OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

Originally Posted by nycpushhead

Pickup 2 pairs today at footlocker for 220.00. To me personally [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]these beat out carmines. [/color]My fav and only 6s I like. Too many noobs in here talkin about how well the shoes sell out determine how hot they are , its funny they say that and the ogs they talk about never even sold out fast as they think they did and they think those are hot. Buy what u like. I think that now a lot of people pockets are hurting its just different times and a lot more people want this shoe just don't have the money
that was your opinion yes, but do me a favor until you find something more sensible to come out your mouth log off and come back when you do.
indifferent.gif
The irony of your post 
roll.gif

Infrareds > Carmines

Those are the sneaker that Jordan won his first title in, not something hypebeast built up 
pimp.gif
thx magic now that kinda sounds like someone who was brought into this world with sense but i have to disagree because the carmines look 
pimp.gif
wink.gif

Of course the same ol' dudes gripin with that same ol' worn out B$, never get tired of hearing themselves say the same thing over and over again.  So, here's a little something to remind most of us here why we started in this shoe game in the first place.

Peace and Respect.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

quick question tho, if i were to not cancel, and wait for 'em to be delivered, can i return them to a local nike outlet store?
Yeah you can return Nike purchases to your local outlet.  Just need the receipt.

i'm kinda pissy cause i wore them yesterday and they kinda yellowed on the sides. wtfizz! tried cleanin them and it didn't come off.

Originally Posted by b7stang

Originally Posted by HAGS

All I know is I am 31 and had the originals in 7th grade
I had the originals in 7th grade too!  I still have mine actually.  They are quite torn up though.
Dang!!!! How the He## did you keep them?  I beat mine down then then I'd just get rid of them or throw em away!
eyes.gif
 Never knew that I'd would still want them in my 30's
smile.gif

Originally Posted by b7stang

All I know is I am 31 and had the originals in 7th grade
I had the originals in 7th grade too!  I still have mine actually.  They are quite torn up though.
Dang!!!! How the He## did you keep them?  I beat mine down then then I'd just get rid of them or throw em away!
eyes.gif
 Never knew that I'd would still want them in my 30's
smile.gif

Lol....oh they are torn up!  I still have my sz 8 white/maroon VIs as well in the OG box too.  My mom visited me from out of town a few years back and had all of this "stuff" from in the attic to give me.  I thought it was mostly junk, but when I found 2 pairs of my OG VIs and my one pair of OG VIIs I was in heaven.  I have tons of OG lace locks as well from Vs and VIs because I collected them back then.  I wish she wouldn't have thrown away my Vs, but I'm fortunate enough to have these.

laugh.gif
I was gone for 2 days and come back on the forum today only to found Ninjahood and sickickz23 still in here arguing they have been in here complaining since page 7 its now almost on page 320 pages  and there still in here hating on these kicks .....

roll.gif

See " taventerpool" I said cuz that's how I feel I don't care what u or anyother hype head thinks is the best VIs.. Its a great shoe, its just that colorway is not my taste. Relax homie it ant that serious, if u know what u like then u know what it is,

i don't get why people are hating on these at all. Great material, icy, fresh as hell. There is no reason to hate on these at all. these were my first double cop and i cannot wait to rock my pair. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Air Murphy 23

copped earlier, just looked in the box and I got 2 right shoes fml. Hopefully they still have my size tomorrow :-/

Holy lipshietz.... you serious fam?

Damn... i ain't talking about infants on nipples when i say:

THAT SUCKS!!!

Jordan Brand should've been doing releases like this 4 years ago. Easy stress free shopping
laugh.gif
.  Me personally I didn't want these good peeps got their pair.

hey NT i need to know what kind of water proofer to use in these
i have some from footaction called sneaker protector water proofer
is this what i should use?
is there a certain kind made for suede and nubuck or is this it?
im asking because the instructions say," for suede and nubuck use footaction suede and nubuck cleaner"
it says nothing about a water proofer made for suede and nubuck
is the cleaner also a proofer?
do i have the right stuff?
thanks

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Originally Posted by magicmike872

23SOLEIm with you. If these kicks would have sold out, kids would of thoughtthey were the best ever! It's either you like the shoe or you don't.Don't like what Kanye likes, or what is hard to find, because I couldname plenty of shoes that are limited that are wack! I remeber when Ibought my OG Concords. People looked at me like I was a idiot forbuying patenet leather shoes, but I did not care because I liked them.Key phrase being "I liked them". You kids should try that sometime...

Yepmagicmike I totally agree! I specifically remember in 7th grade peoplesaying the two holes in the the tongue on my basketball shoes werestupid and way too much for a shoe... now look at them.  I alsoremember that with the flashy silver tongue, fuzzy Jumpman (VII), andthe patent leather.  Funny, I think a lot will be said the same aboutthe "window" on the 2010's, and that's why I like them.  They aredifferent and not like all the other shoes- it's how JB started!
Exactly!!!!Yes I remember people sayin that to a tee!...Air Jordans always pushedthe envelope and be unique...but ya know I loved Air Jordans because Ijust wanted to be like Mike..these kids don't know the feeling of havina pair of sneakers being worn by the man himself and watching em ontv...  nowadays some buy em cuz of hype, exclusiveness, and re-sellingetc. Back then we just liked the shoe for what it is and what it meantto us. To us o.g. heads it's purely nostalgic...
Yep..shoulda added this too.... How many of you 25+ remember sitting rightin front of the TV so you could get a grasp of a new color or if it wasthe All Star game a new model? No forums, no internet, no clear pics ofa shoe that released in 6 months.  It's different now but this is why Istill collect, to grasp a little of those memories even though it willnever be the same.  People talking like 2000 was the good ol days, hellnaw! Watching Mike on WGN trying to see what he was wearing were thegood ol days!!!!!

Man I been on Niketalk sinceit started. I barely even post anywhere on the site. I probablyregistered a few years later. But reading you guys posts really got me.I got to reply to this. Back then Watching MJ on TV was REALLY the goodold days. Its a certain feeling you get seeing the man step out on thefloor with those shoes on man
smokin.gif
.or when Ahmad Rashad held the Concords in his hand, or when MJ wore the1's at MSG, when he was laying on the floor crying after the 4thchampionship. The black/red XII's during the flu game and the Bullsdown by 16 in the second quarter. Sitting there biting your nails.Coming back on March 18th against the Knicks with 45 on and the ChicagoX's. I can go on and on about these moments I seen live. But the pointis these moment accentuated the experience of buying theseshoes.....hence why we still buy Air Jordan's today. For the truest andsincerest reasons. The MAN (MJ) himself. Shout out to HAGS and 23SOLE.You guys are on point. Keep trying to school these youngins.
laugh.gif

On that note one story I remember of MJ was the first game after his first retirement.  I remember having to wake up early (West Coast) and running downstairs to record the game against the Pacers.  I was so happy that day to see MJ back on the court (even if he was wearing that weird #45) I think if I search hard enough the tape could still be around.  And yes, I always thought Amad Rashad was the luckiest dude.  I swear NBC kept him just because him and MJ were boys.
Also funny story about the VIs.  This was probably in middle school.  I remember my dad taking me to the store (some local spot) to buy some sneakers.  I guess it was that time of the year.  And I remember the sales lady trying to sell me the VIs but I didn't want them because they were old.  Mind you the VIIs just dropped and I was looking for those.  The sales lady tried to pass them off as "the newest Jordan"  But I wasnt having it.  She was probably thinking how'd this little kid know so much about sneakers.  I saw the display for the VIIs and those were what I wanted ( I guess they didnt have them in yet)  Needless to say we left and my dad wasnt very happy with me that I had to get the "newest" Jordan but being the brat I was we went to a larger chain to find the VIIs.  To this day he always tells me the story when he hears of my lastest sneaker conquest or find and always ask "arent you too old to be collecting sneakers"  But I blame him for getting me into it.  We probably didnt realize it, but once he got me the OG grape Vs in elementry school, the rest was history.

we dont say the yr 2000 was the greatest yea for jordan.....we just say it was the best year for RETROS!!!

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by Air Murphy 23

copped earlier, just looked in the box and I got 2 right shoes fml. Hopefully they still have my size tomorrow :-/

Holy lipshietz.... you serious fam?

Damn... i ain't talking about infants on nipples when i say:

THAT SUCKS!!!

That sucks......maybe this could be a new fad where Jordan only releases the right shoe?  lol....we pay half the cost & we never have to decide if we'll wear them or not...lol.

I hope you get that figured out...I say they owe you a gift card or something for the inconvenience.

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

hey NT i need to know what kind of water proofer to use in these
i have some from footaction called sneaker protector water proofer
is this what i should use?
is there a certain kind made for suede and nubuck or is this it?
im asking because the instructions say," for suede and nubuck use footaction suede and nubuck cleaner"
it says nothing about a water proofer made for suede and nubuck
is the cleaner also a proofer?
do i have the right stuff?
thanks

They are separate products. What I want to know is how do you clean suede without drying it our or messing the color up
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom