Official Joe Budden Halfway House Thread

Finally got it. Sounds good so far. Typical Joe music, which means its better than most stuff out.

First thought is that sound quality isn't great. Check Me Out is a little crackly on my speakers. Anyone else notice this or hear it on other tracks?

i thought the same. the quality isn't that great. some of the beats sound kind of drowned out

Originally Posted by jmause3

Joe constantly makes good music
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pay jape

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

this shhh is boring.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
What were you expecting some Lil Jon hype music? This is good lyrical #$%. Joe is consistent.

After one listen, it's cool. I just wish he had a better beat selection. It's like one level through until Slaughterhouse and then after SH, it goesback down.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by pay jape

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

this shhh is boring.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
What were you expecting some Lil Jon hype music? This is good lyrical #$%. Joe is consistent.
naw not really i just heard q tips and black milks new shhh...
those albums shhh on halfwayhouse

Joe and Emmany killed One Night ____...my god.

favorite track so far with just to be different after just skimming through it...

anyone buy the album through amalgam digital? because this #$%! is slow!!!!!!! and it says unknown file size
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by zokid

anyone buy the album through amalgam digital? because this #$%! is slow!!!!!!! and it says unknown file size
eyes.gif
There was a link on the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread... but if you already paid for it then it's useless.

so... how long until he gets cease and desist orders from Parlophone and Epic for the Coldplay and Incubus "samples" (which was really just himrapping over the entire song)? There's no way he cleared those samples.

Im glad I finally got my download to work via amalgam

I've already listened to this more than I did MM3...it has WAY more replay value for me.

I really like On my Grind, but the dude yellin onthe hook can go
Sidetracked is cool from a content standpoint
I really aint like Slaughterhouse...the beat is boring, plus its rare that I like a song with so many people on it (nowdays)

Got To Hell is hot...maybe my favorite song on here
the 2 Bonus tracks are hot too.....he said somethin like "you Barkley and Wade her, put her in your Fave 5"
roll.gif

After another listen, I retract from this statement.
It's like one level through until Slaughterhouse and then after SH, it goes back down.
It's much better on the 2nd listen. The album has a good vibe to it. It's a "on the move" vibe. I don't think I would enjoyit as much if I was just chilling in the crib.

I've already listened to this more than I did MM3...it has WAY more replay value for me.

lets not be confused MM3 > half way house. BUTTT, joe himself stated that they are not the same type of releases and that this cd would have more "rideout music" oppose to more "zone out music". pretty sure i remember him saying that.

this isnt better than MM3 pound for pound,,, but i aint mad atcha since this cd is a great release.

Back
Top Bottom