**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

??? Michael jackson didnt become bigger after he died, he just sold mad albums.... omg, people must not remember the 80s and 90s when michael jackson had grown men and women passing out across the world just by grabbing his crotch...

People truly are stuck in the moment when it comes to history.

Bruh... I know MJ is THE most popular entertainer/artist in the history of music. While he was alive, the youth of today didn't know who he was or at least cared about him. When he died, due to his music and videos being played nonstop for like 8 mths to a yr, the youth of today now knows who he is and became NEW fans. Is this really hard to understand?

Last edited:
i never said it wasnt a good album. Its definitely no classic though. Came out 4 yrs ago and outside of nerds on message boards the average person doesn't know it exists.
Section 80 is still better than anything not RD though. GKMC & TPAB are both better than RD so your argument is moot. Face it K Dot has already created better quality music than your idol.

Bruh... I know MJ is THE most popular entertainer/artist in the history of music. While he was alive, the youth of today didn't know who he was or at least cared about him. When he died, due to his music and videos being played nonstop for like 8 mths to a yr, the youth of today now knows who he is and became NEW fans. Is this really hard to understand?
that wasnt your argument. You said he became more popular after his death. which is false and im glad u retracted that statement...

Gonna blow some sour and listen to this album again...

Yall got me second guessing my ears with the outlandish statements...

I could underatand how some people like it alot... but to go ahead and praise it like its the purple tape or something is outlandish

that wasnt your argument. You said he became more popular after his death. which is false and im glad u retracted that statement...

Gaining new fans doesn't increase your popularity? Making you more popular...ok

Anyway, I'm going to continue vibin to TPAB since this is what the thread is about. Still got that 96 rating on metacritic after 36 critics. That graet.

Last edited:
Section 80 is still better than anything not RD though. GKMC & TPAB are both better than RD so your argument is moot. Face it K Dot has already created better quality music than your idol.

Nothing but truth here.

:lol: :smh: at the MJ analysis.

This cat Kendrick put out a historic album and yall filling this thread with nonsense.

Never change NT.

i never said it wasnt a good album. Its definitely no classic though. Came out 4 yrs ago and outside of nerds on message boards the average person doesn't know it exists.

oh gee i'm shocked View media item 1467933
holla at me when kendrick sells out the garden in minutes or headlines glastonbury or passes elvis for the most #1 albums of all-time for a solo artist, ya bish

I've spent the better part of a week with this album.........this is a masterpiece. GKMC was a story; this is an experience. So many layers to this joint man. Much respect to Kendrick and everyone involved with this. I don't understand the logic of putting a time frame on when an album can be labeled a classic. This is a classic. This is important music. My homie out me in to Kendricks music around the beginning of 2012, and while I thought he had skill, I wasn't feeling some of his older stuff (I still don't like OD aside from A couple tracks). Dudes growth has shown on each of his projects, and this album shows his growth as a man. I don't even know where he goes from here musically, but I'm here for it. I'd love to hear him and KRIT do work together. Or a track with De'angelo.

oh gee i'm shocked View media item 1467933
holla at me when kendrick sells out the garden in minutes or headlines glastonbury or passes elvis for the most #1 albums of all-time for a solo artist, ya bish

What does any of that have to do with the quality of music though? Not even saying any of Kendricks albums are better than Jay's, but your logic just resonates what's wrong with the game today. Lighting up the pop charts has nothing to do with overall quality. Plenty of wack rappers and albums have sold.

What does any of that have to do with the quality of music though? Not even saying any of Kendricks albums are better than Jay's, but your logic just resonates what's wrong with the game today. Lighting up the pop charts has nothing to do with overall quality. Plenty of wack rappers and albums have sold.

He probably thinks Drizzy is a better artist because he is more popular. When you have to go to numbers and how much they sold, that's when you know the quality argument is lost.

Anyway played K. Dot's 3 albums b2b2b, the story telling and progression could rival any NY Times best selling author. Amazing.

what has kendrick done to elevate the culture ? He coddles dre's balls and appear in some beats commercials

interscope put major payola into "I" and made it the official NBA theme song and that **** still didn't take off :umad:

Last edited:
BLACK MAN TAKING NO LOSSES

rejoice.png

Considering the Kendrick has been in the game for less than 5 years in mainstream, he's only started.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1467989/[/URL]"]
Originally Posted by View media item 1467989

what has kendrick done to elevate the culture ? He coddles dre's balls and appear in some beats commercials

interscope put major payola into "I" and made it the official NBA theme song and that **** still didn't take off :umad:
[/quote]

performing reasonable doubt 10 year anniversary at radio city music hall with a 50 piece orchestra>anything kdot's done

headlinining glastonbury >k dot

hell even peforming "picasso baby" at that NY gallery did more to elevate the culture

how many of you hyperbolic kendrick stans even bought the album?

did you know he tweeted this the other day then deleted it

"“billboard cant be right….they say LA only bought 35k copies of the album…. LA we got work 2 do…”"

No need to stan for Mr. Camel he had his time. King Kendrick has the juice now.

Back
Top Bottom