**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Music is all different though. I really like TPAB but i also really like IYRTITL. I have listened to the new drake way more than Kendrick. Does that make it a better piece of art? Not really Drake is just an easier listen. 10 bands at the gym, here and now on my morning commute half asleep. I listen to kendrick when i have some time to myself and can digest things. I like what he has to say but i honestly hate is voice antics. The "boo boo", the crying voice, the high pictched voice, the doubled over voice. When he just raps i love it. When he adds all the other shenanigans people say "oh it helps tell the story" it also helps me skip the track

Music is all different though. I really like TPAB but i also really like IYRTITL. I have listened to the new drake way more than Kendrick. Does that make it a better piece of art? Not really Drake is just an easier listen. 10 bands at the gym, here and now on my morning commute half asleep. I listen to kendrick when i have some time to myself and can digest things. I like what he has to say but i honestly hate is voice antics. The "boo boo", the crying voice, the high pictched voice, the doubled over voice. When he just raps i love it. When he adds all the other shenanigans people say "oh it helps tell the story" it also helps me skip the track

This post right here...

boo boo
JK bro :lol: I respect your opinion

TPAB is holding steady on metacritic with a 96. Thats with 36 reviews. (Compared to 91 for g.k.m.c. which is already considered a classic album by many)

So whoever is calling this album trash....

RonBurgandy.gif

performing reasonable doubt 10 year anniversary at radio city music hall with a 50 piece orchestra>anything kdot's done

headlinining glastonbury >k dot

hell even peforming "picasso baby" at that NY gallery did more to elevate the culture

how many of you hyperbolic kendrick stans even bought the album?

did you know he tweeted this the other day then deleted it

"“billboard cant be right….they say LA only bought 35k copies of the album…. LA we got work 2 do…”"
this is disgusting. youre comparing the 20 year career of jay-z.... to kendricks 4 year mainstream career? word? and then to even come out of left field an say performing picasso baby at an art gallery elevates the culture more than ANYTHING kendrick has done? bruh...

kendricks verse on control set the internet and music world on FIRE. it made ALL of the rappers respond in one way or another. it made them start saying who's better than who and reintroduced competition to the rap game. thats elevating the culture.

GKMC was a TRUE hiphop album. it didn't conform at all to what we're used to hearing...and still sold. Kendrick proved u dont have to sell out to sell. THATS elevating the culture.

kendrick follows up GKMC with an album with NO radio singles. NO promo. And its heavily jazz and funk influenced... in 2015! Then splices together a conversation with tupac to close it out... can we be SERIOUS about kendrick not elevating the culture?

jay? to keep it 100 jay is overrated. to keep it 150, hes fallen off big time from what he used to be. his albums have no staying power and he hasn't dropped a classic since blueprint 2. to keep it 200... jayz has hurt the culture more than helped it recently. for example, look at what he did last night. tryna get everyone to buy into his s***ty app called Tidal... which is spotify except it costs $20 a month for "hi-fi audio" 
roll.gif
 jayz bout the dollar. he dont care about our culture. he don't even speak about the issues within our culture. 

hes a great businessman. one of the best. but music? nah that time is up homie.

Last edited:
performing reasonable doubt 10 year anniversary at radio city music hall with a 50 piece orchestra>anything kdot's done

hell even peforming "picasso baby" at that NY gallery did more to elevate the culture

"“billboard cant be right….they say LA only bought 35k copies of the album…. LA we got work 2 do…”"

this is disgusting. youre comparing the 20 year career of jay-z.... to kendricks 4 year mainstream career? word? and then to even come out of left field an say performing picasso baby at an art gallery elevates the culture more than ANYTHING kendrick has done? bruh...

kendricks verse on control set the internet and music world on FIRE. it made ALL of the rappers respond in one way or another. it made them start saying who's better than who and reintroduced competition to the rap game. thats elevating the culture.

GKMC was a TRUE hiphop album. it didn't conform at all to what we're used to hearing...and still sold. Kendrick proved u dont have to sell out to sell. THATS elevating the culture.

kendrick follows up GKMC with an album with NO radio singles. NO promo. And its heavily jazz and funk influenced... in 2015! Then splices together a conversation with tupac to close it out... can we be SERIOUS about kendrick not elevating the culture?

jay? to keep it 100 jay is overrated. to keep it 150, hes fallen off big time from what he used to be. his albums have no staying power and he hasn't dropped a classic since blueprint 2. to keep it 200... jayz has hurt the culture more than helped it recently. for example, look at what he did last night. tryna get everyone to buy into his s***ty app called Tidal... which is spotify except it costs $20 a month for "hi-fi audio" :rofl:  jayz bout the dollar. he dont care about our culture. he don't even speak about the issues within our culture. 

That about sums it up.

Dude really said peforming "Picasso Baby" at that NY gallery did more to elevate the culture. That is absolutely ridiculous.:lol:

Last edited:

jay? to keep it 100 jay is overrated. to keep it 150, hes fallen off big time from what he used to be. his albums have no staying power and he hasn't dropped a classic since blueprint 2. to keep it 200... jayz has hurt the culture more than helped it recently. for example, look at what he did last night. tryna get everyone to buy into his s***ty app called Tidal... which is spotify except it costs $20 a month for "hi-fi audio" :rofl:  jayz bout the dollar. he dont care about our culture. he don't even speak about the issues within our culture. 

this post is LAUGHABLE for a few reasons.

1. this album had NO promo? breh.. interscope PAID the NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION to play "I" at every commercial break.

kendrick went on colbert report and performed "I" and "Untitled" (which is overhyped and not even touching j. cole's "be free" performance on letterman"

Kendrick also performed "I" on SNL.

he has also been on countless magazine covers the past few months.. (xxl, rolling stone, etc..)

maybe you forgot because payola aside, "I" didn't really take off like that (though i love it musically kendrick was the worst thing about that song..stupid voice..stupid lyrics...MUSICALLY it's fire) and that was in september.

2. yea the control verse was dope..but it was like an inferior version of an early 00s eminem verse (til I collapse)..kendrick is an openly admitted eminem stan and has been stealing his flow a lot the past few years.

3. you just called BP2 a classic..this makes your entire post invalid and shows you don't know what you're talking about.

AMERICAN GANGSTER ..classic in my books.. a concept album just like GKMC.. also like tpab.. very non commercial, very musical.. 70s..soulful.. marvin gaye , isley brothers, curtis mayfield samples

4. i never would have compared hov to kendrick until you NT d-riders (98% of em who reside in LA) started saying all 3 kendrick albums are better than any jay-z album. in the other thread linked on the last page a dude already said kendrick is the G.O.A.T based off discography alone already :lol:

another dude in this thread said this is the "most important album in the history of black music" :lol: :roll .. do you realize the hyperbole you NTers come up with? its asinine

Last edited:

1. this album had NO promo? breh.. interscope PAID the NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION to play "I" at every commercial break.

kendrick went on colbert report and performed "I" and "Untitled" (which is overhyped and not even touching j. cole's "be free" performance on letterman"

he has also been on countless magazine covers the past few months.. (xxl, rolling stone, etc..)

maybe you forgot because payola aside, "I" didn't really take off like that (though i love it musically kendrick was the worst thing about that song..stupid voice..stupid lyrics...MUSICALLY it's fire) and that was in september.

I stopped reading after that.

Last edited:

I stopped reading after that.

"errybody lack confident everybody lack confident" :x.. sounded ******ED.

and yes i realize its confidence..but he said it like that

and breh referenced FASHION POLICE in the song :lol:

Last edited:
Was that a typo? Did you accidentally type the 2 and meant just The Blueprint?

And to the entire music forum, can we stop saying albums have no promo? Pretty much all these albums have promo and the new and best selling tool is the "no promo" campaign that everyone claims. J. Cole, Drake and Kendrick all had promo with their recent releases.

And to the entire music forum, can we stop saying albums have no promo? Pretty much all these albums have promo and the new and best selling tool is the "no promo" campaign that everyone claims. J. Cole, Drake and Kendrick all had promo with their recent releases.

cole didn't. and drake didn't either. until after they released.

kendrick had "I" released 6 months prior.. and then they announced a release date/title in early march...and then they're like "oh my album leaked a week early..it's on itunes!!..darnit!!". seemed like a semi publicity stunt

woulda been better if they had gone full beyonce like the above arists instead of announcing a release date.. but hell either way still broke spotify records..dropping a GKMC as your previous album will do that for ya

edit: i think they announced cole's title before it came out too. drake's was full beyonce iirc

Last edited:

2. yea the control verse was dope..but it was like an inferior version of an early 00s eminem verse (til I collapse)..kendrick is an openly admitted eminem stan and has been stealing his flow a lot the past few years.

3. you just called BP2 a classic..this makes your entire post invalid and shows you don't know what you're talking about.

AMERICAN GANGSTER ..classic in my books.. a concept album just like GKMC.. also like tpab.. very non commercial, very musical.. 70s..soulful.. marvin gaye , isley brothers, curtis mayfield samples

4. i never would have compared hov to kendrick until you NT d-riders (98% of em who reside in LA) started saying all 3 kendrick albums are better than any jay-z album. in the other thread linked on the last page a dude already said kendrick is the G.O.A.T based off discography alone already
laugh.gif

another dude in this thread said this is the "most important album in the history of black music"
laugh.gif
:roll .. do you realize the hyperbole you NTers come up with? its asinine
...ur kidding.

1. you think that 1 song during commercials during allstar break is big promo? word? he performed the same song on colbert report? thats the promo? promo includes touring, radio, appearances, interviews, placements in media, social media campaigns... and all u have is commercials during allstar break (that interscope MAY or MAY NOT have paid for) and 1 talk show? LOL

2. it was dope but it (in your opinion) doesn't compare to a song from nearly 15 years ago? stealing em's flow? WHAT!?

3. BP2 was jays last impactful album imo. American Gangster came and went in the same month.

4. dont excuse what YOU do with the actions of others.

kendrick had "I" released 6 months prior.. and then they announced a release date/title in early march...and then they're like "oh my album leaked a week early..it's on itunes!!..darnit!!". seemed like a semi publicity stunt

woulda been better if they had gone full beyonce like the above arists instead of announcing a release date.. but hell either way still broke spotify records..dropping a GKMC as your previous album will do that for ya

edit: i think they announced cole's title before it came out too. drake's was full beyonce iirc
drakes wasnt "full beyonce" because the entire album was already online on his soundcloud then he took it down... kendrick dropped it a week early, where did u hear this "oh it leaked" business? o_O cole had a release date set ahead of time including a promo video on youtube well before the album came out. 

Last edited:

4. i never would have compared hov to kendrick until you NT d-riders (98% of em who reside in LA) started saying all 3 kendrick albums are better than any jay-z album. in the other thread linked on the last page a dude already said kendrick is the G.O.A.T based off discography alone already :lol:

another dude in this thread said this is the "most important album in the history of black music" :lol: :roll .. do you realize the hyperbole you NTers come up with? its asinine

...ur kidding.

1. you think that 1 song during commercials during allstar break is big promo? word? he performed the same song on colbert report? thats the promo? promo includes touring, radio, appearances, interviews, placements in media... and all u have is commercials during allstar break (that interscope MAY or MAY NOT have paid for) and 1 talk show? LOL

2. it was dope but it (in your opinion) doesn't compare to a song from nearly 15 years ago? stealing em's flow? WHAT!?

3. BP2 was jays last impactful album imo. American Gangster came and went in the same month.

4. dont excuse what YOU do with the actions of others.

1. bro.. it is the OFFICIAL NBA theme song for the 2014-2015 season..that means it gets played probably 40 times EVERY game..and if you watch a double header..you're gonna hear it double that..don't try to downplay that

http://theboombox.com/kendrick-lamar-nba-on-tnt-promo/ (oh look the word promo)

and yes saturday night live and colbert report get MILLIONS of viewers..that's is PROMOTION. you cannot try to downplay this!

2. So Black album doesn't exist either? you choose blueprint 2!?!? TBA still had impact..even if hov ruined it a bit by coming back we still got the fade to black concert and DVD out of it.. American Gangster is viewed as a top 3 or at worst 4 jay-z album by those who know what they're talking about. it''s a "push play" album for me..i have to hear it start to finish every time.

and yes he's stolen emimem's flow.. in a lot of his guest verses post GKMC he's done that aggressive scream/flow akin to modern day eminem.. he's admitted he's an eminem stan..even that thread on here calling him the greatest MC right now mentions him using em's flow too.. anyone with ears can hear this.

Last edited:
so being aggressive on a track counts as a flow...and can be attributed to one person. got it. why do yall keep posting racial imagery and videos? this thread is about kendrick....

on my first listen i was iffy bout this album

but then i took my time and REALLY listened and i loved it

how much a dollar cost is probably my favorite right now. that story telling is on 100

If you believe Cole and Drake had zero promo, then the labels and suits are doing their jobs well.

If I have to explain how the "no promo" promo that Cole, Drake and Kendrick all used, then we don't even need to have this convo.

BUT THEY ALL GOT PROMO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom