OFFICIAL Jordan Retro 4 "Toro 4s" - AFTERMATH (NO Buying/Selling/Trading)

Will You Cop The Toro 4s?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Double Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got the airr insole from finish line for my 3s anyone know if that's a good brand? And I call them black cement 4s as well I rarely ever call a shoe bred. Playoffs to me are 8,11,12 & 13s

Idk whats up with yalls pair .. i dont have any of that cracking chipping etc happening to my 3s or 4s

Hahaha!! That's funny. Why do some of you want to switch the insole? Are they uncomfortable? Are you on to something I'm not?
I use these memory foam insoles that are primarily used by skaters (I used to skate and know all about the impact on your feet from landings). They're awesome. You can feel the foam just mold with each step you take.

http://shop.fpinsoles.com/Aaron-JAWS-Homoki-signature-hi-profile-kingfoam-GOLD-insoles_p_10.html

Don't mind the artwork. You can just flip them over and have the black side up like I do.
It's believed to alleviate the paint cracking issues on the 3's and 4's
I do it for comfort, not to prevent cracking because it really doesn't.

I use these memory foam insoles that are primarily used by skaters (I used to skate and know all about the impact on your feet from landings). They're awesome. You can feel the foam just mold with each step you take.

http://shop.fpinsoles.com/Aaron-JAWS-Homoki-signature-hi-profile-kingfoam-GOLD-insoles_p_10.html

Don't mind the artwork. You can just flip them over and have the black side up like I do.

I do it for comfort, not to prevent cracking because it really doesn't.
It's believed to alleviate the paint cracking issues on the 3's and 4's
Thanks for the insole product tip.  Always on the lookout for new insoles.

I'm not sure if anyone has explicitly stated the reasoning behind swapping insoles.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but swapping for a thicker midsole adds additional thickness to alleviate the compression of the polyurethane midsole, reducing the stress that causes paint cracking.  Or at least that is what I can gather, and in turn, would explain the correlation of denser PU midsoles and less paint chipping.

But then again, I could be wrong.

Idk whats up with yalls pair .. i dont have any of that cracking chipping etc happening to my 3s or 4s
How often do you wear them?

What size shoe do you wear?

How much do you weigh?

The 3 main factors that can go into the severity of paint cracking.

Last edited:
How often do you wear them?

What size shoe do you wear?

How much do you weigh?

The 3 main factors that can go into the severity of paint cracking.
theyre in rotation with every other shoe i have. Id say ive worn every pair of 4s i have at least 7 or 8x except the BCs and toros (all a year old n newer)

size 12

weigh 245

Wore mine 4 times already and no creasing or paint chipping. Said before these feel like they'll hold up perfectly like the cavs, should be fine if you went tts.

I'm extremely selective when it comes to buying Jordans and I almost exclusively buy original colors only. But these right here... these made me come out of retirement. Not even 5 seconds after I saw the first images of these I knew I had to have them. I'm not sure what others think about these but I believe they are instant classics and easily top 5 greatest Jordan IVs of all time. So glad Nike created these. The quality is not too bad at all either! So glad to own them.

I was in Finishline and saw some red laces. I thought what the heck. I'll try them on my pair. I think the black look better on mine. Just my opinion. No hate to the red lace wearers. Heck put green in them around Christmas time lol

Wore mine 4 times already and no creasing or paint chipping. Said before these feel like they'll hold up perfectly like the cavs, should be fine if you went tts.

Not sure how its not creasing unless you're using something to prevent it. Wore mine twice and there is creasing.

Why though?

So basically 90% of your jordans are red black n white ... never understood this .. to each his own your money

Well my reason is because I began collecting in 1996 and wanted to wear the same shoes Michael Jordan wore. Back then everyone was a Bulls fan because Michael Jordan played for them. As the years went on I have remained a sneaker collector for the same reason because I'm an MJ fan.

There's plenty of original colors that aren't red like royal 1s, true blue 3s, military 4s, grape 5s, college blue 17s, royal 18s, flint 13s etc. I also don't support the latest generation of "sneaker heads" nor do I want to be labeled as a "sneaker head" and buying new colors just isn't very appealing to me at all. It doesn't seem authentic to my style of collecting. Don't get me wrong there are some very nice retro + colors that I had to get here and there like cool grey 11s and 9s, midnight 6s, chrome 8s, black cat 4s, altitude 13s, nubuck 12s, toro 5s and in this case toro 4s . But I will stay true to my roots and remain collecting like it used to be on the golden era of sneaker collecting.

Last edited:
Not sure how its not creasing unless you're using something to prevent it. Wore mine twice and there is creasing.

Nah I haven't bothered wearing shoe trees for these, guess mine are good so far.

Idk if any paint chipping will occur if I wear it for a month, my bred 4's haven't chipped at all and I've worn those pretty much everyday the past couple months. Jordan brand quality is just inconsistent, some pairs will last and some will be crap.

Nah I haven't bothered wearing shoe trees for these, guess mine are good so far.

Idk if any paint chipping will occur if I wear it for a month, my bred 4's haven't chipped at all and I've worn those pretty much everyday the past couple months. Jordan brand quality is just inconsistent, some pairs will last and some will be crap.
I wish my BC 4s weren't chipped, :smh: . Only wore them about 15 times since release day last year.

Back
Top Bottom