Official Jordan XI Thread

Ogs always the best

Attachments

• A8BD3123-DDC5-4291-A585-0AF45A57CB45.jpeg
    A8BD3123-DDC5-4291-A585-0AF45A57CB45.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 2,105
I don't need maintaining my shoes like that. it shouldn't have a squeak at all unless JB made them toddler shoes like this.....

It’s not ongoing maintenance. I agree it’s insane XIs ever had and still have this problem. But at least when I’ve done it, one time takes care of it. And the entire process maybe takes 20 minutes. I love XIs, so between that and never wearing them (I will not wear squeaky shoes, period), it’s an easy quick fix and a no-brainer for me.

It’s not ongoing maintenance. I agree it’s insane XIs ever had and still have this problem. But at least when I’ve done it, one time takes care of it. And the entire process maybe takes 20 minutes. I love XIs, so between that and never wearing them (I will not wear squeaky shoes, period), it’s an easy quick fix and a no-brainer for me.
Which are of the shoes did you apply the lubricant on?

Which are of the shoes did you apply the lubricant on?

Take out the laces to give yourself room to work. Remove the insoles. There are two little holes in the strobel, one in the forefoot and one in the heel. Stick the plastic straw of the lubricant can into or directly on the hole and squirt a small amount into each. Shake the shoe around for 30 seconds. Let it dry and air out for 20 or 30 minutes, put the shoe on and see if that took care of it. If not, repeat the process one more time and that should do it. I also usually squirt a little inside the shoe along both sides (right and left) of the forefoot and heel area where the strobel meets the upper, just for good measure.

You DO NOT need to saturate the shoe. Just a couple quick spurts of spray is all you need, and if the first application doesn't remove the squeaking entirely, repeat the process. Less is better than more here; it's better to slowly apply the lubricant until the squeaking goes away than it is to just blast the things with too much lubricant. I don't want my shoes smelling like the stuff.

Take out the laces to give yourself room to work. Remove the insoles. There are two little holes in the strobel, one in the forefoot and one in the heel. Stick the plastic straw of the lubricant can into or directly on the hole and squirt a small amount into each. Shake the shoe around for 30 seconds. Let it dry and air out for 20 or 30 minutes, put the shoe on and see if that took care of it. If not, repeat the process one more time and that should do it. I also usually squirt a little inside the shoe along both sides (right and left) of the forefoot and heel area where the strobel meets the upper, just for good measure.

You DO NOT need to saturate the shoe. Just a couple quick spurts of spray is all you need, and if the first application doesn't remove the squeaking entirely, repeat the process. Less is better than more here; it's better to slowly apply the lubricant until the squeaking goes away than it is to just blast the things with too much lubricant. I don't want my shoes smelling like the stuff.
I've done all that from baby powder to WD-40. it does work for a time til it returns back again after a few months. just saying that it is annoying since other shoes don't have to undergo such maintenance from time to time. another shoe that has this same problem is the Air Monarchs.

I've done all that from baby powder to WD-40. it does work for a time til it returns back again after a few months. just saying that it is annoying since other shoes don't have to undergo such maintenance from time to time. another shoe that has this same problem is the Air Monarchs.
Baby powder does nothing for XIs that have the squeak coming from INSIDE the midsole.
I did it precisely once to my black/red IE lows when I got them, and they never squeaked again despite me wearing them more than any other shoe for nearly the past two years.
I did it to a pair of my navy snake lows, same thing. I think it came back SLIGHTLY after many months, so I hit them one more time and they never squeaked again for years.
Yes, it's annoying. But some people don't even know about this trick. As I said, if it's between this and never wearing XIs, it's whatever to me. Takes only a small bit of time to do it.

I understand the appeal of these, also with concords creeping up in value theres ppl that missed those that will happily pick these up

Concords still on ice so these arent a needed grab

Not sure where to post this.. but is there any NT members or services online you use to restore shoes? I have a pair of 2009 space jams I tried to reglue myself and let's just say it went great until the glue process.. im throwing in the towel on the diy thing...I need the mid and outsole glued.. any help is appreciated!

The Gratitude XI will be available in a really high quantity come this December, according to this one.

Not sure where to post this.. but is there any NT members or services online you use to restore shoes? I have a pair of 2009 space jams I tried to reglue myself and let's just say it went great until the glue process.. im throwing in the towel on the diy thing...I need the mid and outsole glued.. any help is appreciated!

Try peeping this thread that's relevant for your inquiry that blazers21ntnp blazers21ntnp created a long time ago on this site...

Post your inquiry on there. Provide pictures if possible. Perhaps some peeps can provide input and feedback on your matter.

There was a guy on IG I follow that charges $300 for a full reglue of the midsole and outsole. If that's the going rate, then forget it. I'll move on.

Yeah, I don't have the skill nor the time for the DIY thing. You deserve credit for trying.

Back
Top Bottom