Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Elites for 99 is certainly the bees knees.. Holding out for those rose golds though.. And even those I'm on the fence for cause I just don't like the perforated holes..

With all of the "Elite's" being offered at $99, I wonder how long it will take the "Rose Gold" elite's to be sold at the $99 price point. The blue's are being sold at $99, only 6 weeks after release. It would be pretty amazing, if they were $99 right at release....but the chances of that happening is few and far between.

With all of the "Elite's" being offered at $99, I wonder how long it will take the "Rose Gold" elite's to be sold at the $99 price point. The blue's are being sold at $99, only 6 weeks after release. It would be pretty amazing, if they were $99 right at release....but the chances of that happening is few and far between.

Pricing mistakes kinda ramped right now :lol:

So the KD7 Elite is supposed to be 200, right?

That means stores selling these for $99 are making no profit, right? (If KD7s go by the same wholesale/markup principle of most Nike shoes)

Last edited:

So the KD7 Elite is supposed to be 200, right?

That means stores selling these for $99 are making no profit, right? (If KD7s go by the same wholesale/markup principle of most Nike shoes)
Its somewhat similar to most, if not all retail establishments. Each individual company can take a stock balance, and forecast sell through numbers. If they feel as if they will be stuck with a lot of inventory, they can request trailing credits and/or "VIR" back end rebates. The retail stores can leverage this with Nike, by basically saying..."Look....we've got 700 pair of KD 7 elites that are just sitting on our shelves. The KD8 will be here in 20 days. So, if you don't want us to ship you back 700 pairs of unsold KD7 Elites, we would like to get some help to move these out." So, Nike would much rather give Footlocker a $50/$75 instant trailing credit on all remaining stock, than to have FootLocker ship them back 700 pairs of shoes...that will end up n an outlet/closeout store anyways. Win/Win for both parties involved.

Its somewhat similar to most, if not all retail establishments. Each individual company can take a stock balance, and forecast sell through numbers. If they feel as if they will be stuck with a lot of inventory, they can request trailing credits and/or "VIR" back end rebates. The retail stores can leverage this with Nike, by basically saying..."Look....we've got 700 pair of KD 7 elites that are just sitting on our shelves. The KD8 will be here in 20 days. So, if you don't want us to ship you back 700 pairs of unsold KD7 Elites, we would like to get some help to move these out." So, Nike would much rather give Footlocker a $50/$75 instant trailing credit on all remaining stock, than to have FootLocker ship them back 700 pairs of shoes...that will end up n an outlet/closeout store anyways. Win/Win for both parties involved.
Cool. Never had someone explain this to me before, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom