OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

I wasant planning on getting these since All Star weekend is coming up and so many shoes coming out Foams, All Star Kobe/Lebron's. But after seeing them in person I was pretty impressed and had to cop em. these are gonna replace my black/silver 5s that I wear almost everyday.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MrRaiRai

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

JAYFIEND wrote:

I swear once OG dudes realize its not 2000 anymore the JB forum will be so much better.
This guy wants a better forum instead of better shoes
smh.gif
I actually agree with Jayfiend. We can control the forum but we can't control what JB does. He's right its not 2000 anymore. Get over it already.

this is whats wrong with this section, and it remains da stinkhole of NT, ya would rather just bend over and take sucky retros then actually demand better...you think

no one reads these comments?

according to RW they do, but ehhhhh they know what theyre doing
smh.gif

heres the thing most of you fools don't understand...
they aren't going to change jack %@%! for you. go ahead and cry and @%!** about some damn SNEAKERS online like some little girls. you are grown men...

stop acting like children, if you don't like what you see, log the hell off. honestly, you ruin everyone else's experience on the site with all that nonsense.
i bet, if more dudes stopped crying about every release, these threads would be 50 pages shorter..

s
Originally Posted by neakermane

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and [color= rgb(255, 0, 51)]NOT[/color] getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

Everything comes back full circle eventually.....

Did 2000 Infareds sell out in 10 minutes? Did 2000 Concords sell out in 10 minutes? Hell, did 2000 Spacejams sell out in 10 minutes?

The answer is hell no to all 3. I strolled into Athlete's Foot on release day & copped all 3 with no problem. Back then shoe buying made sense.....no shoe sold out of all stores immediately. I copped my 96' Concords 3 days after the release date!!! Matter fact only the Black /Cement 4s sold out in about a day in most spots cause that was the first shoe in this recent retro boom. A hot shoe took about a week or so to sell out completely...& I'm talking about a "hot shoe". There were no camping out or line ups for Fire Red 5s, True Blue 3s, Cement 4s in either colorways when they retroed years back. If you wanted the shoe, you woke your !## up & copped with ease. And some you could do days later. Why was that?

Cause only mofos that wanted the shoes were copping!!! Wasn't no internet persuading necessary. Wasn't no " I don't like the shoe but I wanna be cool, so I'll buy it anyways" happening. Nobody was buying multiple pairs of everything like they got more than 2 feet!!! You got your one pair & kept it moving. And lastly, poundscums known today as resellers didn't exist!!! Remember Laney 5s went on sale when they dropped, the same shoe some of ya'll would line up for if they re-released next week. But to clearance it went because nothing sold out immediately when things made sense. Matter fact....The first I EVER heard of lining up for a Jay was the DMP pack which would explain why I don't own those. I was like, "Who the #%&@ camps out for shoes?! " & went back to sleep.

So now ya'll complain when a Jordan doesn't sell out in 5 minutes due to un-necessary hype & reselling. Insane!!!

Btw...thou it's not infared, these black/red 6s are on point. And I prefer the material compared to the recent nubuck offerings that JB have been putting out. Maybe I can actually wear these without the toebox creasing like a muva' after 2 wears. For example...check Black/Metallic 5s or CDP 4s. But ya'll on this board crying for that paper thin nubuck?!

Please.......
preach my dude. a lot of dudes are caught up on hype. and a lot of these "og" heads are caught up on heir own egos about these damn sneakers.
get the shoes if you want, and if you don't want them, just go on with your life. more people need to grow up and act like grown men.
dudes acting like they didn't get the Christmas present that JB promised them.

did anyone size down .5 on these?

and how soft is that suede?!? soooo nice man...

picked up my pair today, 30% off...

i think i'm gonna cancel my ndc order for my 2nd pair tho, i only need one pair of these. if they're still available in my size in 2 weeks i might get my connect to cop another pair for me with his discount.

quick question tho, if i were to not cancel, and wait for 'em to be delivered, can i return them to a local nike outlet store?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

did anyone size down .5 on these?

and how soft is that suede?!? soooo nice man...

picked up my pair today, 30% off...

i think i'm gonna cancel my ndc order for my 2nd pair tho, i only need one pair of these. if they're still available in my size in 2 weeks i might get my connect to cop another pair for me with his discount.

quick question tho, if i were to not cancel, and wait for 'em to be delivered, can i return them to a local nike outlet store?

I had to go down a half a size.I usually rock sz 10's but I ended up picking up a 9.5.

Pickup 2 pairs today at footlocker for 220.00. To me personally these beat out carmines. My fav and only 6s I like. Too many noobs in here talkin about how well the shoes sell out determine how hot they are , its funny they say that and the ogs they talk about never even sold out fast as they think they did and they think those are hot. Buy what u like. I think that now a lot of people pockets are hurting its just different times and a lot more people want this shoe just don't have the money

Originally Posted by TrunksSSJ23

Lmao at dude saying easiest cop of 2010. This is like the what, 3rd Jordan release of 2010?

haha...no! at least I have a freaken life and don't spend numerous times checking on release dates, like you brah.  What I meant to say was this was by far the easiest cop for me in long time.  

i wore mine out last night to dinner with the girl. still look mad fresh. i feel like the pics i have seen do not do these justice. when i copped them i was almost afraid to open the box because i was envisioning ashy larry chillin in there, but these are dope.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sneakermane wrote:

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

I haven't been here in a while, but damn this "retro thing" really has declined hasn't it? In terms of sales that is. Maybe its the economy, but had this have been 2004 or 2005 these would have went faster than a chilly bowl in a homeless shelter, minor imperfections or not. I remember a time when people considered these as the holy grail and would do anything to get a pair. Back in 2000 I remember standing in line for these and NOT getting them because idiots bum rushed the gates, but thats all in the past now. Today I went into a packed mall and managed to pick up a pair around 4pm hassle-free. Probably the best looking retro I've seen in a while.

Everything comes back full circle eventually.....

Did 2000 Infareds sell out in 10 minutes? Did 2000 Concords sell out in 10 minutes? Hell, did 2000 Spacejams sell out in 10 minutes?

The answer is hell no to all 3. I strolled into Athlete's Foot on release day & copped all 3 with no problem. Back then shoe buying made sense.....no shoe sold out of all stores immediately. I copped my 96' Concords 3 days after the release date!!! Matter fact only the Black /Cement 4s sold out in about a day in most spots cause that was the first shoe in this recent retro boom. A hot shoe took about a week or so to sell out completely...& I'm talking about a "hot shoe". There were no camping out or line ups for Fire Red 5s, True Blue 3s, Cement 4s in either colorways when they retroed years back. If you wanted the shoe, you woke your !## up & copped with ease. And some you could do days later. Why was that?

Cause only mofos that wanted the shoes were copping!!! Wasn't no internet persuading necessary. Wasn't no " I don't like the shoe but I wanna be cool, so I'll buy it anyways" happening. Nobody was buying multiple pairs of everything like they got more than 2 feet!!! You got your one pair & kept it moving. And lastly, poundscums known today as resellers didn't exist!!! Remember Laney 5s went on sale when they dropped, the same shoe some of ya'll would line up for if they re-released next week. But to clearance it went because nothing sold out immediately when things made sense. Matter fact....The first I EVER heard of lining up for a Jay was the DMP pack which would explain why I don't own those. I was like, "Who the #%&@ camps out for shoes?! " & went back to sleep.

So now ya'll complain when a Jordan doesn't sell out in 5 minutes due to un-necessary hype & reselling. Insane!!!

Btw...thou it's not infared, these black/red 6s are on point. And I prefer the material compared to the recent nubuck offerings that JB have been putting out. Maybe I can actually wear these without the toebox creasing like a muva' after 2 wears. For example...check Black/Metallic 5s or CDP 4s. But ya'll on this board crying for that paper thin nubuck?!

Please.......
Well said..
pimp.gif
  I feel this is more of a "sneakerheads" release.  Only true sneakerheads were out this morning to get these, not everybody and their momma trying to look cute and put them on right then to "stunt " on people.  Everybody I was in line with appreciate a good shoe when they see one.  Not one was arguing semantics about the shade of red or materials.  These are mos def one of the better quality retros in the past years.

Originally Posted by nycpushhead

Pickup 2 pairs today at footlocker for 220.00. To me personally [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]these beat out carmines. [/color]My fav and only 6s I like. Too many noobs in here talkin about how well the shoes sell out determine how hot they are , its funny they say that and the ogs they talk about never even sold out fast as they think they did and they think those are hot. Buy what u like. I think that now a lot of people pockets are hurting its just different times and a lot more people want this shoe just don't have the money
that was your opinion yes, but do me a favor until you find something more sensible to come out your mouth log off and come back when you do.
indifferent.gif

Man.. I swear this is becoming too much like b%^&# talk instead of Niketalk.. everybody is commenting on the next persons opinion. Look.. this is a good shoe.. this is what we're getting.. they sold better than a lot of single sold retros in recent years.. Although its not infared and the material doesnt compare to those of the past.. this is a good shoe compared to a lot shoes that I gladly passed on.. and when Jordan finally makes a decent shoe.. I'm going to jump on the opprotunity.. because it may be another 10 years before Jordan goes back to their Quality focus that they were known for back in the 90s-early 00s. The problem I have with this is, at first.. EVERYONE had a problem with this shoe when news first spread.. and majority of you had your mind set that these were trash.. now.. you guys or having a second opinion about the shoe.. and for the people whom have disliked this retro from the jump have stuck with the same opinion and still have that same opinion have every right to diss this shoe.. because a lot of you posers on here really dont know what you're talking about.. these posts should either read "copped".. "didnt cop" "like em".. "don't like em" and keep it movin'!
tired.gif

its hilarious how they're advertising em on nike.com like they're some sort of accurate representation of a proper retro...they even brightened up da color to look more

infrared
laugh.gif

Ordered mine from FL.com... sent them to my house back in the states.. im in israel for a while. so im pissed i wont be able to see them, but the pics here look great.

Originally Posted by McCree23

Man I been on Niketalk since it started. I barely even post anywhere on the site. I probably registered a few years later. But reading you guys posts really got me. I got to reply to this. Back then Watching MJ on TV was REALLY the good old days. Its a certain feeling you get seeing the man step out on the floor with those shoes on man
smokin.gif
. or when Ahmad Rashad held the Concords in his hand, or when MJ wore the 1's at MSG, when he was laying on the floor crying after the 4th championship. The black/red XII's during the flu game and the Bulls down by 16 in the second quarter. Sitting there biting your nails. Coming back on March 18th against the Knicks with 45 on and the Chicago X's. I can go on and on about these moments I seen live. But the point is these moment accentuated the experience of buying these shoes.....hence why we still buy Air Jordan's today. For the truest and sincerest reasons. The MAN (MJ) himself. Shout out to HAGS and 23SOLE. You guys are on point. Keep trying to school these youngins.
laugh.gif
Those are def the good old days.  Anybody who missed out on actually seeing these moment as they transpired really can't fully understand why some of these kicks mean so much.  As soon as you see the shoe, it automatically takes you back to a certain MJ moment.  Nicely put!

But MJ came back on the 19th of March, against the Pacers!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

Originally Posted by nycpushhead

Pickup 2 pairs today at footlocker for 220.00. To me personally [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]these beat out carmines. [/color]My fav and only 6s I like. Too many noobs in here talkin about how well the shoes sell out determine how hot they are , its funny they say that and the ogs they talk about never even sold out fast as they think they did and they think those are hot. Buy what u like. I think that now a lot of people pockets are hurting its just different times and a lot more people want this shoe just don't have the money
that was your opinion yes, but do me a favor until you find something more sensible to come out your mouth log off and come back when you do.
indifferent.gif
The irony of your post 
roll.gif

Infrareds > Carmines

Those are the sneaker that Jordan won his first title in, not something hypebeast built up 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAGS

All I know is I am 31 and had the originals in 7th grade
I had the originals in 7th grade too!  I still have mine actually.  They are quite torn up though.

Back
Top Bottom