OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

i missed out on the og infrareds senior year of high school. then again when they retroed back in 2000 because i had other priorities at the time. i was so excited about this release. this is as close as i can get to the infrareds without paying exhorbitant prices for yellowed retroes. i am over these not being the same as the og's and retroes i missed out on. it is what it is. there is promise in that RUMORED pack, but i would not pin my hopes on something that is not concrete and might get cancelled or much less be butchered. i just wouldn't allow myself to miss out a third time. if they come out, then def cop.

it was a very easy cop for me, copped one pair from FTL earlier in the morning, then when i ran errands for the wifey, i copped another pair from champs, because FTL run out of my size. i just cancelled my eastbay order afterwards, which was sort of my safety net in case they sold out quick. i thank God i didn't have to line up for these. i am starting to get too old for that.

bottom line is, i like these shoes that's why i copped. i am not copping the coppers or CG XI's for the same reason: i don't like 'em. nobody can tell me otherwise, as i can't tell anybody otherwise either.

for those who copped the varsity reds, enjoy 'em and get your money's worth. i know i will.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and [color= rgb(255, 0, 51)]NOT[/color] getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

Everything comes back full circle eventually.....

Did 2000 Infareds sell out in 10 minutes? Did 2000 Concords sell out in 10 minutes? Hell, did 2000 Spacejams sell out in 10 minutes?

The answer is hell no to all 3. I strolled into Athlete's Foot on release day & copped all 3 with no problem. Back then shoe buying made sense.....no shoe sold out of all stores immediately. I copped my 96' Concords 3 days after the release date!!! Matter fact only the Black /Cement 4s sold out in about a day in most spots cause that was the first shoe in this recent retro boom. A hot shoe took about a week or so to sell out completely...& I'm talking about a "hot shoe". There were no camping out or line ups for Fire Red 5s, True Blue 3s, Cement 4s in either colorways when they retroed years back. If you wanted the shoe, you woke your !## up & copped with ease. And some you could do days later. Why was that?

Cause only mofos that wanted the shoes were copping!!! Wasn't no internet persuading necessary. Wasn't no " I don't like the shoe but I wanna be cool, so I'll buy it anyways" happening. Nobody was buying multiple pairs of everything like they got more than 2 feet!!! You got your one pair & kept it moving. And lastly, poundscums known today as resellers didn't exist!!! Remember Laney 5s went on sale when they dropped, the same shoe some of ya'll would line up for if they re-released next week. But to clearance it went because nothing sold out immediately when things made sense. Matter fact....The first I EVER heard of lining up for a Jay was the DMP pack which would explain why I don't own those. I was like, "Who the #%&@ camps out for shoes?! " & went back to sleep.

So now ya'll complain when a Jordan doesn't sell out in 5 minutes due to un-necessary hype & reselling. Insane!!!

Btw...thou it's not infared, these black/red 6s are on point. And I prefer the material compared to the recent nubuck offerings that JB have been putting out. Maybe I can actually wear these without the toebox creasing like a muva' after 2 wears. For example...check Black/Metallic 5s or CDP 4s. But ya'll on this board crying for that paper thin nubuck?!

Please.......
Co-sign.  That's the word.  Respect.
Thanks for layin that out bruh. Keepin it 100.

^^promo shoes was the highest i saw at $280. iam now thankfull citysole made me cancel my preorder.

How do I remove glue stains without harming the necessary bindingglue? ( The Excess glue is above the vis-air unit red part)

Try rubbing alcohol on a q-tip? So you won't overdo it.

Easy cop for me this morning, glad to finally have a pair of VI's in the collection. Hope the white/red will be an easy cop too.

Went to the mall to see the quality for myself,
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
and walked out. Never planned on getting them but since the infareds are my favorite J's ever I had some hope they might be worth coppin if I seen them in person. But they just didnt do it for me. At least there is another pair for someone who does want them.

i'm lovin mines. wore mines today. real comfortable and sexy
super easy cop. went to the mall around 10:30am and got mines for 148 using my 15 dolla off coupon.
these are definitely worth coppin. my suede isn't bad lookin at all. when i saw the big kids, they look dope in nubick, i can't even lie about that.

Originally Posted by magicmike872

23SOLE Im with you. If these kicks would have sold out, kids would of thought they were the best ever! It's either you like the shoe or you don't. Don't like what Kanye likes, or what is hard to find, because I could name plenty of shoes that are limited that are wack! I remeber when I bought my OG Concords. People looked at me like I was a idiot for buying patenet leather shoes, but I did not care because I liked them. Key phrase being "I liked them". You kids should try that sometime...

Yep magicmike I totally agree! I specifically remember in 7th grade people saying the two holes in the the tongue on my basketball shoes were stupid and way too much for a shoe... now look at them.  I also remember that with the flashy silver tongue, fuzzy Jumpman (VII), and the patent leather.  Funny, I think a lot will be said the same about the "window" on the 2010's, and that's why I like them.  They are different and not like all the other shoes- it's how JB started!

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by chubzpgp

theres a lot of douchery from a couple of people in here, mainly from Ninjahood and the dude sickickz,(the dude with kankles in his avatar). You've been posting the same tired $%+!%*+*........they may be available still in some place but some places are sold out. These sold extremely well and you guys are in here with the "OMG THEREZ STILL MAD PAIRZ AVAILABLE, THESE SHOEZ FAILED " No, the only fail in here is you guys because people in this thread, id say a good 95% bought these sneakers. And some that didn't just simply had the class to say they werent getting them and were never heard from again. You guys were in this every damn day...Get a life fellas, or at the very least a women. You guys literally must have no life if you are in here, as it seems 24/7 talking crap. You guys clown these people for buying these shoes because they like them? Excuse me but that is what this sneaker hobby/life is about. You buy what you like. If you guys can't handle that, then maybe it's time you picked up a new hobby.

I maybe a new signup to this forum but ive been collecting/wearing Jordans since 1988.
*waits for nikekidwonder and gottabtheshoes or whatever to post their approval from his post.*
laugh.gif

oh em gee I got big ankles. I must be morbidly obese.
laugh.gif

95% ? Really? If that's true, honestly JB wasn't accepting 95%. Somewhere btw 99% and 100%. Thats' a fail in JB's eyes.

I do have a lady. Funny you'd mention that because she just came back with her sisters from doing a little shopping at the mall. She saw those 6s at FTL and said that they were selling the shoes I have.
laugh.gif
 I said those aren't my shoes on sale. I asked her how they looked and she said it had quite of bit of dust on them. Was that the coating they used?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Finally, you aren't impressing anyone that you've been in this since 88. That's a sign of "i'm better than u", "i demand respect" and it only adds more flame to the newbies that hate the OGs.

no im just better than you, and i got the bank account to show for it

Originally Posted by bAMAZING

Ninja always drops the knowledge! Lol. Do you look this stuff up or just know it?

Im 26, & been on this site 8 years, so you can chalk it up to experience & common sense .

Originally Posted by Antdiddy

I saw $200+ on some sites. I wanna know how those pre order guys feel right now?

obviously it's no big deal since more than likely money isnt a problem for us  

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and [color= rgb(255, 0, 51)]NOT[/color] getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

Everything comes back full circle eventually.....

Did 2000 Infareds sell out in 10 minutes? Did 2000 Concords sell out in 10 minutes? Hell, did 2000 Spacejams sell out in 10 minutes?

The answer is hell no to all 3. I strolled into Athlete's Foot on release day & copped all 3 with no problem. Back then shoe buying made sense.....no shoe sold out of all stores immediately. I copped my 96' Concords 3 days after the release date!!! Matter fact only the Black /Cement 4s sold out in about a day in most spots cause that was the first shoe in this recent retro boom. A hot shoe took about a week or so to sell out completely...& I'm talking about a "hot shoe". There were no camping out or line ups for Fire Red 5s, True Blue 3s, Cement 4s in either colorways when they retroed years back. If you wanted the shoe, you woke your !## up & copped with ease. And some you could do days later. Why was that?

Cause only mofos that wanted the shoes were copping!!! Wasn't no internet persuading necessary. Wasn't no " I don't like the shoe but I wanna be cool, so I'll buy it anyways" happening. Nobody was buying multiple pairs of everything like they got more than 2 feet!!! You got your one pair & kept it moving. And lastly, poundscums known today as resellers didn't exist!!! Remember Laney 5s went on sale when they dropped, the same shoe some of ya'll would line up for if they re-released next week. But to clearance it went because nothing sold out immediately when things made sense. Matter fact....The first I EVER heard of lining up for a Jay was the DMP pack which would explain why I don't own those. I was like, "Who the #%&@ camps out for shoes?! " & went back to sleep.

So now ya'll complain when a Jordan doesn't sell out in 5 minutes due to un-necessary hype & reselling. Insane!!!

Btw...thou it's not infared, these black/red 6s are on point. And I prefer the material compared to the recent nubuck offerings that JB have been putting out. Maybe I can actually wear these without the toebox creasing like a muva' after 2 wears. For example...check Black/Metallic 5s or CDP 4s. But ya'll on this board crying for that paper thin nubuck?!

Please.......
QFT
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

theres a lot of douchery from a couple of people in here, mainly from Ninjahood and the dude sickickz,(the dude with kankles in his avatar). You've been posting the same tired $%+!%*+*........they may be available still in some place but some places are sold out. These sold extremely well and you guys are in here with the "OMG THEREZ STILL MAD PAIRZ AVAILABLE, THESE SHOEZ FAILED " No, the only fail in here is you guys because people in this thread, id say a good 95% bought these sneakers. And some that didn't just simply had the class to say they werent getting them and were never heard from again. You guys were in this every damn day...Get a life fellas, or at the very least a women. You guys literally must have no life if you are in here, as it seems 24/7 talking crap. You guys clown these people for buying these shoes because they like them? Excuse me but that is what this sneaker hobby/life is about. You buy what you like. If you guys can't handle that, then maybe it's time you picked up a new hobby.

I maybe a new signup to this forum but ive been collecting/wearing Jordans since 1988.
*waits for nikekidwonder and gottabtheshoes or whatever to post their approval from his post.*
laugh.gif

oh em gee I got big ankles. I must be morbidly obese.
laugh.gif

95% ? Really? If that's true, honestly JB wasn't accepting 95%. Somewhere btw 99% and 100%. Thats' a fail in JB's eyes.

I do have a lady. Funny you'd mention that because she just came back with her sisters from doing a little shopping at the mall. She saw those 6s at FTL and said that they were selling the shoes I have.
laugh.gif
 I said those aren't my shoes on sale. I asked her how they looked and she said it had quite of bit of dust on them. Was that the coating they used?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Finally, you aren't impressing anyone that you've been in this since 88. That's a sign of "i'm better than u", "i demand respect" and it only adds more flame to the newbies that hate the OGs.

no im just better than you, and i got the bank account to show for it

Not disrespecting but why you always talking about how much money you've got? Instead of paying way over retail, why not wait and send an extra $50 to Haiti? To me that's a better use of money... if you got sooooo much.

I am a bit surprised that these did not sell a better, however I kind of expected it since everyone blew there load on the space jams.
Also withe the Dark Knight Kobe release getting hype the last few days i think some of the market shifted towards those.

But I do agree with the post above that noted these probably will have decent value in the future after they all sell, and a few years pass and people are hurting for some black/red VI's.

Back
Top Bottom