Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
I hope that they would be above that level of mind games, but it is the ultimate "Sonning Him" move. UA was feeling themselves, and out of nowhere, Nike comes through and bust their bubble. The same thing happened with Blake. UA had him, and at the last minute Nike swooped in. And for good measure, Blake brings DeAndre to the brand.

UA really wanted the NFL contract, but yet again, Nike crapped all over their offer and stopped the bidding before it even started. They finally join the big boys and make a big boy offer, but old Nike strikes again and shows them that "your money isn't long enough". That burn! :x :x :smh:

Supposedly, they even had to overpay for Curry. I personally think that UA is playing with fire. Nike and Adidas can gives these crazy contracts (Rose, Rubio) since they have a greater global share and can PAY for visibility and "throw" money around. UA has to hit, they need to move units. They don't want to get Reebok'ed trying to go dollar for dollar with Nike.

Their money was long enough. Legally, all nike had to do was match and kd had to stay

Oh well.

Wanted KD at UA, but bring on more 7s!

Does this mean that LJ will demand a larger contract? KD is now making what only 5 mil less than James?

Also clearly shows that Kobe is 3rd fiddle and likely on his way out.

1. Adidas and nike do compete
2. UA with kd makes them a legit player in the bball market. 2nd best player who's probably the most popular in terms of fan appeal
nike owns like 95% of basketball shoe market.. I wouldn't call that competing.. 

Damn KD really is set for life right now after UA put that offer up... The Easy Money colorway is looking real good right now.

Fiscal year ends September 30th for 2014 it started on October 1st . I think he easily did 200 million + in that time.
Unless the retail level and corporate level are on different FYs, no.  The retail stores are currently in Q1.

But, that's unimportant.  We're both in agreement on the money getting bigger before they need to do anything further with the price of the shoe.

I tried to pull up top shoe manufacturers FY2014 but got nothing. I did manage to find a Forbes article from 2012. It says back then Nike was valued at $15 Billion. Adidas was a distant second at $5 Billion. Reebok was around $1.5 Billion, followed by UA at $1 Billion. UA is the fastest growing shoe manufacturer. Scooping KD would have been a coup.

I'm sure Nike matches the offer or gave him some ridiculous incentive to match the difference. Nike can't really afford not to throw money at Lebron, Kobe, KD, etc.

All in all, I really do think that he may have a subconscious allegiance to the swoosh. think about how he took significantly less money from nike compared to adidas his rookie season.

But I deff think he taxed nike this time round, to think he wouldn't take $20 mil a year when they offered that. You know Hov and his camp made sure Nike took care of KD. I really thought that UA had landed him with the stock that they offered as well as the comunity center/player incentives, but Roc nation knew what they were doing.

Had he agreed with UA, I think that DC was all but inevitable...I still think there's a decent chance of him coming home, but not as sure as I was if UA pulled him.

Lord, nike knew what was up. When lebrons on the chopping block he's getting a billion :lol:

Not srs........ But :nerd:

Last edited:
I absolutely do not understand how him signing with UA would have any influence in him playing for the Wiz. I get that they're a Maryland based company but that's like saying an athlete signing with Nike is going to play for Portland.

Only connection is the Wizards owner is close friends with UAs. Didn't matter who he signed with, he'll be here in the Nations Capital soon anyway. He'll tire of losing in OKC and come to a Wizards roster with Wall and Beal who'll be vets by then. Washington will be the better team and closer to the ring in a year or two playing in the East.

"Losing" with the Thunder and jump ship to the Eastern Conference champs Washington Bullets?

I'm not saying it's not possible, but it really is a case of wait and see. Lebron jumping ship makes sense because he's an opportunist, home sick, etc.

I absolutely do not understand how him signing with UA would have any influence in him playing for the Wiz. I get that they're a Maryland based company but that's like saying an athlete signing with Nike is going to play for Portland.
Kevin Plank (CEO/founder of UA) and Ted Leonsis (Owner of the wiz) are mad tight....one would be stupid to think that UA was coming straight out of the gate with this uninfluenced by any third parties. it's not strictly about the company, it's the relationships of higher ups that ultimately pull a lot of the strings from the background.

Last year OKC was a couple games away from being in the finals again :lol:

Really don't know what y'all are talking about. Anything closer had he's have a championship. Only 1 team he could join to get "closer" is the cavs :lol:

But if OKC offers him mad money which the Wizards won't be able to match, what makes some think Durant will go East?

People also tend to forget that the Wiz hired David Adkins (Assistant Coach at Montrose, KD's alma matter) and he and KD are pretty close as well...Wiz front office outchea making moves.

OKC says here KD win us games. They don't run offense. Westbrook is score first where Wall is pass first with Beal at the 3pt line it'll be easier for Durant to operate. OKC went 7 games in every series last year I think also. He'll easily get to the ECF how the east is now. There are plenty of basketball reason for him to leave.

Last edited:
I dunno. If dude played it right, he could easily make a lot of money. According to an article last fall, he was "only" at $55 million in career earnings. Edit: The math in that article based on his previous $60 mil Nike contract, current $85 mil NBA contract and other endorsements (Gatorade, 2K, etc) is a little questionable. With the new Nike deal and contracting two years, it could put him on the path of being a half billionaire.

But then again, he's taken less money before for what would make him more happy.

Lebron is going to make a lot of money when his contract expires.

Last edited:
Portland is a adidas based team. LA is an exception since he's like the best pf in the game. But I understand where you're coming from. Trailblazer for life!

OKC says here KD win us games. They don't run offense. Westbrook is score first where Wall is pass first with Beal at the 3pt line it'll be easier for Durant to operate. OKC went 7 games in every series last year I think also. He'll easily get to the ECF how the east is now. There are plenty of basketball reason for him to leave.

How many games did OKC win last year? How many games wiz win? OKC is a better coach away from being on top. Heck if ibaka wasn't out 2 games things could of played of different. If Westbrook didn't get hurt 2 years ago things could of gone different.

IF PERKINS DIDNT START EVERY GAME :lol:

My point is OKC isn't hurting.

I'm not trying to question the competence of their coach but OKC has had a pretty talented squad even post Harden. It's the same issue I have with the Heat, not to say Spoelstra is mediocre but when you have three elite players (two capable of calling plays on the court and improvising), it's hard to say what was talent and what was coaching. Whereas, you can't really question Popivich's work with the Spurs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom