OFFICIAL Jordan Retro 4 "Toro 4s" - AFTERMATH (NO Buying/Selling/Trading)

Will You Cop The Toro 4s?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Double Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I tend to only wear Game worn Js (while he was on the bulls) only exceptions are when they have to do with something with him or what he did in his career I.e. cavs 4, celtics 1, suns 8, Gmp 7s laney 5s etc makes it easier to pass on random cws that have nothing to do with anything and my collection is more quality than quantity tho I do have a lot of both lol

Umm, i think u could b my brother from another mother!! "I buy the right watch not the bright watch" - HOVA

Well my reason is because I began collecting in 1996 and wanted to wear the same shoes Michael Jordan wore. Back then everyone was a Bulls fan because Michael Jordan played for them. As the years went on I have remained a sneaker collector for the same reason because I'm an MJ fan.

There's plenty of original colors that aren't red like royal 1s, true blue 3s, military 4s, grape 5s, college blue 17s, royal 18s, flint 13s etc. I also don't support the latest generation of "sneaker heads" nor do I want to be labeled as a "sneaker head" and buying new colors just isn't very appealing to me at all. It doesn't seem authentic to my style of collecting. Don't get me wrong there are some very nice retro + colors that I had to get here and there like cool grey 11s and 9s, midnight 6s, chrome 8s, black cat 4s, altitude 13s, nubuck 12s, toro 5s and in this case toro 4s . But I will stay true to my roots and remain collecting like it used to be on the golden era of sneaker collecting.

I luv this thread!! And I thought I was one of the small few that were non-hype beasts.. Maybe it's an age thing but the younger generation just buys whatever Nike puts out..

Yea man to me collecting is mainly substance if I'm paying 160+ for a shoe it's going have a meaning to me and purpose. I save my dunks and air maxes for "style" tho a lot of my dunks have substance as well

I luv this thread!! And I thought I was one of the small few that were non-hype beasts.. Maybe it's an age thing but the younger generation just buys whatever Nike puts out..
wait so youre a hypebeast because you buy colorways other than OG ones? ......

Yea man to me collecting is mainly substance if I'm paying 160+ for a shoe it's going have a meaning to me and purpose. I save my dunks and air maxes for "style" tho a lot of my dunks have substance as well

Agreed 110%, like the Venom dunks.. So underrated, but the style is timeless.. I kno I kno, this is a Jordan thread.. Ok, no more dunk talk from me.

wait so youre a hypebeast because you buy colorways other than OG ones? ......

Absolutely not, If u look at the last few responses, the Toros have pulled a lot of us to the "other" side. Its a damn good looking shoe, no doubts about it. My issue is with people that buy everythg Nike submits, post it like I'm the 1st one with it b4 RD and then resells or throws aside for the next big thing. I'm not hating or salty, jus don't like what's happening to the game, thats all.. I'm 34 so mayb that has Smthg to do wit it, idk.. If u wanna claim being a hype beast, that's all good! Do your thing bro!

I use Spenco's Cross Training insoles in all of my 4s - not for any reason having to do with "cracking", but really because of the improved fit.  Because the heel is so thick, it raises my foot in the shoe and lowers the height of the collar relative to my ankle - makes it 100% more comfortable for me.  Also, the thicker insole fills up the "empty space" that I have in the forefoot in all my 4s, so all around I get a better fit.  None of my 2012 or newer pairs of 4s have started cracked yet, but I don't know if it has to do any with my using the replacement insoles.  Like I said, I use them for the fit and not to possibly prevent any cracking.

Javier
I just copped this for my retro 4's

Absolutely not, If u look at the last few responses, the Toros have pulled a lot of us to the "other" side. Its a damn good looking shoe, no doubts about it. My issue is with people that buy everythg Nike submits, post it like I'm the 1st one with it b4 RD and then resells or throws aside for the next big thing. I'm not hating or salty, jus don't like what's happening to the game, thats all.. I'm 34 so mayb that has Smthg to do wit it, idk.. If u wanna claim being a hype beast, that's all good! Do your thing bro!
not claiming it I was just wondering since it came off that way. With this ^^ response I now understand what you mean. Yeah that stuff is just ridiculous. I buy a lot but its what I like and 9x out of 10 I keep it and that 1x i dont like it just simply return it or pass it to someone for a reasonable price (mainly to just get what i paid back)

To somewhat go along with what you said ... i know everyone has their own individual taste but man some of the shoes that come out have no choice but to be limited cuz theyre so ugly. And you know what happens when that limited tag is slapped on it. Seeing dudes, kids, chicks walking around in those just makes me smh and look away. I dont get it. I mean ultimately its their money so they can buy what ever they want with it, but cmon now

these days its all about trying to be a trendsetter

:lol:

By definition, wearing only what Michael Jordan wore would mean you're a hypebeast.

Some of us wear what we like period, doesn't mean if it's Jordans, Kobes, Lebron, Reebok, New Balance, Asics, Adidas.....

Get over yourself b, and I'm not young

I'm with bruh above 99% of the time I usually only fuq with OG colorways because those bring back the nostalgic memories of not only watching jordan rocking them, but rocking them myself when i was a youngster. Every month they release a retro in a new colorway and I've been doing this my whole life of 27 yrs so im cool off chasing the never ending releases of retros.

but these were so dope I had to make an exception. Something about all red shoes. :smokin

I'm with bruh above 99% of the time I usually only fuq with OG colorways because those bring back the nostalgic memories of not only watching jordan rocking them, but rocking them myself when i was a youngster. Every month they release a retro in a new colorway and I've been doing this my whole life of 27 yrs so im cool off chasing the never ending releases of retros.

but these were so dope I had to make an exception. Something about all red shoes. :smokin

I just buy what looks good. doesn't have to be an OG color but its all personal opinion at the end of the day.

lightning/thunders are dope to me tho I was tired of 4s retroing when they first dropped.
dearly need oreo and Columbia 4s in my life. my oreos grew too small and I had to sell
want my tour 4s back and wouldn't mind cool grey 4s

all of these are retro+ 4s that were dope to me.

That said, I learned that the majority of my white/black/red, red/black/white, black/red/white, etc colors are from jordans so I tend to hold off on those colors in other models like kd, brons, kobes unless im feeling a certain kind of way :lol:

There's tons of garbage retro+ c/w's but at the same time there's a lot of dope ones to be ignored.

Not buying a certain c/w simply because MJ didn't play in them in silly.

I'm 37 btw.

Wow a lot of people on the defense I see. Luckly I didn't call anyone a hypebeast I just like the "storytelling" with my Jordan's if it has nothing to do with his career I'm not copping. Jordan's cws arnt that dope to pay for random cws I got sbs for way cheaper and better themes. What I'm saying is if I'm paying 160+ for the history and the legend. That's just me I respect everyone's reason for copping long as it has meaning to you.

Also I don't think any of the ones he wore are ugly. But for example a random cw like those lab5s and green gows that's money saved if I wanted all elephant print shoe go to nike Id but because its "limited" and a jordan it's 250? Buying what he wore just easier on my pockets they are classic never over the top and not much hype with certain pairs

Last edited:

I just buy what looks good. doesn't have to be an OG color but its all personal opinion at the end of the day.

lightning/thunders are dope to me tho I was tired of 4s retroing when they first dropped.
dearly need oreo and Columbia 4s in my life. my oreos grew too small and I had to sell
want my tour 4s back and wouldn't mind cool grey 4s

all of these are retro+ 4s that were dope to me.

That said, I learned that the majority of my white/black/red, red/black/white, black/red/white, etc colors are from jordans so I tend to hold off on those colors in other models like kd, brons, kobes unless im feeling a certain kind of way :lol:

Buy what you truly like. Plain & simple. If you buy something that's hype and you like it who cares. People wearing sneakers will often be generalized by the next man as a hypebeast without reason.

However like Bigj said we need a Oreo, Tour or Cool Grey IV's. 3 of my top 5 IV's c'mon JB.

Buy what you truly like. Plain & simple. If you buy something that's hype and you like it who cares. People wearing sneakers will often be generalized by the next man as a hypebeast without reason.

However like Bigj said we need a Oreo, Tour or Cool Grey IV's. 3 of my top 5 IV's c'mon JB.

how you gonna exclude one of my favs from that list tho :lol:

View media item 527381

Love these and had to triple up on these. To me all other 4 were whatever, these are one of the good retro plus out there in the 4s. Glad they made these.

JB needs to see the last few posts on this thread and bring back the classics! I love the retro+ cws for the IVs and the LS cws of the V bid cause they are clean. I just keep an open mind for everything you never know what can be dope or not

I've been looking for a good pair of CG4s for a decent price for years!!!  I would be all over a retro of those...

Javier

All the 3 & 4 looks bomb... I bet these green glows gonna be on everyone's list in the future

Back
Top Bottom