OFFICIAL JUICING THREAD (NOT THAT TYPE OF JUICING)

Jus bought this bad boy. Won't be here til cinco de mayo, but I'm very excited to use it.

Also, for lunch yesterday I went up to Berkeley and ate at cafe gratitude. I had raw "nachos". View media item 941142Sunflower seed pate, salsa fresca, guacamole, sprouted chips and spicy cashew nacho cheese.

A Coconut banana milk with hemp, maca. dates, vanilla bean and salt. Best chocolate banana shake I've ever had.

And for desert I got a peach cobbler in a sprouted crust topped with coconut milk vanilla ice cream.

Later for dinner I actually cooked instead of eating raw and made yellow curry with veggies topped on a spicy brown rice.

If you'd like @djaward I could consistently post the food I eat with pics to give you some ideas. Let me know.

DAWG! THESE LOOK INCREDIBLE

Please post more pics. Whats something like that cost?

I don't know if I have a go to dinner. I switch up nightly and I mix it up weekly.

For instance, one week I might have spaghetti, vegetable curry, teriyaki stir fry, tacos and baked beans. All from scratch. Always with a giant salad with homemade dressing and most of the time with a baked sweet potato.

But then I might add something to the weeks menu and take something away. For example on Monday I made cauliflower "buffalo wings" with a fake bleu cheese dip I made from scratch...I promise you I felt like I was eating the real deal. Also had biscuits and gravy last week. I can post the recipes if you guys want.

People think raw vegans and vegans in general just eat salads, but that **** is boring. You can definitely get creative. Tonight I'm making tacos.

Last edited:
Do you make your own spaghetti? If not, what type do you buy? And I'd love to hear some of your recipes whenever you get a chance.

On a side not: Really appreciate this thread and all of your guys' input, especially you Ben. It's had a profound effect on my diet. I started implementing many of the ideals touched upon and have progressed slowly but, surely since this thread's inauguration.  I now juice daily and after a few months of partaking in a couple of cheat meals weekly in an attempt to eventually become full vegan, I feel as though I have finally reached the point of no return and will not eat another piece of meat or dairy product again. For me it was never about losing weight, but just finding a way to lead a long and healthy life. In juxtaposition, what began here as a thread by djaward about juicing with an emphasis on weight loss has morphed into a very enlightening rundown of overall self well-being for myself and hopefully others.

Last edited:
tarpit tarpit

Great to hear, man. Makes it all worth it to know that the same information that opened my eyes to a plethora of truth is the same information that's awakening others. The feeling of oneness and clarity you feel when you are completely reconnected to the source, Mother Earth, is indescribable. Almost super Saiyan like lol.

I buy brown ride spaghetti noodles. No wheat no gluten. Make the sauce from scratch.

Problem with my recipes is me and my lady get really high and just add spices and what not based off whatever we feel. Don't really use precise measurements or even ingredients. I think we are making spaghetti tonight, though, so I'll try to write it all down and post it.

whats up, guys?

figure id post a little update.

now to start.. ive been juicing for breakfast ONLY, 5 times a week(mon-fri)
for lunch i have a fruit salad consisting of strawberries, blackberries(or blueberries), and raspberries. granny smith apple for a snack.
for dinner, i eat whatever. (chicken, fish, ect). i cut out red meats and obviously fast food. i still drink like 3 times a week too.

anyway, so far ive dropped about 13-15 lbs.

my juice every monring consists of
-1 beat
-1 turnip
-**** load of carrots
-**** load of celery
-1 baby cucumber
-**** load of kale
-1 granny smith apple
-2 clementines

View media item 975528

Cheers :smokin

Lucked out yesterday....called the Bed Bath & Beyond by my house to hold a Vitamix 4500 until I could go pick it up later that afternoon. I just moved into a new house, so I had to go over there anyway to get a couple of other items. Long story short, the only Vitamix they had on display was the 4500, but they gave me the 5200 instead and I'm not sure why, but I really don't care LOL. In addition, the cashier took applied one of the 20% off coupons (fine print says they can't be used on the Vitamix), so I got it for $399 instead of $499. :pimp: Joint is RIDICULOUSLY powerful. Smoothie this morning was awesome. Can't wait to grind up some sweet potatoes tomorrow.

Lucked out yesterday....called the Bed Bath & Beyond by my house to hold a Vitamix 4500 until I could go pick it up later that afternoon. I just moved into a new house, so I had to go over there anyway to get a couple of other items. Long story short, the only Vitamix they had on display was the 4500, but they gave me the 5200 instead and I'm not sure why, but I really don't care LOL. In addition, the cashier took applied one of the 20% off coupons (fine print says they can't be used on the Vitamix), so I got it for $399 instead of $499. :pimp: Joint is RIDICULOUSLY powerful. Smoothie this morning was awesome. Can't wait to grind up some sweet potatoes tomorrow.

bed bath n beyond is DEF the best place to cop these joints :nerd:

told yall.

I'm trying to lose weight (cut) so I'm avoiding natural sugar as well. any recipes I should look into?
as of now I've used mainly celery + carrots as a base.

Bump.

Any place for recipes :nerd:

Just copped a blender :smokin

This is a great book:

book-cover.jpg

A few recipes that I like...

Spinach
2 Bananas
1/2 Apple
Ice
Water
Agave

Kale
2 Bananas
Avocado
Ice
Water
Agave

Sweet Potato
2 Bananas
Ice
Milk
Water
Cinnamon
Agave
(tastes a bit like Horchata :pimp: )

I need a VitaMix...that'll be my birthday purchase in September I believe...hell of a deal you got JJs! Assume its been well worth it as well right?

It's been WELL worth it! One of the best purchases I've made recently.

Nice. Thanks for the book rec btw, I've been picking up a few here and there - just threw that one in my Amazon cart

Nice. Thanks for the book rec btw, I've been picking up a few here and there - just threw that one in my Amazon cart

I just got into the whole smoothie craze/juicing about 2 years ago. Safe to say that I'm hooked. It's an easy way for my daughter to get in her veggies that she wouldn't normally eat on her plate, and it's delicious.

Another recipe that I tried last week...no one in my house liked it but me :lol:

Watermelon
Cucumber
Mint
Ice
Water
Agave

I need a VitaMix...that'll be my birthday purchase in September I believe...hell of a deal you got JJs! Assume its been well worth it as well right?
well worth it.........until you stop using it.

i got a vitamix back in december. i used it everyday when i first got it. then it kinda shifted to using it a couple times a week. now i only use when i extra veggies and fruits lying around that i need to get rid of. its sooooooo much easier and better than regular juicing, especially the cleaning aspect, but i was just spending a ton of money on fruits and veggies, sometimes buying certain things for a particular recipe and not even using the rest (like agave or watercrest). so now sometimes ill look over at the vitamix and think, 'i spent 500 on that
indifferent.gif
'

i still get in my smoothie phases so i love having it around. better than going out and buying one. i guess its one of those long term investment kind of things

Or its a purchase you make when you already juice everyday.

I didn't buy my vitamix til I already had been juicing everyday for 3 years.

One of the best purchases I've made.

Sup guys. It makes me happy to know this thread is still going.

Im still juicing twice a day with light eating. Still have my In n Out once every two weeks. I prefer turkey meat over red meat now..

For those new to juicing, check out this site. Has a lot of recipes for you guys. Try them out and let us know which one is your favorite.

http://www.all-about-juicing.com/

Sup Guys, I want to apologize for being MIA in this thread. Bees extremely busy with work, djing and kids.

Just wanted to update you guys real quick,

For some odd reason I havent weighed myself for over 2 months. Im still juicing and eating healthy with workouts being done once in a while (not as much as I would like too) .

I had to buy new clothes because instead of getting compliments on my new look, I was getting criticized on my clothed and how baggy they were.

Im finally able to fit in a sz 36 pants (still a little too tight for my liking though) check it out,

View media item 966428

Next goal is a sz 32 and losing 30 more pounds.

Size 32 what the heck? 36 is perfect

Trying to get to the 32 range too, traded in the juicing for smoothies and still working out 3x a week. Also trying to watch my diet but I can't front I'm not that strict. I'm down to a 34 I'll get there soon.

Kale shakes twice a day with a light lunch has been my routine for the work week. Let's keep it going guys!

Traded in my juicer for a nutribullet, couldn't be more happy. Take a lot less veggies and easy to clean up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump.
Just copped this and wanted to share with the NT fam
View media item 1089129NutriBullet 12-pc. 600-Watt Superfood Nutrition Extractor & Blender Set for $58.85 + Free Shipping. (Retail $119.99)

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-10...uperfood-nutrition-extractor-blender-set.jsp?

Add Coupon Codes: HOMESALE10, JUST4U, SUNNY and SHIP50JULY

:x

my frend just bought one yesterday, played with it said screw it im gonna buy one.

was gonna go buy one for $90 in store.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

Bump.
Just copped this and wanted to share with the NT fam

NutriBullet 12-pc. 600-Watt Superfood Nutrition Extractor & Blender Set for $58.85 + Free Shipping. (Retail $119.99)

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-10...uperfood-nutrition-extractor-blender-set.jsp?

Add Coupon Codes: HOMESALE10, JUST4U, SUNNY and SHIP50JULY
That is the old model, but still a good deal. A new one came out with a 900 WATT motor vs the 600 watt. Bigger cup and a few more differences.

New one: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1597549/nutribullet-pro-900-watt-blender.jsp

read it here :http://www.juicingdietworks.com/reviews/nutribullet-pro-900-series-review-bigger-powerful-extractor/

Back
Top Bottom