Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Just my two cents on the UA think before we completely beat the dead horse, when Jay Z was negotiating Robinson Canos mariners deal he essentially started a bidding war with two mariners executives without them knowing they were bidding against themselves, would be a total baller move to put out all this UA stuff themselves just to get nike to raise their bid. Especially since we don't have a real source on the apparent 30 mil offer. And that ominous tweet from the UA CEO about a meeting everyone is talking about ain't about KD cuz he was back in OKC today. Seems like a bunch of smoke and mirrors to me. Sorry to carry on this topic but finally got a chance to toss my opinion in. Carry on.

if i like it i buy it no matter what brand... i'm just saying i haven't really liked anything form ua yet so we will have to see 

that's if it even comes to that that which i doubt

Last edited:
Who cares about "putting UA on the map"? I mean really.
UA does. You don't give 30M to a dude, to be generous. They will make KD campaign is a** off. 
laugh.gif

if i like it i buy it no matter what brand... i'm just saying i haven't really liked anything form ua yet so we will have to see 

that's if it even comes to that that which i doubt

I'm trying to explain the same thing to folks in the UA thread but apparently because I like Nikes I'm what's wrong with "the game" as the kids say. KD takes a sniff of a UA offer and all these UA fans come out swinging.

Last edited:
Yeah and now Cano is going to rot in Seattle for the next 10 years with no protection, no hopes for a ring, and no audience. He could have been another homegrown Yankee legend. Nah, he took the extra 2-3 years and $30-40M.

Pro tip: start your kids playing baseball, contracts are guaranteed
laugh.gif

KD will learn real quick that Nike sells shoes, not UA. Kanye will learn the same thing about Adidas soon enough as well. Sure they'll garner a slight audience, but nothing like they got with Nike. Just because they sign him to a $30 mill deal doesn't mean they all of a sudden have good designers. They've yet to make a shoe that I would even take a sniff at and putting KD's name on it isn't gonna help me look more at them. Nike makes plenty of non-player shoes I'd own because they have the right designers. Just ask D Rose how many people rock his shoes.

Why should it matter to KD how many pairs his shoe would sell? That's something the endorser cares about. KD just gets paid.

I highly doubt d rose is concerned about how many pairs of his shoes he sell. He just cashes those Adidas checks.
Very true, but I doubt that contract is gonna keep coming back like that when his shoe is a complete bust.

Why should it matter to KD how many pairs his shoe would sell? That's something the endorser cares about. KD just gets paid.

I highly doubt d rose is concerned about how many pairs of his shoes he sell. He just cashes those Adidas checks.

Exactly!

Nike needs to go all out on Durant. Maybe KD should demand that his shoes be at most $100... but we all know that's not gonna happen!

No need to worry. Seen a few pictures of these sitting. I'm sure a good #NT paypal the transaction for you in the want/buy place
nerd.gif
That's actually your pic?  ...cool
smokin.gif
    I passed on the 1st 2 CW, but had to get this red.  Not sure I like the easy money or calm before the storm either, or whatever they're called.

Back
Top Bottom