects in HK. some of the other guys got em from Hing Wa Lee (the store in same plaza as San Gabriel Chong Hing and their other store in Rowland Heights on Colima...same plaza as Topline, the kicks spot)

other than that, i'm gonna leave the Rolex talk to ktown and other more knowledgable dudes.

dude, quit yanking peeps' chains, esp MINE about your Sub deal...that @#%$ is just WRONG..... i would've WALKED from La Cienaga + the 10 all the way back to Chong Hing for a $3200 Sub. lol

and, you down w/James Chen too? Some of my homeys down there have known him since back in the day+deal w/him too, but I don't know him personally. He was always cool w/me whenever I hit Dazz tho. I forget if he was w/them from the jump at their real OG hole in the wall spot the next block over, but Dazz has always been a cool spot to me since then. i wasn't living in LA during that time, but I used to hit the store a lot w/my NorCal dogs and check out the scene when visiting our SoCal peeps. one of my dudes back here had a shop + i convinced him to get one of DAZZ's very first account NorCal accounts. He didn't push many wheels cuz not too many peeps were willing to spend the $$$ on JDM wheels back then. I got my first set of nice shoes from them tho, and they always took care of my boy business wise, so I always rep'd for them hard like I do Chong Hing. I'm a loyal dude when it comes to pushing peeps/businesses that treat me good. good spots+people are very few and far between these days.

man, i almost forgot.....i actually almost bought the black E34 535i he had back then w/the crazy IASCA sounds. he said I could pick out ANY set of wheels in the joint too for $17k. i was tempted, but, when it came down to it, you know how dude drives...even some of the other Dazz heads kept messing around saying not to bite....i think James was kinda heated about that cuz he really wanted to get rid of it. lol i'm glad he's eating good now tho.....not really a surpise to me really. i seen it coming & I'm usually on point about recognizing the sharp cats w/good business sense. plus, i rememeber him telling me about planning to leave Dazz and go out on his own.

oops, another OT jack.....sorry to you other peeps. y'all will be safe from my BS for a while....time to head out.

This may be off topic but how much do A&R's make ?

And what is a good field to go into in the music industry right now ?

ayo ben...does your jeweler make fronts? cause this jeweler i WAS working with threw me a stupid price after i had already given him my mold and such for the teeth and he had quoted me...

A&R's can make anywhere from $35,000 a year to over $500,000 (this is major labels, not independents with no major distribution)

A&R manager is basically the bottom level.
where as Senior Executive Vice President of A&R would be top dog at a major.

but at this point, they are like a dying breed soon to be extinct.
record labels are literally downsizing to bare minimums where most employees even executives are wearing more hats then normal.
so a good field to get into would be to avoid the music business in all.

real talk, there is so little money to be made now in music it's sad.
the chances of making it to be a STAR, meaning a true 10+ year career is maybe harder then trying to get into the NBA at this point.
and even those top sellers aren't makin that cake off the labels.
each year they are losing and each year, they are spending less on promotion, videos, marketing on their artists. it's crazy.

yeh Reg,
he got fronts all day.
but honestly, talk to me over IM or etc.
I'll break it all down to you.

Nelly ruined for mad heads.

downloading was the downfall of the muisc industry. 10 yrs ago you had no choice but to buy an album if you wanted it. now u can get it free within 5 minutes.

ayo, since the music biz is dying, what industry do you suggest to get into if you wanna make paper?

Quote:
ayo, since the music biz is dying, what industry do you suggest to get into if you wanna make paper?

hosting parties...people still payin to go out...so remember that
team platano

1024x768_03.jpg

some flip love...first cat i really seen ODin' on da canary diamonds...

and some lucky charm chains for st. patricks day >D
grin.gif

makavelibr4.jpg

team platano

Didn't Flip and crew got robbed for those clover chains like a yr 1/2 ago.

naw, remember it was that him and TI got they joints smashed at da same time by each other's body guards :lol:
laugh.gif

team platano

Quote:
real talk, there is so little money to be made now in music it's sad.
the chances of making it to be a STAR, meaning a true 10+ year career is maybe harder then trying to get into the NBA at this point.
and even those top sellers aren't makin that cake off the labels.
each year they are losing and each year, they are spending less on promotion, videos, marketing on their artists. it's crazy.

i agree. Especially this whole downloading movement. Its killing artists, in a few years, what are they gonna sell when people stop buying CD's?

and also are u talking about Rap or any other type of music?
If i like yours, Im taking it .

wouldnt it be good to go into the marketing and promotion field of the music industry since they need so much help with sales ?

Back
Top Bottom